• 70 results
austinmiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By austinmiller

This may seem like an impossible count but I would like everyone who signed up for a subscription to post that they have done so so we can keep an accurate count.  This may seems difficult but I want the post count to reflect the amount of members.  This can only happen if everyone who has signed up only leaves one comment.  Ryan says that we have 2500, so I am hoping for at least 2500 posts which sounds crazy I know. 

So without further ado, reply to this topic with the word "Me"

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Someone's full of himself. 

hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hondorondo

i didnt sign up...am i still allowed to use this topic?

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Mrnitropb
@hondorondo said:
" i didnt sign up...am i still allowed to use this topic? "
no.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Brendan

Lol well the point of the topic is already kind of moot, but...heyo!
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Gizmo

rah rah fight the powah

hershey07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By hershey07

Me!?

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Brians

my?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan

You know, I think I might not pay just because I don't like that medal dealy that subscribers have. It sort of blocks a small fraction of the bottom of user pics. 

hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hondorondo
@Mrnitropb said:
" @hondorondo said:
" i didnt sign up...am i still allowed to use this topic? "
no. "
That sucks..... the subscriber  non-sub class separation is more real than I thought.... it sucks to be poor or greedy..
priorityseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By priorityseven

This thread doesn't really serve a purpose.  Knock off all the motherfuckery, fellas.

SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By SgtReznor

LOWER CLASS UPRISING!

Helushune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Helushune

OHai! 

Also, @SgtReznor: Is that freaking Jazz Jackrabbit?  Amazing.
whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By whitesox

It wouldn't surprise me if the limit has been reached, and we just haven't been informed.  If holding half of the bombcast hostage isn't below them (which I had been lead to believe it was, I guess when money is on the table people change quickly), then not telling us when they hit the limit to keep us in a subscribing frenzy, or just telling us they hit 5,000 anyway and were never planning on taking it away, isn't above them either.

I refuse to subscribe based on principle.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman
@whitesox said:

" It wouldn't surprise me if the limit has been reached, and we just haven't been informed.  If holding half of the bombcast hostage isn't below them (which I had been lead to believe it was, I guess when money is on the table people change quickly), then not telling us when they hit the limit to keep us in a subscribing frenzy, or just telling us they hit 5,000 anyway and were never planning on taking it away, isn't above them either.  I refuse to subscribe based on principle. "

Unreasonably cynical, much?
Sorrowsan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sorrowsan

me. this is pointless :D
Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@JJWeatherman said:
" @whitesox said:

" It wouldn't surprise me if the limit has been reached, and we just haven't been informed.  If holding half of the bombcast hostage isn't below them (which I had been lead to believe it was, I guess when money is on the table people change quickly), then not telling us when they hit the limit to keep us in a subscribing frenzy, or just telling us they hit 5,000 anyway and were never planning on taking it away, isn't above them either.  I refuse to subscribe based on principle. "

Unreasonably cynical, much? "
Very. And this is coming from a guy who completely disagrees with the split.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By ArchScabby

I'm posting with an account.  IN YOUR FACE!

whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By whitesox
@Manhattan_Project said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @whitesox said:

Very. And this is coming from a guy who completely disagrees with the split. "
Call me cynical if you will, but I seriously would not be surprised at this point.  It's a shame.
WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By WickedCestus

I'm working on it! Probably tomorrow!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By ajamafalous
@whitesox said:
" @Manhattan_Project said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @whitesox said:

Call me cynical if you will, but I seriously would not be surprised at this point.  It's a shame. "
I hate to say it, but I agree.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is without a doubt the worst idea I've ever heard of.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By JJWeatherman
@ajamafalous said:

" @whitesox said:

" @JJWeatherman said:
" @whitesox said:

Call me cynical if you will, but I seriously would not be surprised at this point.  It's a shame. "
I hate to say it, but I agree. "
Really? Listen to this and tell me they don't sound sincere. 

(Of course they don't talk about the 5,000 member thing as it wasn't established yet, but I just mean overall. They're good people.)
Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermike6: Try to do it in the morning!! We are so close!!
Avatar image for williamrlbaker@
williamrlbaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By williamrlbaker

I wont be subscriber till my giantbomb issue and till I decide its worth it.

LordCrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By LordCrom

<- This guy.
whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By whitesox
@JJWeatherman said:

" @ajamafalous said:

" @whitesox said:

" @JJWeatherman said:
" @whitesox said:

Really? Listen to this and tell me they don't sound sincere.  (Of course they don't talk about the 5,000 member thing as it wasn't established yet, but I just mean overall. They're good people.) "
They have said that the non member site would not be changed.  Removing half of the immediacy of the bombcast is changingthe site.  Maybe that is why I see this whole thing as a farce.  I don't care if they sound sincere or not, this is wrong.  And if you can't see that, then I don't know what to say.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ajamafalous
@JJWeatherman said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" @whitesox said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @whitesox said:

Really? Listen to this and tell me they don't sound sincere. "
I listened to it last night when it went up. Even if they are being sincere (who knows at this point), it doesn't change the fact that we were lied to. 

I was honestly ready to subscribe when the subs launched (hell, I was ready to donate before that), but the lying about the Bombcast turned me off completely. My trust and good will toward GB and Whiskey went out the window, and I feel more betrayed than anything else.  

I refuse to subscribe unless the Bombcast goes unchanged out of principle.
BD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By BD
@whitesox said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

" @ajamafalous said:

" @whitesox said:

" @JJWeatherman said:
" @whitesox said:

Really? Listen to this and tell me they don't sound sincere.  (Of course they don't talk about the 5,000 member thing as it wasn't established yet, but I just mean overall. They're good people.) "
They have said that the non member site would not be changed.  Removing half of the bombcast is changingthe site.  Maybe that is why I see this whole thing as a farce.  I don't care if they sound sincere or not, this is wrong.  And if you can't see that, then I don't know what to say. "
I really disagree with all the podcast stuff and hope they change it, but really if all they do make a new itunes feed I will post the link myself for everyone. I doubt the really put some kind of lock on the content.
whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By whitesox
@BD said:
" @whitesox said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @ajamafalous said:

" @whitesox said:

" @JJWeatherman said:
" @whitesox said:

They have said that the non member site would not be changed.  Removing half of the bombcast is changingthe site.  Maybe that is why I see this whole thing as a farce.  I don't care if they sound sincere or not, this is wrong.  And if you can't see that, then I don't know what to say. "
I really disagree with all the podcast stuff and hope they change it, but really if all they do make a new itunes feed I will post the link myself for everyone. "
Would that be legal?  I'm sure I'll be able to find them somewhere on the internet, but it would be great if someone could post them here.
Metl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Metl

I support irresponsible shenanigans with my money.  I am an enabler.

That is all.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By MikeFightNight

I wish I had one of those cool emblems signifying I was a paid member;(

Oh snap, I do!

omghisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By omghisam

:D

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By DanielJW
@whitesox: @ajamafalous: From Dave Snider's blog;  

The site as you see it right now will remain  largely unchanged.

Nobody lied. 
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By tebbit
@JJWeatherman said:

" @whitesox said:

No way maaan, Giant Bomb is always trying to screw us over! Remember? All those times? In the past? Those times where they did something that was bad? 

All those times? 

Edit: Not that I'm defending the podcast split...
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ajamafalous
@DanielJW said:
" @whitesox: @ajamafalous: From Dave Snider's blog;  

The site as you see it right now will remain  largely unchanged.

Nobody lied.  "
We can argue semantics forever; what matters is that people feel lied to, and that caused a ton of bad blood.
whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By whitesox
@Tebbit said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @whitesox said:

No way maaan, Giant Bomb is always trying to screw us over! Remember? All those times? In the past? Those times where they did something that was bad?  All those times? "
Really?  Did I say anything, anything at all about Whiskey Media constantly screwing us over? 

How about instead of me trying to prove my case to you, why don't you tell me why this is is not totally fucked?
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By tebbit
@whitesox: I'm just saying that we should give them the benefit of the doubt, because since this website began Whiskey Media has been trying to do right by us. Yes, I think the Bombcast thing is a bad idea, but I also think that they've earned the right to make a misstep without the community brutalising them. I just don't think they're the kind of guys to deviously misinform us.
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#39  Edited By Sooperspy

Nope

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#40  Edited By LordAndrew

You expect everyone who subscribed to post in here? Ain't gonna happen. There are probably subscribers who have never posted anything; why would they start with this thread?

marcTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By marcTG

me !
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#42  Edited By LordAndrew
@whitesox said:
"Would that be legal? "
Of course it's legal. That doesn't mean it will be tolerated though.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Coombs

I think this thread is broken..... 

Quick, Lets fix it

whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By whitesox
@Tebbit said:
" @whitesox: I'm just saying that we should give them the benefit of the doubt, because since this website began Whiskey Media has been trying to do right by us. Yes, I think the Bombcast thing is a bad idea, but I also think that they've earned the right to make a misstep without the community brutalising them. I just don't think they're the kind of guys to deviously misinform us. "
I previously thought the same.  But listening to that podcast they put up, which seemed like it was there to soften the blow, and advertise their subscription service is just wrong.  As soon as I heard that, and then right after hear them talk about how they want to add content, not take it away, be inclusive not exclusive, make the site better not worse, right after they just outlined a feature they were taking from non paying users! 

Am I brutalizing them?  No, I just refuse to pay their fee.  I will not support their lies (yes, saying you won't do something and then doing it is a lie).  

I have always loved these guys and the way they carry themselves.  It's a damn shame they have decided on this course of action, but money talks, no matter how much they try to come off as sincere regular guys, they are still looking to make money.

I lost even more respect for them listening to Ryan preach on the BLLSL today, I felt like I was watching PBS.  

One last thing, on the podcast they talk about how a lot of their members just want to support them.  So why go and butcher an integral part of this website's experience?  They totally just gloss over the bombcast changes, try to soften the blow, and then talk about how they all want to make add stuff for members, not take away from non members.  It's despicable.
joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Me.

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By blazerx9x

i`m broke

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ArcLyte

there's no fucking way in hell that i'd pay $50 a year to use a website.

whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By whitesox
@LordAndrew said:
" @whitesox said:
"Would that be legal? "
Of course it's legal. That doesn't mean it will be tolerated though. "
I don't know, if you are supposed to pay for it, and are circumventing whatever messed up plan they have in place, it just comes off as something not legal to me, but I'm no lawyer.
PlatinumIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PlatinumIce

I dropped five bucks on the month, but only for the Bombcast. Let me be clear: I think this whole subscription service is a dirty cash grab, and I hate it. Don't get me wrong, I love the site, and I originally loved the idea of a subscription service, but this whole thing with the Bombcast being held "hostage" for 5,000 subscribers just disgusts me. It's dishonest, it's wrong, and it's crappy to the people who want to pay $50 a year, but just can't afford it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#50  Edited By ArbitraryWater
@PlatinumIce said:
" I dropped five bucks on the month, but only for the Bombcast. Let me be clear: I think this whole subscription service is a dirty cash grab, and I hate it. Don't get me wrong, I love the site, and I originally loved the idea of a subscription service, but this whole thing with the Bombcast being held "hostage" for 5,000 subscribers just disgusts me. It's dishonest, it's wrong, and it's crappy to the people who want to pay $50 a year, but just can't afford it. "
I basically did this. I will wear this silver medal in shame.