SunKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SunKing

Hey, guys. 

Just listened/watched the PAX Bombcast and was wondering what your feelings are on the highest and lowest point of the panel this year. 

High point: Green, Pachter and Whitta mixing it up, playing up what it's like to be an old geezer and into the games industry. 

Lowest point:  John Vignocchi's Ice-T impressions. This probably sounded much funnier while in casual conversation, but I felt it was just a little embarrassing on stage. It was a bad idea, imo. Sorry, John. :(

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

I thought it was all pretty good. Enjoyed it all. Have more respect for Pachter than before I watched it.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By turboman

Johnny V's Ice-T impression was amazing.. 

High Point: "Duke Nukem receives oral sex from two ladies" 
"Well, that confirms he has two dicks" 
"Which is great because there's a monster with three boobs" 

Low Point was when that guy had to go up there and ask about Kane & Lynch 2 like an asshole.

SugarRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By SugarRay

"Hey baby, I got an HD Wii right here"

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator
@AlisterCat said:
" I thought it was all pretty good. Enjoyed it all. Have more respect for Pachter than before I watched it. "
This!
pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By pbhawks45

Low point: Endurance Run question. REALLY?

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ProfessorEss
@SunKing said:
High point: Green, Pachter and Whitta mixing it up
Yup, so good.
Smokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Smokay

Yeah some of the questions were not so great but everything else was great.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Gaff

High points: 

• Pachter.
  • The guys' reaction to the break music.
  • Ryan: "Considering how long that line was [for Duke Nukem Forever]." Heckle: "Thirteen years!!!"

Low points: 
  • Some questions were a bit... too inbred for my taste.
ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By ch3burashka

Ryan's triple-titted boss joke really was something, alright.

juanvaldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By juanvaldes

The whole panel was awesome. That is almost universally true for PAX. But as always the low point were the questions.  

Not sure what I hate more: 

• The kids who can't speak 
  • The 7 part questions 
  • The constant ass kissing 
  • The retarded questions. 
Not every person asking a question violated one of these rules but I wish it wasn't the majority. :(

@Gaff said is well "  Some questions were a bit... too inbred for my taste"
DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By DukeTogo
The lameness of the Kane & Lynch 2 question at the end.  Expecting people to shit on a game in such an unprofessional way is insulting.
queenulhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By queenulhu

The best part for me... was BEING there n_n  & Yeah clearly the fans brought the quality of the panel down... I mean I didn't get up to ask a question because I knew it would start off like this "So like I really love your website & all your content, been following Jeff since Gamespot.. nice moustache btw Jeff... & Ryan I really love TANG... Brad come to my house & play Starcraft II for me.. err uhh *coughs... comes up with a dumbass question*" but instead I chose to do that exact same thing AFTER the panel at the bar where I could hide behind a thin veil of alcohol if I acted a fool instead of being immortalized on the Bombcast so everyone could make fun of me.  Oh well.  They had balls of steel I guez!

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Green_Incarnate
@TurboMan said:
" Johnny V's Ice-T impression was amazing..  High Point: "Duke Nukem receives oral sex from two ladies" "Well, that confirms he has two dicks" "Which is great because there's a monster with three boobs"  Low Point was when that guy had to go up there and ask about Kane & Lynch 2 like an asshole. "
I'll go with this. Lowest points were definitely some of the community questions.
sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By sixghost

The whole thing was great until the last 2 questions. An ER question, and a Kane & Lynch question... ugh
XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By XenoNick

The ER question was quite stupid and then the Kane & Lynch question was even worse.  Otherwise it was great.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By buzz_killington

Low-point: The stupid Kane and Lynch 2 question.
High-point: Everything else, especially the 'Grumpy Old Men' segment and Johnny V's fire spitting.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Barrock

I'm on part 3 right now and so far there hasn't been a low point. Amazing stuff.

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dark_Jon

I agree, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole Bombcast but I didn't care for some of the questions.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShaneDev

I thought the mini panel in the middle was great definitely the high point along with the Ice T bit. 

Low point was the questions. Why would you ask them about the ER or Kane and Lynch 2 ? I mean that question could be take as an insult to Jeff and the whole website. Not all the questions were bad but some were really bad. 

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Barrock

I'd kill for Jeff Green to join Giant Bomb and run their PC division with Dave.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Leptok

I think the questions weren't that horrible. When you ask people to just come up and ask question, they vary in quality. Though I think next year they should limit them to one question.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By ajamafalous

Low points were definitely the previously-mentioned community questions.

Also, I didn't really care for the mini-panel in the middle, but it was better than the questions.

Johnny V's Ice T impression wasn't so great either.

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By andrela

I liked the question about how they deal with their games coverage as such a small site. Most of the others were ok.

High point was definitely the middle segment

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By hockeymask27
@sixghost said:

" The whole thing was great until the last 2 questions. An ER question, and a Kane & Lynch question... ugh "

my thoughts exactly. I skipped over the answer to the Kane and Lynch one. I also they guy who asked the ER question wasted a chance for someone else to speak.
MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By MisterMouse

Top moments: The beginning 30 minutes was very strong, the Vignocchi segment was pretty good as well 
Worst moments: Pachter, Green, and Witta segment was kind of awkward and just out of place. Also the question segment as well was a low. But that could be, because I always find that segment of any kind of conference to be really awkward. Just the person interaction through a mic asking a variety of could be well known people just is weird and comes off very awkward for some reason. But hey that is just me.

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Box3ru13

High points: Being there and seeing the GB crew use the crowd to their benefit   

Low points: none, its easy to listen to or watch the video and think that those questions or some parts of it were lame but I will say that you lose the atmosphere that place had that night during the proceedings. Plus the K&L question provided Jeff with a platform to really say what he earnestly felt which hasn't been verbalized all too often if at all due to the general taboo placed on the topic.  

Awesome panel that continues to get better every year. 

thebooya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thebooya

High Point: Johnny V's Ice T impersonation... fucking shit was hysterical. Loved the Golden Guys part of the panel as well.

Low Point: Jeff's shoutout to Adam Boyes. That guy is a fucking hack.

barmsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By barmsy

I've been reading the comments on the PAX Panel Bombcast and video.   There is a lot of frustration with me bringing up the Endurance Run (ER).   Unbeknownst to me, the ER has been brought up time and time again and is trying the community’s patience in addition to that of Brad, Jeff, Ryan, and Vinny.   Though I am a fan of giantbomb.com and much of its great videos, previews, and reviews, I barely spend any time in the forums or even in the comments.   I’m sorry for bringing up the ER again.   I didn’t know this issue has been put to death and although I may have seemed like the physical manifestation of an internet troll at the Panel, I was just trying to get a laugh or two while showing genuine interest in the ER.   It has provided hours of entertainment for me, and allowed to experience games I would have never played by myself with the giantbomb crew. I’m sorry for cheating the people behind me who may very well had brilliant questions or funny comments that could have topped the Bloodsport / Kickboxer or spider comments.   So again, I’m sorry for beating the dead horse that is the ER.  

b33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By b33

low points: HAY GUIZ ENDURANCE RUN? AMIRAYTE? KANE AND LYNCH? 
high points: Pachter... and the rest of the podcast