Embarrassing annoyance

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's not a real problem, I'm not even really bothered about it but it'still a bit annoying.

I listen to the bombcast on the bus every week, and since the bus is full of noise (kids with terrible music etc...), I turn the bombcast up to the highest volume on my iPod, which still really isn't that loud.

So it's all good, sitting on the bus enjoying the bombcast at normal sounds levels, until they come to the end of the podcast. The music is REALLY loud lol, and so people can hear it when it comes on and it sounds like some really bad techno song lol. I quickly wip the iPod out to turn it down...

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

Don't be hating on the tune. It's brilliant.

It's nothing like techno. I hope you're not worried about what people think of your music taste. ;)

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Megalon

Ha, yeah the music is slightly too loud-ish. When I play it at work I usually try to quickly turn it down to avoid schenanagins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

get2sammyb said:
"Don't be hating on the tune. It's brilliant.
I like the tune lol, but I'm saying the people who have never heard of Giantbomb would think it's weird haha
"When I play it at work I usually try to quickly turn it down to avoid schenanagins."
Exactly.
Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Keeng

I agree that it's loud but I like it so screw other people. That and my headphones don't get loud enough for other people to hear them so when I'm on the bus, I usually can't even hear the Bombcast.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Keyser_Soze

BRING BACK THE "BREAK" MUSIC!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By get2sammyb
Keyser_Soze said:
"BRING BACK THE "BREAK" MUSIC!"
Agreed.

The problem is, human voices only fill a certain dynamic range, no matter how you compress and produce them a mix of several instruments is always going to be louder and brighter. I guess they could just drop the volume a teensy bit to compensate but - the Bombcast is actually really well produced. I'm glad Ryan learned how to compress audio and stuff. It's one of the biggest problems with amateur podcasts.
ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ManlyBeast
lol yeah the music is gay man.
whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By whyzenheimer

I don't mind the music at all, but since I go to sleep to it I will agree that the break song and ending theme are both incredibly loud.  I know it's a common problem with a lot of media, but please drop the volume level if you can guys.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By carlthenimrod

If you are worried about other people hearing it then you should invest in some in-ear headphones.

They are awesome and block all outside noise, plus nobody around you can hear it. So you can blast away.

Mattalorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Mattalorian

I listen to game soundtracks, so I'm not really concerned about what others think of my musical taste.
More on topic, I can agree with you that the ending theme is slightly too loud. Though, I don't really see the point of an ending theme in the first place.
A few thoughts.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12  Edited By the8bitNacho
ManlyBeast said:
"lol yeah the music is gay man. "
Maybe if you spend your Saturday afternoons jamming to Linkin Park.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By subject2change

It seriously is just bad audio levels and i've commented on videos and stuff before about how their levels are OFF quite frequently. I mainly visit GB at work while I am on Final Cut editing station that is hooked up to VU meters through a Decklink board so I am often looking at the levels on that. The microphone levels just need to be raised significantly so they are balanced or simply just lower down all the music a bit. For me its just annoying hearing that audio spike.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By natetodamax

I love the music. I literally smile when I hear it upon starting a new podcast.

Ransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ransom

"Many will say to me in that day, Jeff, Jeff, have we not listened to thy bombcast? and in thy name have cast out fanboys? and in thy name watched many an endurance run? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that are ashamed of my bombcast."

Book of the Bombcast 7:22-23 as spoken by Jeff Gerstmann the prophet