Are you getting Unity the day it comes out?

• 106 results
Avatar image for killer_meatballs
killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll Are you getting Unity the day it comes out? (169 votes)

Yes 38%
No 72%

This game looks amazing to me. The improved stealth, and parkour; and the world itself; I am very much looking forward to this game.

I couldn't get into AC3-played it for a bit, but found it boring, and didn't get AC4 when it first came out, but ended up getting it a month later and LOVED it!

So I'm just curious to see how many will get it on release day.

• 
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@killer_meatballs: Nah i'm still stuck with the 2nd game... It's soooo boring, never made it to any of the games after it. Didn't like where the story is going anyway.

Also feels like there is no ending just a yearly sequel, yearly sequel is there anything more wrong in the gaming world then a yearly sequel. That should be your next poll.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yea, probably. I'd be glad to finally try something that's next-gen only.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. This will be the second AC game I buy day one, the first being AC3's collectors edition, aka the AC game I spent $130 on and was so disappointed with. I borrowed Black Flag, beat it like a month ago. Didn't really care for all the boat stuff and the gameplay felt dated so I'm excited for all the changes in Unity. If anything, I'll just parkour up and down buildings for hours.

LOL I'm getting the collectors edition of Unity. Hopefully the outcome will be much different than yours! But I did buy the guide for AC3, so I feel like I wasted around $80 on AC3.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Considering I've hated every AC game except Black Flag (I like naval warefare, sue me), definitely not.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm calling it now. Co-op is just going to be doing the exact same "AC thang" but with friends.

Temper your expectations assassins. This one doesn't at all look like the leap of faith that this series needs.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Reviews first

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I'm hoping they release like a Digital-Deluxe version, so then I won't have to buy the game and season pass seperate and pay tax twice. The China-Chronicles stuff looks pretty cool, and very similar to Prince of Persia 2D style of old.

So China. They finally did it. Do they care? :)

ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The recent footage for Unity looks amazing. Customization out the wazzoo (which I've always wanted). Glad they tossed the MP, stuff and DLC is ALL SP focused.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting it the day reviews come out, if they are positive.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By whitegreyblack

Nope. I have 6 AC games to catch up on, first.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, the last couple Ubisoft games have been...poopy. I'm only buying two more games this month. And they're both remasters of past games.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im going to wait and see how the pc version performs. I just got a gtx 970 and chose Far Cry 4 as my free game over Unity. It looks alright but Im not at all interested in the co-op stuff.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I reactivated my Gamefly account just for the upcoming line up of games, so I'll be getting Ac Unity a few days after it releases knowing Gamfly's shipping time. Far Cry 4 however will be a day one purchase.

Avatar image for deactivated-60b3efc3d52d7
deactivated-60b3efc3d52d7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it looks shit and will be shit but I still pre-ordered it because fuck it, games.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have it pre-loaded on XONE, so yea.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know where i can get this cheap on PC legit?

Keirgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always wait for the big Steam holiday sale to save a bit of money, and hopefully get a patch and better drivers to improve the performance, which Ubisoft titles always need.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Creed is always a great February game. usually down to $40 bucks or something and that's a wasteland for games anyway.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maaaybe. I just ordered a GTX 970 and they currently have a promo where you can choose between free Unity, Far Cry 4 or some driving game nobody cares about. Kind of a tough call between the first two.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassins creed is one of my favorite franchises in games, so out of fandom yea.

but to put a "critical" eye on it, i have no idea how to feel about this game, its the revelations team making this one (which i think revelations had some of the strongest story beats in the series), but just, i dunno....

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbyrne said:

Creed is always a great February game. usually down to $40 bucks or something and that's a wasteland for games anyway.

really? February seems to have some heavy hitters next year.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

its the revelations team making this one (which i think revelations had some of the strongest story beats in the series), but just, i dunno....

Just curious, what did you like about Revelations? I found that game to be a real chore to get through and if it is the same team I'm now a lot more cautious about Unity which I was planning to pick up day one.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@cbyrne said:

The February Release Wasteland has largely been developed and filled with shiny new games in recent years, partly because games keep getting pushed back. The wasteland has largely been relegated to january only, and that pre-E3 lull is still there.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am a sucker for assasins creed games. So will definately get unity when it comes out.

Theavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After buying AC3 day of, ive decided to wait on reviews for this one. Im excited to play more AC so if its good then i'm game but pre-order dlc won't sway me.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still playing through Black Flag so I might be a bit burned out, but then I feel like that game had a ton of stuff this game wont have an vice versa. My least favorite stuff in Black Flag is the old AC stuff so idk. I feel like Ubisoft being a French company maybe overestimates how compelling an idea the French Revolution is as a setting outside of France, but at the same time that makes me think they might conclude the story set in the future in this iteration. I have no reason to suspect this other than a general hunch, just because if all they're doing is another Eurocentric AC Brotherhood type game (albeit a pretty one) that's not super interesting. So I want to believe they're gonna really dive into the future stuff this time.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@corvak said:

The February Release Wasteland has largely been developed and filled with shiny new games in recent years, partly because games keep getting pushed back. The wasteland has largely been relegated to january only, and that pre-E3 lull is still there.

I say that because I want to say I've bought AC3 and Black Flag in the January-Feb time for under $40 at stores. I think AC3 was $25 or 30. The store had TONS of copies. lol.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By LiquidPrince

@meatball: All the Assassin's Creed games have been really good. It's just some were better then others. I personally really like AC3, but the setting just wasn't as cool as something like in AC2. Same with Black Flag. However with Unity we're going back to dense urban cities, and that is making me super excited.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

November 11th is Remembrance Day in Canada (and I think Veterans Day in the US?), which is very convenient. I can't imagine this will turn out bad enough that I would regret my purchase. Just the stealth button alone already makes this a more playable game.

Keep in mind that I've finished every mainline Assassin's Creed game, finished the Vita version of Liberation but couldn't quite bring myself to finish Bloodlines. I know what I'm getting myself into. I know some parts of Unity are going to be cripplingly flawed.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't know if it's day-of, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. Not sure if Shadow of Mordor is going to make the older parkour more unwieldy - SOM was refreshingly free of those "oh you were trying to climb up under an overhang and you bumped your head" things.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@rorie: I loved Mordor but the climbing seemed to have roughly the same number of issues; albeit the design of the environments was better than most of the AC games (AC2 is the only one that really had entire cities where you could stay on the rooftops and go all the way across them). I think that's somewhat inevitable unless you have an automatic climb button like the Arkham games.

Dunno if I've posted in this thread yet but no competitive multiplayer is a deal breaker for me, unless the game has an overwhelmingly positive response. Rogue looks more appealing.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't planning to, but if I do the target buy two get one free deal this will probably be the third game unless I think of something else.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

nah, all of the AC games have horrible PC optimization on Day one.

abomunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be....if it goes back up on Steam

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I think it looks great, but I'm willing to wait for Black Friday to see if the price drops or if there's a "buy 2 get 1 free" deal so I could pick up AC:U, Far Cry 4 and Cod:AW

Funkupotamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is low on my list right now. Maybe next year after releases slow down.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to buy it early. Or else I'll hear about what kind of idiotic meta story they invented this year involving the animus and I'll end up never getting it! :D

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've bought them all so far, there's no reason to stop now.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldone said:

@mrfluke said:

its the revelations team making this one (which i think revelations had some of the strongest story beats in the series), but just, i dunno....

Just curious, what did you like about Revelations? I found that game to be a real chore to get through and if it is the same team I'm now a lot more cautious about Unity which I was planning to pick up day one.

it was more the story of the 2 old assassins for me is why i remember that game fondly, i thought the little character moments with Ezio and his wife, and all the stuff with old Altair story-wise was excellent and some of the strongest stuff in the series.

i think its the same team, if nothing else its the same lead, Amancio was the lead on revelations and now he's leading unity.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Nah, I'm out on this one. I may pick it up later on the cheap if it's highly thought of. Then again, I actually really liked ACIII (which people seem to hate for reasons I don't really understand) and I only just liked Black Flag (when others seem to love it), so maybe reviews don't really matter after all. I enjoy the AC games in general, but I have pretty much no interest in the setting this go-round. Based on what I've seen, I feel like they're missing the mark. Given the bloodbaths that the French Revolution was known for, this game should be hyperviolent in a way I know it won't be because it's a AAA title. Also, they probably should have gone with a female protagonist this time around given the history, and the gameplay should be pretty much anarchy instead of their typical weak "story". I'd be WAY more into this if you were some cold-ass anti-heroine just cutting limbs off, beheading people, and generally fucking shit up amidst a bunch of chaos. Which is weird for me, because I typically find hyperviolent stuff with little story around it to be lame and indicative of lacking depth, but that actually would be fairly appropriate here. Still, I have little to no hope that Ubi would dare go there and risk causing an uproar from the anti-video game violence crowd, so I'm out.

Also, I'm still way into Forza Horizon 2, and with the MCC dropping Tuesday and GTAV right after that, I'll have plenty of games to play for the next several months. Maybe I'll pick up AC: Unity in the Summer doldrums of 2015, but until then, I'll bid this adieu.

TheMultiverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TheMultiverse

I ran into an annoying Bug in AC IV PC version, that still hasn't been fixed, so no, i'll wait.

I also ran into plenty bugs in ACIII, and Splinter Cell Blacklist. My entire save file for Blacklist just vanished one day, forcing to me refinish the game, and unlock all of the multiplayer items.........i never refinished it.

I love the AC franchise, but i'll wait for the horror stories to get resolved before i plop down money.

BeyondStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By BeyondStrange

@mrfluke said:

@goldone said:

@mrfluke said:

it was more the story of the 2 old assassins for me is why i remember that game fondly, i thought the little character moments with Ezio and his wife, and all the stuff with old Altair story-wise was excellent and some of the strongest stuff in the series.

i think its the same team, if nothing else its the same lead, Amancio was the lead on revelations and now he's leading unity.

Actually, hearing that Unity has the same lead as Revelations has increased my interest in it even more. My reasons may sound weird and confusing, but I feel that Revelations could have been a great game with more time behind it.

Revelations had an interesting setting, a cool premise in old Ezio learning about the life of Altiar, and some great story beats. Ezio's romance, the climatic battle, and the fact that even in his old age, the man could still make huge mistakes were all promising, though underdeveloped in the final product. The climatic ending sequence, the Altiar stuff, and the final chapter (outside of the Zeus part) were all fantastic to me and some of my favorite moments from the entire franchise. I also can't expressed how much I loved the artistic design of Constantinople and the sojourn to the hidden city. Plus, as the one person who loved the AC competitive multiplayer, it was vastly improved over Brotherhood.

The problem was that Revelations probably suffered the most from the desire to have a main AC game every year. It was initially announced that there would be no AC game in 2011. Then suddenly, the plot from a 3DS game was converted to this AAA console title. So, the basics were there, but the gameplay and city were too much like "Brotherhood, but smaller" and the things they added were very patchwork (bombs that were cool, but useless and a really bad tower defense mini game). Oh yeah, they also added the hook blade dealy that literally did nothing beyond "zip-lines" and "I dunno, you can climb faster, maybe?" I feel like with a year or two more of development time, Revelations could have rivaled Brotherhood in quality (also, actually revealing new things to the plot in a game called "Revelations" would have helped). Personally, I think that even with a few more years of development, AC3 would have never been great. I don't think anything would have made the plot, characters, and game play concepts from that game interesting to me.

Actually, looking at the pre-release story stuff and game play, the game does look like "what if Revelations had more development time." That would be fantastic by me.

EDIT: Oh, and I noticed many here are excited for Rogue, but I am worried that will be to Black Flag like Revelations was to brotherhood. Looking at the features, it just seems like "Black Flag, but smaller with some random features thrown in, because, um... new features guys!"

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@mrfluke said:

@goldone said:

@mrfluke said:

Actually, hearing that Unity has the same lead as Revelations has increased my interest in it even more. My reasons may sound weird and confusing, but I feel that Revelations could have been a great game with more time behind it.

Revelations had an interesting setting, a cool premise in old Ezio learning about the life of Altiar, and some great story beats. Ezio's romance, the climatic battle, and the fact that even in his old age, the man could still make huge mistakes were all promising, though underdeveloped in the final product. The climatic ending sequence, the Altiar stuff, and the final chapter (outside of the Zeus part) were all fantastic to me and some of my favorite moments from the entire franchise. I also can't expressed how much I loved the artistic design of Constantinople and the sojourn to the hidden city. Plus, as the one person who loved the AC competitive multiplayer, it was vastly improved over Brotherhood.

The problem was that Revelations probably suffered the most from the desire to have a main AC game every year. It was initially announced that there would be no AC game in 2011. Then suddenly, the plot from a 3DS game was converted to this AAA console title. So, the basics were there, but the gameplay and city were too much like "Brotherhood, but smaller" and the things they added were very patchwork (bombs that were cool, but useless and a really bad tower defense mini game). Oh yeah, they also added the hook blade dealy that literally did nothing beyond "zip-lines" and "I dunno, you can climb faster, maybe?" I feel like with a year or two more of development time, Revelations could have rivaled Brotherhood in quality (also, actually revealing new things to the plot in a game called "Revelations" would have helped). Personally, I think that even with a few more years of development, AC3 would have never been great. I don't think anything would have made the plot, characters, and game play concepts from that game interesting to me.

Actually, looking at the pre-release story stuff and game play, the game does look like "what if Revelations had more development time." That would be fantastic by me.

EDIT: Oh, and I noticed many here are excited for Rogue, but I am worried that will be to Black Flag like Revelations was to brotherhood. Looking at the features, it just seems like "Black Flag, but smaller with some random features thrown in, because, um... new features guys!"

I really liked the hidden tomb levels in Revelations and that hook really did add a lot more mobility to the point where I really missed it's absence in the subsequent sequels. Also I know I'm in the huge minority on this but I really liked Altair a lot more as a character than Ezio. That said the story they spun for good ol' Altair was pretty bad in my opinion but on the flipside I found old-man Ezio a lot more likable than his past incarnations.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ran into an annoying Bug in AC IV PC version, that still hasn't been fixed, so no, i'll wait.

I also ran into plenty bugs in ACIII, and Splinter Cell Blacklist. My entire save file for Blacklist just vanished one day, forcing to me refinish the game, and unlock all of the multiplayer items.........i never refinished it.

I love the AC franchise, but i'll wait for the horror stories to get resolved before i plop down money.

What you mentioned about Blacklist happened to me aswell. Uplay is a horrendous client that wipes out save files out of the blue and I am not sure why. It is probably fixed as of today, but I really dislike Uplay because of this, amongst other things.

As for getting the game on release, no. I will get it someday, but not right now. Same can be said for Far Cry 4. Dragon Age: Inquisition is the only game on release I will be getting this year. And next year it's all about The Witcher 3, just thiking about that game makes me smile.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

Been watching a couple of lets plays this weekend and it looks so GD impressive. Their ability to do crowds is = to how COD pulls off the 60 FPS like its nothing. They should share those secrets because no one does it better. As for day one im still on the fence, but damn as i am on vacation this week i may do it.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Methinks I'll wait for reviews. I want to hear how big a deal this co-op stuff is. I just want a nice single-player game. I'm really not interested in being forced to play with other people so if a large chunk of the missions are co-op, I'm out.

I still playing through Black Flag so I might be a bit burned out, but then I feel like that game had a ton of stuff this game wont have an vice versa. My least favorite stuff in Black Flag is the old AC stuff so idk. I feel like Ubisoft being a French company maybe overestimates how compelling an idea the French Revolution is as a setting outside of France, but at the same time that makes me think they might conclude the story set in the future in this iteration. I have no reason to suspect this other than a general hunch, just because if all they're doing is another Eurocentric AC Brotherhood type game (albeit a pretty one) that's not super interesting. So I want to believe they're gonna really dive into the future stuff this time.

I dunno. I'm American and I think the French Revolution could be super-cool - provided that Ubi (a) actually decides to delve into the history of it on more than a superficial level and (b) lets you interact with historical figures in more than a passing way. That was why I loved AC2 - the Renaissance hadn't really been done in a game before and they managed to find a lot of places where the history was fuzzy and they could fill the gap with the story in a way that didn't mess with actual history too much. Plus, they actually made some historical figures into pretty cool characters. Leonardo essentially being Q was enjoyable and I though Borgia was a great villain in a sort of cackling, James Bond Spectre kind of way.

By comparison, one of my biggest issues with AC3 was that it felt like they did zero actual research on the American Revolution and just read the Cliff Notes instead. They ended up getting tons of shit just flat out wrong as a result. They also didn't let you get to know any of the big figures behind the Revolution. I mean, Ben Franklin is a totally cool guy and you interacted with him, what, once or twice in the entire game? And then you see a cutscene of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, followed by you magically being friends with George Washington. It was really disappointing how little you were actually allowed to be involved in events.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@goldone said:

@mrfluke said:

Any criticisms on the "game" of Revelations i wouldnt disagree with, but yes, that specific final chapter where they wrap up Ezio and Altair SO well is one of my favorite story bits in the entire series.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer: This will be the 3rd game in a row set in the 1700s, like they don't want to have to upgrade the gun mechanics beyond flintlock technology. Its not as bad as the AC2
"trilogy" but this feels modestly iterative in a different way. Or worse than that, it could be regressive. This setting basically throws a lot of the new mechanics from AC3 and 4 out of the window, but those were a lot of people's favorite things from those games. You're right, the French Revolution isnt a bad setting, I'd say, for a side game. But AC1 took place in the 11th century, these guys got to the 18th century and don't seem to want to move any further ahead in time. This game practically runs parallel to AC3 but in France. idk

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By unchained

Nah. My wife is getting it for me for xmas. I've been given orders not to buy any new games til then lol. Dragon Age: Inquisition gets a pass, though, as I pre-ordered it months ago.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll pick it up around the end of the month, or at Christmas time.