User Lists: 0

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jimmyfenix

better not be broken like ac 3 :@ arrghh!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

:D. Too bad that won't last forever, but pumped at the idea of how good games will look on consoles in the future.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

o_O

Okay, that's cool - my PC can't run AC3 at a solid 60fps.

Count me as happy.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

That is great news, AC3 was a slide show at points on current consoles. I hope Watch dogs is similar since that looks to be the more interesting Ubisoft game.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

o_O

Count me as happy.

BF4 is going to run at 60 on the Xone. This really does sound like porting stuff from console to console to system will no longer leave someone with a crappy version.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By devilzrule27

More concerned about them making a good game, last two, three if you count the vita game, have been mediocre.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man said:

@selfconfessedcynic said:

o_O

Count me as happy.

BF4 is going to run at 60 on the Xone. This really does sound like porting stuff from console to console to system will no longer leave someone with a crappy version.

Yeah, next gen sounds awesome already - good games for everybody! HYPE!

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man said:

o_O

Count me as happy.

Also found BF4 for console will have 64 players.

Zojirushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct me if I'm wrong but that singleplayer demo at the Sony conference seemed pretty laggy (and I don't mean the actual freezing in between and at the very end).

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct me if I'm wrong but that singleplayer demo at the Sony conference seemed pretty laggy (and I don't mean the actual freezing in between and at the very end).

And sound blew out multiple times for multiple games. Its a live demo people move on.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man said:

I don't play BF - but that's great news for other online titles like The Division.

Sounds like player limits won't be too much of a problem going forward.

Zojirushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man: Like I said, that's not what I meant.

Its because chances are it went though a shit ton of AV stuff to get onto the big screen and have audio going. If you listen you can hear the game still playing. It clearly worked chances are something broke along the way. Or maybe the PS4 just does not play nice with streaming tech right now...

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cool I wanted to get both BF4 and black flag. No I get it on the PS4 instead of my PC, which can not run it that fast.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wuddel said:

Cool I wanted to get both BF4 and black flag. No I get it on the PS4 instead of my PC, which can not run it that fast.

Same here. *But for X1* I missed out on BF3 because of my laptop being old.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

It's nice that these early games are running nice and fast. I'm sure once we fully leave the current gen behind things will go back to 30 but in the meantime getting 60 fps games will be great.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that's nice to hear. I hope it's good, 'cause I really, really disliked four (though the soundtrack was mostly fantastic).

Nivash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't all that surprising really considering that they use the same engine for both current and next gen consoles. Same for BF4. It's nice to hear nonetheless.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefield 4 running on 60 fps in a high resolution with 64 players on consoles, is impressive, because Frostbite 3 and constant DICE innovation.

Black Flag running that way, on the other hand, is nothing impressive IMO because Ubisoft is clearly pumping out yearly cash grabbers with this franchise, with little technological advancement. The Black Flag live demo gameplay looked straight out of AC2 that came out in 2009, the same exact animations, AI movement and behavior, graphical fidelity, etc..

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan said:

:D. Too bad that won't last forever, but pumped at the idea of how good games will look on consoles in the future.

it's going to be dicks when framerate returns to 360 & ps3 standards once these consoles run more taxing games. Maybe ~2 years from now :(

Once you go 60fps it's difficult to go back

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Graphically it looked really nice but the gameplay looked practically unchanged from 3. Which I don't like.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deskp

The singleplayer is 30fps on both next gen. multiplayer 60.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sure it does....

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

WGAF

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By colourful_hippie

@the_laughing_man said:

o_O

Count me as happy.

Battlefield 4 running on 60 fps in a high resolution with 64 players on consoles, is impressive, because Frostbite 3 and constant DICE innovation.

Black Flag running that way, on the other hand, is nothing impressive IMO because Ubisoft is clearly pumping out yearly cash grabbers with this franchise, with little technological advancement. The Black Flag live demo gameplay looked straight out of AC2 that came out in 2009, the same exact animations, AI movement and behavior, graphical fidelity, etc..

As of right now BF4 isn't running at 1080 yet. It was seen at Gamescom running at a resolution between 720 and 1080 and the texture resolutions were inconsistent. I'm sure though that the final product will be at 1080 (I hope) otherwise it's going to be another Halo 3 which pulled the whole 540p bullshit. I won't be surprised though if the texture resolutions continue to be inconsistent.

I am glad to see more people be able to play nice looking games at 60 though, that's always a great thing.

@deskp said:

The singleplayer is 30fps on both next gen. multiplayer 60.

Where did you hear that?

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GERALTITUDE

It's a good thing frames = fun, I'm so relieved now.

funtimeben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool news on Assassin's creed 4 being 1080p at 30/60p. I'm not sure I will need 60fps for the story sections.

Just for the record BF4 runs at 60fps at 720p on both next gen consoles. This has been confirmed by DICE directly. It is a pity as BF4 was running at higher resolutions during PS4 demos, but was apparently scaled back to have console parity with the Xbox One.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ps4xbone-versions-of-bf4-to-run-at-720p-update-run-29440290/

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Just for the record BF4 runs at 60fps at 720p on both next gen consoles. This has been confirmed by DICE directly. It is a pity as BF4 was running at higher resolutions during PS4 demos, but was apparently scaled back to have console parity with the Xbox One.

Booooo.

Anyway, PC master race etc.

SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jasonr86 said:

Graphically it looked really nice but the gameplay looked practically unchanged from 3. Which I don't like.

you mean apart from the heavily revamped ship to ship combat which now includes boarding, creating a flotilla of ships, attacking ports, mini mystery islands to explore an actually big open world to go around this time?

Yup sounds identical to me lol

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By Seppli

@funtimeben said:

Cool news on Assassin's creed 4 being 1080p at 30/60p. I'm not sure I will need 60fps for the story sections.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ps4xbone-versions-of-bf4-to-run-at-720p-update-run-29440290/

No, it's not been officially confirmed. It's all hearsay until we get the reviews (which happens today by the way). I'd certainly be disappointed if true. Personally, I value rendering resolution more than pretty much everything else (steady framerate aside) - and I blame the technical artdirection for seeing it differently, if that's really the case. There are a 1001 other things I'd rather scale down, before reducing rendering resolution. I mean it's okay to cut a handful of lines on the top and the bottom of the screen, but going 720p pretty much halves all detail on-screen.

These days, pretty much everybody has a 1080p display, or will have one soon. I mean I'm picking up a brandnew Samsung 40 inch TV for 399$ for my bedroom today. Hell - you can get great active shutter 3D 50+ inch brand TVs including a pair of glasses for well under a 1000$. Why some technical art directors would still not cater towards the native resolution of our screens baffles me.

Either way, I preferred the feel of the PS3 beta over the PC beta (I guess it stuttering on PC didn't help), so I'll be more than fine with BF4 on PS4, even if it was 720p - I'd just be pissed at the technical artdirector, so very pissed.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

you mean apart from the heavily revamped ship to ship combat which now includes boarding, creating a flotilla of ships, attacking ports, mini mystery islands to explore an actually big open world to go around this time?

Yup sounds identical to me lol

Just wait. You'll be following a dude, get spotted, restart, follow that dude again, get stuck on a wall and lose the dude, restart. The things you're talking about are as likely integral as the shit that made Revelations different from Brotherhood (the tower defense stuff, crafting, playing as a second character, etc.). But, if we're all honest, the gameplay from Brotherhood and Revelations, the main gameplay that makes up the majority of the game, is exactly the same.

And that's what will happen between AC 3 and AC 4.

Ta-da.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Damn dude, seeing Assassins Creed in 60 fps looks weird :/ Not sure if that's necessary with single player but it'd be nice nonetheless!

No where has it been said that XONE was the reasoning for the scaling back of the resolution aside from the comments speculating as such. DICE themselves mentioned a while back that they intended to push back the next-gen versions but had to make "compromises" to make the launch date. It's more than obvious that a lack of optimization and time with the next-gen versions lead to a lower resolution.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: they've said only the mp runs at 60. SP runs at 30

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@jayeh said:

@darji: they've said only the mp runs at 60. SP runs at 30

I kind of expected the single player to stick with 30.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Assassin's Creed's screen tearing is one of the biggest things that drove me back to PC gaming so I'll be particularly interested in seeing how this game performs on the new consoles.

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 4

@raven10: i sure hope not! 60 fps is tha shiznit

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By Sooty

This shouldn't really be a surprise. The game is not a big leap over past games in the series and is on much more powerful hardware.

I think it's pretty ridiculous some games are still running at 720P on the Xbox One. How does that even happen for Call of Duty? Ghost looks like ass. It's the Quake III engine ffs.

quietobserving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad all the fuss was pointless. AC4 needed a patch to run in 1080p on ps4. 60 fps? Not a chance, just a solid 30 fps.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was multiplayer, and stated at that in the beginning. Read clearly next time please.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if it needed to be patched to do it, it still does it. And like the dude above me said, it's just the multiplayer that was intended to run at 60 fps. I'm sure the Xbox version of the game is fine too. No reason to be upset that it's not in 1080p. You will most likely never be making the side-by-side comparison anyway. Both consoles have strengths and limitations; just enjoy yours and let everyone else enjoy theirs too.

gamingmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gamingmichael

I have it for my PC. My GTX 770 is capable of running it on 95%+ maxed settings at 60 FPS, but that's with V-Sync off (tearing is no bueno). Adaptive V-Sync really doesn't seem to fix the tearing in this game. If I turn on V-Sync, my FPS gets locked to 30! Is this fixable?

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By flippyandnod

It looked amazing on PS4 now. I figured it would make the framerate awful, but it's at least as good as before and the picture looks like some kind of fuzzy filter was removed to boot.

Quite an upgrade.

There's no tearing on PS4, I guess they use V-sync.