Are you getting Unity the day it comes out?

• 106 results
Avatar image for killer_meatballs
killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll Are you getting Unity the day it comes out? (169 votes)

Yes 38%
No 72%

This game looks amazing to me. The improved stealth, and parkour; and the world itself; I am very much looking forward to this game.

I couldn't get into AC3-played it for a bit, but found it boring, and didn't get AC4 when it first came out, but ended up getting it a month later and LOVED it!

So I'm just curious to see how many will get it on release day.

• 
mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I just bought Sunset Overdrive and COD: Advanced Warfare in the past two weeks that I haven't finished, plus Forza Horizon 2 and Hyrule Warriors back in October. And I have Borderlands: The Pre Sequel from Gamefly and will probably pick up Watch Dogs on Black Friday for cheap.

So, no. Because I don't want it, I don't need it, and I don't have money to buy it.

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, but more because I have a bunch of Best Buy money expiring on or around the 11th and I want to use it than me being super excited for it. I do like these games, but nothing I've seen of this one has looked particularly good.

buffaloseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Nope, but pretty much because Assassin's Creed has become a creatively bankrupt, fairly boring to play, carrot on a stick with little to no payoff for the time investment. Unless they manage to pull off something pretty dramatic, I'll have no interest in playing it.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Probably. Can someone please help me break this cycle? anyone? aghhhh

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Goldone

@humanity said:

@beyondstrange said:

@mrfluke said:

@goldone said:

@mrfluke said:

its the revelations team making this one (which i think revelations had some of the strongest story beats in the series), but just, i dunno....

Just curious, what did you like about Revelations? I found that game to be a real chore to get through and if it is the same team I'm now a lot more cautious about Unity which I was planning to pick up day one.

it was more the story of the 2 old assassins for me is why i remember that game fondly, i thought the little character moments with Ezio and his wife, and all the stuff with old Altair story-wise was excellent and some of the strongest stuff in the series.

i think its the same team, if nothing else its the same lead, Amancio was the lead on revelations and now he's leading unity.

Actually, hearing that Unity has the same lead as Revelations has increased my interest in it even more. My reasons may sound weird and confusing, but I feel that Revelations could have been a great game with more time behind it.

Revelations had an interesting setting, a cool premise in old Ezio learning about the life of Altiar, and some great story beats. Ezio's romance, the climatic battle, and the fact that even in his old age, the man could still make huge mistakes were all promising, though underdeveloped in the final product. The climatic ending sequence, the Altiar stuff, and the final chapter (outside of the Zeus part) were all fantastic to me and some of my favorite moments from the entire franchise. I also can't expressed how much I loved the artistic design of Constantinople and the sojourn to the hidden city. Plus, as the one person who loved the AC competitive multiplayer, it was vastly improved over Brotherhood.

The problem was that Revelations probably suffered the most from the desire to have a main AC game every year. It was initially announced that there would be no AC game in 2011. Then suddenly, the plot from a 3DS game was converted to this AAA console title. So, the basics were there, but the gameplay and city were too much like "Brotherhood, but smaller" and the things they added were very patchwork (bombs that were cool, but useless and a really bad tower defense mini game). Oh yeah, they also added the hook blade dealy that literally did nothing beyond "zip-lines" and "I dunno, you can climb faster, maybe?" I feel like with a year or two more of development time, Revelations could have rivaled Brotherhood in quality (also, actually revealing new things to the plot in a game called "Revelations" would have helped). Personally, I think that even with a few more years of development, AC3 would have never been great. I don't think anything would have made the plot, characters, and game play concepts from that game interesting to me.

Actually, looking at the pre-release story stuff and game play, the game does look like "what if Revelations had more development time." That would be fantastic by me.

EDIT: Oh, and I noticed many here are excited for Rogue, but I am worried that will be to Black Flag like Revelations was to brotherhood. Looking at the features, it just seems like "Black Flag, but smaller with some random features thrown in, because, um... new features guys!"

I really liked the hidden tomb levels in Revelations and that hook really did add a lot more mobility to the point where I really missed it's absence in the subsequent sequels. Also I know I'm in the huge minority on this but I really liked Altair a lot more as a character than Ezio. That said the story they spun for good ol' Altair was pretty bad in my opinion but on the flipside I found old-man Ezio a lot more likable than his past incarnations.

Honestly, that was one of my main issues with Revelations, I hated the Ezio character and to this day I don't see why people like him so much. I played and enjoyed 2 and Brotherhood in spite of Ezio. I only picked up Revelations when I heard of the Altair stuff, because like you I thought he was a better character. I did really enjoy the end of Brotherhood but that was because of the Desmond part, I was ready for Ezio to be dropped like Altair at the end of 1 and didn't need a conclusion there.

My only hope here is that Unity isn't as bad as 3.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By DoctorTran

So... Apparently the Xbone store gifted me with a copy of this and Black Flag... O_o