#7701 Posted by SgtSphynx (942 posts) -

That *New tag on the podcasts is teasing me, luckily I have a Jar Time to tide me over while I wait.

#7702 Posted by ripelivejam (2790 posts) -

YOU LIVE FOR THE BOMBCAST AND YOU KNOW IT

i do :'(

#7703 Edited by Demoskinos (13856 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

@teenagejesussuperstar said:

Brad just finished up his live stream to go record the bombcast so it's going to be a preeeeetty late one.

Wait... what live stream do you speak of?

The "FatherMother Funtimes" stream. Rich Gallup posited that it was Brad playing games with his family; I think it's just him playing Zeno Clash.

Well damn missed that. I've been deep down my Dragon's Dogma hole all day long.

#7704 Edited by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -
#7705 Edited by MasturbatingestBear (1174 posts) -

@jjor64 said:

Board? Watch Cosmo Wright finish his Speed Run up of The Wind Waker. He is on track to getting the World Record.

http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright

WHAT? I saw the beginning of that run on SRL and he had positive splits. Hes like 3 min away from getting the record again.

Edit: and he just got it, new record is 4:36:36

#7706 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

@jjor64 said:

Board? Watch Cosmo Wright finish his Speed Run up of The Wind Waker. He is on track to getting the World Record.

WHAT? I saw the beginning of that run on SRL and he had positive splits. Hes like 3 min away from getting the record again.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

#7707 Edited by casper_ (882 posts) -

i predict eve online/iceland will dominate 1/3 of this bombcast's conversation.

#7708 Edited by FCDRandy (207 posts) -

I'm watitng so hard right now

#7709 Posted by BBQBram (2165 posts) -

@jjor64 said:

That guy knows his shit.

#7710 Edited by ShadowConqueror (2993 posts) -
#7711 Edited by BBQBram (2165 posts) -

Come on now guys. I need something to listen to while I make dinner.

#7712 Edited by wrecks (2125 posts) -

#7713 Edited by ripelivejam (2790 posts) -

I WILL MURDER SOME PARAMECIUM

#7714 Edited by Nodima (944 posts) -

You know, if you do the math on the average length of a Bombcast, they either just finished recording or were done within the last 20-40 minutes. I tend to wait until the next day anyway, but for some reason I'm hoping there's GTA talk on here in some form.

#7715 Edited by Chapelzero (31 posts) -
#7716 Edited by gla55jAw (2682 posts) -

Don't they know I'm about to work out!

#7717 Posted by FCDRandy (207 posts) -

THE LATEST OF CASTS

#7718 Posted by Sgtpierceface (588 posts) -

@chapelzero: Brad's looking pretty good for a 60 year old!

#7719 Edited by Rafaelfc (1283 posts) -

I've sacrificed my soul a bunch already, and still i'm left watitng...

#7720 Edited by MasturbatingestBear (1174 posts) -

@bbqbram said:

@masturbatingestbear said:

@jjor64 said:

That guy knows his shit.

The dude beat Commander Keen in like 5 minutes while the credits were rolling. What an animal.

#7721 Posted by Brendan (7514 posts) -

I had surgery this morning and have nothing else to do. Bombcast, save me!

#7722 Edited by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -
#7723 Posted by Demoskinos (13856 posts) -

@bbqbram said:

@jjor64 said:

That guy knows his shit.

The dude beat Commander Keen in like 5 minutes while the credits were rolling. What an animal.

Oh man nice.... so it was a full on legit run and not one of his glitched out crazy any % runs?

#7724 Edited by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

@bbqbram said:

@jjor64 said:

That guy knows his shit.

Oh man nice.... so it was a full on legit run and not one of his glitched out crazy any % runs?

Wind Waker run has glitches. Commander Keen at a few as well I believe.

#7725 Posted by Nhoj_Sllew (158 posts) -

which commander keen? goodbye galaxy?

#7726 Posted by Stonyman65 (2406 posts) -

@nodima said:

You know, if you do the math on the average length of a Bombcast, they either just finished recording or were done within the last 20-40 minutes. I tend to wait until the next day anyway, but for some reason I'm hoping there's GTA talk on here in some form.

They usually record the bombcast on Monday. Ryan then edits it on Tuesday. I'm not sure if that is how they still do it now, but that's what they did since the beginning.

So, in other words, the bombcast was done yesterday.

#7727 Edited by HerbieBug (3841 posts) -

Sequence breaks (glitches) are a big part of speed running. If the sequence break makes such a huge difference to the game that using it makes it almost like playing a different game entirely, speed running community will split the runs into a couple categories. Lots of people run Ocarina of Time 100% because the any% is... well, you're not really playing Zelda, perse, when you go for the 20 minute any%. :D

Wind Waker any% has some glitches and sequence breaks but it's still a solid multi-hour run.

#7728 Posted by Fawkes (209 posts) -

If it was done yesterday then it'd be a three man cast with Brad, Jeff, and Vinny.

#7729 Edited by Ted_Mosby (72 posts) -

@nodima said:

They usually record the bombcast on Monday. Ryan then edits it on Tuesday. I'm not sure if that is how they still do it now, but that's what they did since the beginning.

Well everybody was out yesterday, right? So they'd probably record it today. Plus, I think Patrick came back today so they'd want him on for sure.

#7730 Posted by Marokai (2636 posts) -

@stonyman65 said:

@nodima said:

I would bet quite a lot of money that recording was deliberately delayed for Patrick's sake.

#7731 Edited by ch3burashka (4902 posts) -

Fun fact: Brad is an immortal, moving from place to place every 20 years or so, when his colleagues start to notice that he doesn't age.

Which the the plot of The Man From Earth, by the way. Looks like it was shot on a 50 dollar budget, but it's good.

#7732 Posted by Stonyman65 (2406 posts) -

@stonyman65 said:

@nodima said:

Well everybody was out yesterday, right? So they'd probably record it today. Plus, I think Patrick came back today so they'd want him on for sure.

@marokai said:

@stonyman65 said:

@nodima said:

I would bet quite a lot of money that recording was deliberately delayed for Patrick's sake.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That makes sense. Never mind.

#7733 Edited by Nodima (944 posts) -

@stonyman65 Yea, I know the deal. I'm just saying, I think we've got a different dealer this week. It's not Texas, it's Omaha. And I live in Omaha, so I get it intuitively.

Besides, as others said, Brad did an impromptu stream today that he ended to go record the podcast, and as of my post that was ~3 hours prior, hence my guessing they were just wrapping or recently finished (pre-mixing).

#7734 Edited by Sgtpierceface (588 posts) -

I feel the need to point just how creepy/gross the picture on last week's podcast is. Ugh...

P.S. The new image for the bombcast is on iTunes now.

#7735 Edited by Demoskinos (13856 posts) -

I feel the need to point just how creepy/gross the picture on last week's podcast is. Ugh...

P.S. The new image for the bombcast is on iTunes now.

Did it even actually tie into anything I forget...

#7736 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1212 posts) -

This must be the universe correcting itself after last week's early episode

#7737 Posted by scottp (227 posts) -

@wrecks: Just watched that whole video and I hate myself...

#7738 Posted by scottp (227 posts) -

#7739 Posted by ripelivejam (2790 posts) -

where's my spy camera?

#7740 Edited by Sgtpierceface (588 posts) -

@demoskinos: Yea, Jeff talked about how much he hates neti pots, and Ryan said he like them. Personally, I think they look fucking gross.

#7741 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

#7742 Posted by Nodima (944 posts) -

@demoskinos: The picture is the tea Ryan was talking about using for his nose. That slaughters Jeff every time he's tried it.

#7743 Posted by jkz (3956 posts) -

@scottp said:

@wrecks: Just watched that whole video and I hate myself...

You have no idea how many times I've braved that wasteland. And because I was reminded by this thread I decided to give it a couple more go's. God damn it

#7744 Posted by ajkent (34 posts) -

I know this isn't too late, but last weeks earlycast has spoiled all of us.

#7745 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4029 posts) -
#7746 Posted by ripelivejam (2790 posts) -

@fcdrandy said:

I'm wanking so hard right now

:\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#7747 Edited by Dudeguy_Mandude (6 posts) -

Ryan tweeted, I assume that means recording is over at least.

#7748 Posted by Dudeguy_Mandude (6 posts) -

ITS UP

#7749 Posted by jeffrud (378 posts) -

Don't worry guys, there's always yesterday's Behind the Screened Door. Oh wait...

#7750 Edited by BBQBram (2165 posts) -

@sgtpierceface said:

Fun fact: Brad is an immortal, moving from place to place every 20 years or so, when his colleagues start to notice that he doesn't age.

Which the the plot of The Man From Earth, by the way. Looks like it was shot on a 50 dollar budget, but it's good.

I thought that movie had some great ideas but the execution was awful. Like you mention it looks cheap, which I would overlook if it wasn't for the hamfisted script and mediocre, awkward acting. Movies like that shouldn't pander to the audience as much as that one did with its neat little answers. Everyone accepts his spiel way too fast just because it's theoretically sound and they're intellectuals/academics, but their normalcy bias should have kicked in and caused them to dismiss him or freak the fuck out. It's so transparently obvious that someone had a cool notion and then forced a half-assed fiction around it. Don't recommend it, except as a lesson on how not to do cerebral, dialogue driven movies.