Is Brad a good podcaster?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By thordain

no.
That is all that needs to be said.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By RedSox8933

they all balance themselves out perfectly. god, i would kill myself if brad left GB, or if anyone else left. i'm shocked that you don't like brad.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By TheJollyRajah

If the Bombcast were a cheeseburger,

Jeff would be the burger, since he usually has the most to say
Vinny would be the cheese, because he has cheesy humor and makes the burger taste better
Ryan is the bun, because he holds the podcast together and he is soft and cuddly,
And Brad is the pickles... the pickles don't flow with the burger as well as all the other ingredients, but it adds some contrast with it's cruchiness and unique flavor.

Personally, I NEED the pickles in a cheeseburger, or it will taste boring...

So, yeah.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By jakob187
TheJollyRajah said:
"If the Bombcast were a cheeseburger,

Jeff would be the burger, since he usually has the most to say
Vinny would be the cheese, because he has cheesy humor and makes the burger taste better
Ryan is the bun, because he holds the podcast together and he is soft and cuddly,
And Brad is the pickles... the pickles don't flow with the burger as well as all the other ingredients, but it adds some contrast with it's cruchiness and unique flavor.

Personally, I NEED the pickles in a cheeseburger, or it will taste boring...

So, yeah."
Brad is the pickles?  Blasphemy abounds today...

Brad is more like the ketchup!!!
Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Lieutenant

Wtf? Brad is an awesome podcaster. Though I always thought Vinny was the weakest podcaster (No offense Vinny - <3). He just has an awkward way of carrying himself and tends to allow himself to get interupted a lot.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By jakob187
Lieutenant said:
"(about Vinny) He tends to allow himself to get interupted a lot."
While that is true, did you ever think that maybe the other guys just interrupt what he is saying too much?  And Vinny is fucking awesome to boot!

None of them are better than the other.  Without any one of them, the podcast would just be flat.  I'm not knocking the special episodes with Snide and Ed Boon and Alex N and all that, but at the same time, I like my menage-a-quattro that is the Bombcast just the way it is.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#57  Edited By LordAndrew
Lieutenant said:
"Wtf? Brad is an awesome podcaster. Though I always thought Vinny was the weakest podcaster (No offense Vinny - <3). He just has an awkward way of carrying himself and tends to allow himself to get interupted a lot."
I think that's just what happens when the other guys are allowed to go completely crazy. Dude happens to get interrupted a lot.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Hamz

I think people need to remember that the Editorial Staff here at GiantBomb have all worked together at another established website and are friends both inside and outside of the office. They each bring something unique to the table and each have their own opinion and view on things which likely differ to the rest of the Staff's opinion.

I find Brad's presence on the Bombcast to be great. He brings that energetic youthful aspect to it where he isn't afraid to actually step up and say the opposite to what the others may feel or think on a video game topic. Sideburns and voice aside I find Brad to be a great addition to the Staff.

From a Moderator perspective I've found Brad to be a great help and a reliable dude to go to when things are confusing or we need help. Especially in those early days after the site launched. At Gamespot Brad had the nickname of 'Baby Brad' due to him being a more younger member of the team but here at GiantBomb he has really shined and proven he is definately someone to pay attention too when he gives opinions, views and thoughts on the video game industry.

However like I said not everyone is going to to agree Brad is a great person, people form their own opinion on folks and sometimes nothing we say will change that opinion but I do think in this case the opinion is flawed. Brad doesn't break the Bombcast. He adds too it and if you think he interupts and breaks it then thats fair enough but I think its more the fact he happens to provide an opinion that differs to the rest of the teams in some cases.

As for the question of whether Vinny is the weakest member in the Bombcast I would say no. Infact I would probably say he is one of the stronger members. His opinions are solid and his views often try to give the benefit of the doubt on things without judging them too harshly. I'd agree he gets interrupted a little too often at times, but that doesn't make him or the others weak podcast members.

I'm going to lock this topic down, not because the discussion has taken a bad turn or because the subject itself is against the rules. But rather I think the direction the topic has gone has turned more from "Is Brad a bad Podcaster?" into a "hey lets give opinions on the podcast crew". If someone wants to start some topic about general opinion and feeling on the Bombcast then go ahead. But I do no feel comfortable leaving a topic singling out Brad open. I doubt he is reaching for the tissue box to soak away the tears of hearing people express their opinion on him. But I personally do not feel this sort of topic can be productive. It either turns into a hate topic about a member of Staff or hate topic about the OP.

Locked.