Favorite Moment of the Game. (Spoilers Obviously)

• 134 results
mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm not sure if this thread has been created, if so please delete this, but my favorite moment is when you go back to Rapture. As soon as I saw the bird under the water I knew where we were. The only thing that would have made that moment more awesome is if there was a tape recorder of Andrew Ryan saying something about Rapture.

After finishing the game I thought of Jeff saying you should play Bioshock for some story beats in the game and knowing what we know now I imagine Jeff really wanted to emphasize that point more.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

My favorite moment is the final combat encounter. Especially taking down the big Zepplins manually, by boarding them and disabling the core.

Wish there was much more aerial acrobatics and skyhook antics in the game. It's painfully underused.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I laughed at Jeff's pregnant pause during this week's Bombcast when Ryan asked him if the game referenced the original Bioshock.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Not sure why but in the blue ribbon if you shoot the lady she keeps saying "YOu missed." " Missed" " Missed again"

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@seppli said:

My favorite moment is the final combat encounter. Especially taking down the big Zepplins manually, by boarding them and disabling the core.

I didn't know you could board them D: that would have made things easier, I was just trying to songbird them =( I found that whole encounter so frustrating and hard and I had to redo that part about 8 times.

I near fucking shat myself in the warden's office. You know the bit I'm talking about.

Yep, I nearly fell off my chair ;_; I usually hate jump scares, but seriously, the way they set it up was perfect, I never saw that coming.

Anyway, I have to agree with visiting Rapture; even though I was 99.99% certain we were going to travel there, it still amazed me that they actually went there. Although, it made me realise how much I loved that setting - especially in comparison to Columbia.

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@seppli: Holy shit I didn't even realize you could do that in that section, and I couldn't agree more about the sky-rails being under used. The previews and marketing made it seem like they would be present in damn near every section of the game.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending left me pretty much speechless, but #1 was when you have to save Elizabeth from the asylum. I just hated everyone there so much

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: Yea. That legitimately got me. A very subtle call back to the original Bioshock.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@seppli: Holy shit I didn't even realize you could do that in that section, and I couldn't agree more about the sky-rails being under used. The previews and marketing made it seem like they would be present in damn near every section of the game.

:( Yeah, it is pretty unfortunate, they really didn't add much as they could have to the experience; also, the places you could land on whilst on the skyrails seemed very arbitrary and limited.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By ThePickle

"City underwater. Ridiculous."

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided

My current wallpaper. I immediately knew where I was and it was such a very sad moment to me, I had an incredible headrush of emotions - nostalgia, sadness, dread, awe... it was incredible.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Mine was the transportation to Rapture. Even before the game had come out, I'd guessed you would catch a half-second glimpse of Rapture through a tear or something, but they went and put you in the beginning area of BioShock. I literally yelled "HOLY FUCK YES!" when you were warped in. As a biology major, I'd always loved the original's themes of scientific experimentation without morals, and getting a little taste of that again made me very happy.

It makes me wish there'd be a patch for consoles making the combat from BioShock like 2 and Infinite, but it's probably not a good financial decision.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Hallelujah".

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It's a fuckin amazing moment, seriously, as soon as I turned round and saw the plasmid sign there was just a massive smile across my face. SO well done

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By EuanDewar

"Hallelujah".

this was also stunning, the little piano piece that plays as you descend is the perfect touch

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I didn't know you could board them D: that would have made things easier, I was just trying to songbird them =( I found that whole encounter so frustrating and hard and I had to redo that part about 8 times.

Stoked to see i'm not the only one.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I jumped to my feet and cheered when Elisabeth opened a tear to Rapture. Then I sat down and felt completely overwhelmed as the rest of the ending played out. God damn.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By redbliss

If I had to pick a favorite moment, it would be the 15 minutes or so after rescuing Elizabeth when you are walking on the beach. Just the way she moved around the world and the way she interacted with the world was very unexpected.

However, I absolutely love the first 2 hours of the game and the final 20 minutes. Best intro and ending in a video game. I probably spent an hour just walking around before the raffle just trying to see and experience everything. Also, my jaw was on the floor for the whole ending.

@euandewar said:

It's a fuckin amazing moment, seriously, as soon as I turned round and saw the plasmid sign there was just a massive smile across my face. SO well done

After looking through the glass and seeing the songbird I jokingly thought to myself, we are probably in Rapture right now. Then I turned around and did a double take. At first I thought it was just another city like Rapture, but once I saw the "Securis" door I realized it was the beginning of the first game. So good.

dooscent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I near fucking shat myself in the warden's office. You know the bit I'm talking about.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! I FOUND YOUUUU!!!!

HEY GUYS I FOUND HIIIIIIM!

I jumped when it happened. Snuck through the entire thing prior.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Same as a lot of people, revisiting Rapture was my favorite moment. I felt like an idiot sitting alone in my room smiling while walking towards the bathysphere, and then my smile went away as shit got real :(

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think the whole reveal through the ending of what actually is going on is my favorite thing.

One of the best endings ive seen in a game ever, it is pure genius

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24  Edited By Sooperspy

Being transported to Rapture was my favorite moment. At first I didn't even know I was in Rapture. I kept watching as the Songbird was dying, I just thought it was in a aquarium or something. Then it floated away and I saw the outside of Rapture and I turned around, seeing the stairs leading up to the shock plasmid. It instantly put a huge smile on my face. I loved that part so fucking much.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrHadouken

I have to say my favorite part is the part that put me head over hills in love with the game, when you first enter Shanty Town and make your way to the Bars basement. I though to myself hmmm a guitar?!?! and walked over and played it then Elizabeth starts singing, to me that was a fucking sublime moment in gaming for me!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My arm mouse hand spazzed out and I let out a startled "wuhhhH!" haha. That moment totally got me.

I would have to say that my favorite part would have to be toward the beginning when you escape to the beach with Elizabeth. It's one of the few moments where you see her happy, especially when you find her dancing. It put a smile on my face. Such a great character.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By retrovirus

I have to say my favorite part is the part that put me head over hills in love with the game, when you first enter Shanty Town and make your way to the Bars basement. I though to myself hmmm a guitar?!?! and walked over and played it then Elizabeth starts singing, to me that was a fucking sublime moment in gaming for me!

That guitar moment is probably my second favorite part. So much emotion and, in hindsight based on the lyrics, foreshadowing in one simple scene.

hargrimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By hargrimm

@mrhadouken said:

That guitar moment is probably my second favorite part. So much emotion and, in hindsight based on the lyrics, foreshadowing in one simple scene.

This was actually elevated to my favorite part retrospectively. If you look in the credits, they list each music piece's performers, and for that song, not only did Elizabeth's VA do the singing, but Troy Baker (Booker's VA) actually played the guitar for the recording! I just though that was so cool, and really reflective of the care that got put into every aspect of this game.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I really enjoyed the initial fight outside the police station. It was this beautiful chaos as I was listening to a Voxophone by a man recounting this personal story of trying to get revenge against Comstock and basically getting a child's legs broken for it, while this fucking insanity was going on all around me. I was swinging around, leaping on dudes, letting my crows run amok while I grabbed weapons and shot everything up, Elizabeth making turrets and crates alongside me. I really felt like in that moment all of these crazy game mechanics really came together.

Like everyone else, the one-two punch of Songbird's death and Rapture's reveal was emotionally devastating to me, but I do think there's something special about capturing some magic purely through the game's mechanics.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I liked a lot of moments throughout the game but going back to Rapture wins over the whole beach scene by a small margin. How can that not win?

I must give the beach its due, though - not many first person shooters can make a moment look truly happy.

Also, I don't know if it was this way on the console version but I thought the way Elizabeth's dress moved was impressive. Think about clothe in most other games - you don't have much of it that flows and sways along with wind and movement in a way that looks pretty real. Her whole character reminds me of a Disney Princess if Disney ever made an R-rated cartoon. I doubt that was accidental.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@seppli said:

Huh. That would have been VERY helpful to have known for that part, especially on Hard. Smacking myself on the forehead now.

I actually managed not to jump at this. I KNEW something like that had to be coming, after the jump from the first game. Made me laugh more than anything else.

As for my favorite part, I don't think I can choose one. It all works so well together that I can't bear to pick one piece out over all the rest. Maybe after a second playthrough something will jump out at me, but nothing in particular comes to mind right now.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The whole endings sequence, while not the jaw on the floor moment that I heard it would be, was easily my favorite part. More than surprise me, it made me sit back and reflect on the entire game, and then slowly have my mind blown through a series of revelations after the credits rolled.

Then I went back and watched the whole thing three more times and ranted and raved to my friends and family about how this game is one of the best delivered stories in all of gaming. Seriously. Instant classic status. I didn't even like the original Bioshock, so the fact I am so enthusiastic about this is surprising to me, but easily the best mindfuck I've had in a game this side of 999.

Early game of the year contender.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked walking around Battleship Bay and realizing Girls Just Want to Have Fun was playing.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Finishing it, and then realizing how many things that seemed confusing or pointless at first turned out to have a lot of meaning.

That ending was nuts man. I loved it.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By golguin

@encephalon said:

I jumped to my feet and cheered when Elisabeth opened a tear to Rapture. Then I sat down and felt completely overwhelmed as the rest of the ending played out. God damn.

As soon as I saw Songbird in the water I realized that she had finally opened up the universe of Rapture. When I saw all the lighthouses I immediately yelled, "They went full multiverse!" I am always super fascinated by stuff I see on PBS, BBC, Discovery Channel, etc. that has to do with String Theory and other similar theories that require a multiverse to work.

amlabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Surprised no one has mentioned the barbershop quartet on the airship at the beginning of the game. "God Only Knows" is one of my all-time favorite songs and that version was awesome.

But I'll have to echo many others here for my actual favorite moment: revisiting Rapture. The whole ending is fantastic but I had a huge smile across my face during that reveal, executed so well by the Irrational Games team.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@dudeglove: I screamed like a girl then unloaded a full carbine clip and 4 shotties until it was dead.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the last twenty seconds or so of the game. On-par with Spec Ops: The Line for my favorite dramatic reveals.

Yup. Just as I was thinking I was safe, too. Had to take a break immediately thereafter. I was playing that section in the middle of the night with the lights off, completely absorbed in the game and man did it get me good.

Aelric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The entire first half-hour, and every time I heard an 80's hit sung in an oldtimey way. Tainted Love and the Instrumental Cindy Lauper were two amazingly shocked moments because it was a slow realization.

Avatar image for royalewifcheese
RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Columbia Raffle scene always gives me chills. The voice acting in this bit really sells the whole scene. One of those incredibly mature moments that really makes me feel like this medium is growing up and talking about real problems.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ripelivejam

-first 45ish minutes

-barbershop god only knows

-the first oh so fucking satisfying kill with the skyhook (and that sharp crescendo of strings, omfg)

-first seeing elizabeth in the chambers (creepy as it was)

-escape sequence with songbird (even though it was, literally, on rails)

-fortunate son a-capella

-last fight (felt like everything finally got fully realized combat-wise, imo)

-RAPTURE

-getting the dark tower vibe from the infinite lighthouses sending a shiver down my spine

-graveyard battle against ghost lady comstock (oh wait i mean things i DESPISED but was completely willing to forgive. i think it cost the middle button of my mouse when i slammed it down once though. :| )

sorry, there were too many moments.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#42  Edited By StarvingGamer

Pulling the plug on Elizabeth and cinching up her corset. That's when most everything clicked into place for me.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

The part where you pick up the guitar.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By pyrodactyl

The whole ending sequence would be the obvious answer. So I'm going to say the part when I wasted the scientists at the end of the asylum. The shotgun shell they took to the gut was well deserved. The entire asylum part built a bunch of rage toward the ones responsible for the things that happened in that place and it all came out when I stumbled across those assholes beside the generator switchs.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOTHERFUCKING RAPTURE

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pyrodactyl

I liked walking around Battleship Bay and realizing Girls Just Want to Have Fun was playing.

oh shit. The part later in the game makes a lot more sense now

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The beach.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@yanngc33 said:

The part where you pick up the guitar.

I agree. And the fact it's not some achievement or anything somehow made it all the more satisfying to me.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I actually don't know what you're talking about, can you elaborate? I don't know how I don't know, everyone seems to have reacted strongly.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers