I hate to be that guy, but, does it get better?

• 73 results
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sooty

Just got to monument island, as lovely as the game looks, the combat is getting pretty dry for me already, this is pre-Elizabeth though so does that change things up a lot?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@sooty: The whole game revolves around Elizabeth.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Tarsier

no it doesnt , its not your kind of game, break the disc and throw it in the garbage

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TruthTellah

http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_images/60302963/JaeBetterPoster-small.jpg

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/219/e/2/it_gets_better_by_snappmobile-d45scw5.png

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I wonder what leads people to play the first hour of a game and then go to a forum thread and post something about it? How did these people play games when there was no Internet or no forums?

paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wonder what leads people to play the first hour of a game and then go to a forum thread and post something about it? How did these people play games when there was no Internet or no forums?

What this guy said

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same thing that leads movie producers to say they have to have a major action scene within the first 18 minutes of a movie to keep people interested?

We live in an impatient time where people want to be wowed from the first moment; otherwise, they just seem disappointed.

Fortunately, in this case, I think people will push through and find a great time.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: I don't think that is the case. There are plenty of games out there with slow starts and people play them. And I'm sure Infinite is not that case anyway.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

You love to be that guy

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winternet: Well I just started watching the 6th Sense guys and I'm 15 minutes in - and I don't want to be the guy but does it get any better he's JUST walking around whats the big deal??

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sooty

I'm not impatient. I'm just not gripped and I'm hoping it gets better as it makes me more enthusiastic about jumping back in, right now I'm back on StarCraft instead.

@tarsier said:

no it doesnt , its not your kind of game, break the disc and throw it in the garbage

I'm playing it on PC so that option is out the window, this version has some issues too, there's some very weird stuttering at times for no apparent reason, otherwise it looks and runs great.

Not sure what's up with the mouse either, it's either too sensitive or too restrictive.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: I don't think that is the case. There are plenty of games out there with slow starts and people play them. And I'm sure Infinite is not that case anyway.

Well, it just depends on how the game is paced for hooking someone. It seems like Bioshock Infinite has maybe a slightly longer time to grab someone than the first moment grasp that was Bioshock 1. It's hard to explain, but I can understand why someone might still need a little time, especially if they haven't gotten to Elizabeth yet.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

I'm not impatient. I'm just not gripped and I'm hoping it gets better as it makes me more enthusiastic about jumping back in, right now I'm back on StarCraft instead.

I think that's more to StarCraft's credit than anything else. ha.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sooty

@winternet said:

Well, it just depends on how the game is paced for hooking someone. It seems like Bioshock Infinite has maybe a slightly longer time to grab someone than the first moment grasp that was Bioshock 1. It's hard to explain, but I can understand why someone might still need a little time, especially if they haven't gotten to Elizabeth yet.

For me I'm just immediately feeling fatigued by the combat, maybe I should have waited a longer time before jumping back into an FPS. Hope it picks up and alleviates some of that.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: The 6th sense is an ok movie, a decent movie at best, so there's that. I don't know if it gets that much better.

@truthtellah: Hey, I haven't started to play the game, so I really don't know, but from all the things that I've read out there, Elizabeth is the thing on Infinite so it can't be much until you get to her.

Johnnboy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When u brake Elizabeth out that a awesome action sequence then the way she interacts with u is realy good keep playing

I'm playing at lower setting on my laptop and it still is look fantastic

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

@truthtellah said:

@winternet said:

For me I'm just immediately feeling fatigued by the combat, maybe I should have waited a longer time before jumping back into an FPS. Hope it picks up and alleviates some of that.

Yeah, just give it time. From what I've seen, it does pick up once you get Elizabeth. :)

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winternet: Yeah, it really isn't far in. It's just not boom, bam, right that first moment. That's what I mean. Just gotta give it a little bit more.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Winternet

@truthtellah: You mean, keep playing and not going to a forum and make a thread about it? I'm with you ;)

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TruthTellah

@winternet: Exactly. (though, I don't want to be too harsh on ol Sooty. heh)

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: You mean, keep playing and not going to a forum and make a thread about it? I'm with you ;)

I didn't stop mid-play and come here to ask instead of continuing. I just have limited time and other games I'm enjoying so if people say it gets a lot better I'm more enthusiastic about booting it back up.

First impressions do count, especially when other games are begging for attention. (among other things!)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Humanity

@winternet: Well joke is on you because I actually saw the 6th Sense and it's a really good movie.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty: heh. Don't worry about it, sooty. You just play it at your own pace!

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bell_End

@

@sooty said:

@winternet said:

I didn't stop mid-play and come here to ask instead of continuing. I just have limited time and other games I'm enjoying so if people say it gets a lot better I'm more enthusiastic about booting it back up.

First impressions do count, especially when other games are begging for attention. (among other things!)

what was you expecting people to say? 'no, its shit, bin it'?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Humanity

@bell_end: If reviews are any indication then I'd say it's not really worth it man

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bell_end said:

@

@sooty said:

@winternet said:

This is what you should do with your precious BioSuck Infinity!

http://i.imgur.com/MPN0S.gif

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@sooty said:

@truthtellah said:

@winternet said:

This is not really a FPS. It's more of a one, two, three punch type of game; magic, shoot and or action prompt melee. Get in there and fuck some shit up.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Humanity

@winternet: It's ok duder, good taste in movies is highly subjective anyway.

On the other hand, Bioshock Infinite, pretty pretty good.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@humanity said:

@sooty: The whole game revolves around Elizabeth.

Barely 20 mins after meeting her and I love her.

Im recovering from drowning and she hears music and the joy of a child spreads across her face.

Lanceuppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bell_end said:

@

@sooty said:

@winternet said:

Yeah! Take that Biodegradable unlimited! I bought this game just so I could say it's not very good after playing a miniscule amount of it!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TruthTellah

@supamon said:

@truthtellah said:

@bell_end said:

@

@sooty said:

@winternet said:

Yeah! Take that Biodegradable unlimited! I bought this game just so I could say it's not very good after playing a miniscule amount of it!

I was playing for a few hours and still hadn't seen Elizabeth in a bikini; so I showed Björn-shock 3 Ultimate who's boss!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lufiy2g2oK1qfbz1so1_500.gif

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Boy that escalated quickly.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an FPS. Of course the combat feels dry.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you play Bioshock ? and did you like it ?

My experience so far is that they pretty much made the same game. As someone who found Bioshock sorta middling I have the exact same problems with this one.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcghee said:

why does FPS equal dry?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bell_end said:

@mcghee said:

why does FPS equal dry?

Why don't I like broccoli?

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcghee said:

@bell_end said:

@mcghee said:

why does FPS equal dry?

Why don't I like broccoli?

but if you don't like broccoli you wouldn't go out and buy a broccoli sandwich on the day it came out have a bite and then post on the internet asking whether the sandwich gets any better.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did find the first hour and a half to be rather weak, apart from that jaw dropping intro. It felt like Call of Duty with an art style, which was worrying to say the least.

It gets better once you get to Elizabeth, and it gets outstanding when you get to gunfights involving skylines. That shit is just fun as hell.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Humanity
YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I long ago stopped believing anyone who says "I hate to <do the thing I'm about to do>". I might be weird, but I don't frequently do things I hate.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: You have a ton of GIFs at your fingertips just waiting to be used don't you?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MikkaQ

You love to be that guy

I was gonna say, he's always that guy.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, as others have said, I don't think you've ever not been that guy.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#49  Edited By spiceninja

*sigh*

Glic2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Glic2000

Well, for whatever it's worth, I was thinking the exact same thing during the first couple of hours. This game gets off to a very slow start.

Am I the only who who's completely bored with having to loot a container every ten seconds?

And what is with the constant tutorial text? "Hey dumbass, you've been crouching for 5 seconds, press CTRL to stop crouching."