Questions for today's Untitled Movie Podcast?

• 53 results
rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

We're recording one in a couple of hours, so any questions? I likely won't take everything, like we used to do on screened - will probably try to lean towards stuff that we can actually answer and have fun with. Sometimes on the Screenedcast we'd run into questions that I had no idea how to answer well, so don't feel too bad if I skip a question or three this time around!

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Oldirtybearon

How come movies are shit and all the good storytelling is on television?

Seriously.

edit: I'm assuming this is a thread to post questions considering there's no details in the OP.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

What foreign movies have you guys really liked over the last year or so?

(My personal recommendation over the last couple of years is the Indonesian film, The Raid: Redemption - you should TOTALLY watch that)

You're the guys who convinced me to watch Old Boy, and man that was SO worth it. Heck, Korean cinema is wonderful - and I have y'all to thank for my appreciation of it.

Edit: as a follow up question;

What are your thoughts on the development of Old Boy's western adaptation (casting, etc)?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zeforgotten

You "likely won't take everything"?!
What are you, a monster? do you really hate puppies, is that it?!!

I don't even know what life is anymore!
You're right, I don't have any questions, I just wanted to question your love for puppies.
"Won't take everything" .. what a world!

I'm gonna go cry in a corner now, Rorie, thanks! 'notmanlytearseither'

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: What's your take on all of the "Boycotting" that seems to happen when TV shows take risks in storytelling? Do people really want the unpredictable and shocking moments that HBO offers or do they really want more TV to resemble comfort food with clean plots and happy endings?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Which of you would be willing to watch the DragonBall live action movie?

*Cough cough*

Do you feel that direct to DvD movies get a bad rap?

A case of this is The Dark Knight Returns. It was an amazing piece of work.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

What would you say is the Citizen Kane of movies?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you feel like there is a return of the "anthology horror movie" with stuff like V/H/S?

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VierasTalo

Rorie, do you still despise Roman Polanski?

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By jacksukeru

I never know what's going on with movies so I have no questions, but when you guys ran Screened I was at least a little bit updated and I appreciated that.

I like that you're back doing this Podcast is what I'm saying.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By ThePickle

Thoughts on Community season 4 and the news about Harmon probably returning for season 5?

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie How are you guys feeling about Pacific Rim? As a huge Godzilla (OG, goofy Japanese movies- not that Matthew Broderick abomination) fan, I'm feeling pretty excited about it. Do you both have any kaiju film favorites of your own?

Avatar image for thedigitalistic
TheDigitalistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man, Star Trek, and Fast/Furious already released, and aside from a few outliers (Pacific Rim / Man of Steel), there doesn't appear to be much left to be excited about (to me at least) for the summer.

In my mind, this means that the big "summer blockbuster movie season" has mostly come and gone already, despite the fact that summer has not even started yet.

Am I crazy? Are there a bunch of movies that I'm simply not aware of? Why does "summer" seem to keep happening earlier each year?

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How do you guys feel about the upcoming Riddick film? Yesterday, I watched Pitch Black and I still find it very entertaining/good. Chronicles of Riddick on the other hand, is definitely not a great movie, but I find it has some redeemable qualities.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you or Alex seen Upstream Color? Best movie I've seen this year so far.

Avatar image for brewmaster_andy
Brewmaster_Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Brewmaster_Andy

Talk about Game of Thrones and the pros/cons to that sort of adaptation. I know a lot of people freaked out over the Red wedding episode.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By GeekDown

I'm a huge fan of Ingmar Bergman and as a Swede he's been incredibly important to our culture. He's actually being put on one of our new bills when we update the art on our currency next year. Anyway, I don't know how familiar you are with his work, but if you are, what is your favorite movie of his?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The film "Americano" with Joshua Jackson and Dennis Hopper changed my life. It inspired me to walk across Spain on the thousand year old pilgrimage route, The Camino de Santiago. That trip sent me down a whole new path in life, getting me back in school. Has a movie ever changed your life? How?

Thrillhouse87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Thrillhouse87

Have any of you two read the dark tower series by Stephen King? if so, do you believe a film adaptation will ever happen? Would it work best as a movie series or a TV show?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By toowalrus

How well do you suspend your disbelief? After Earth was a good movie overall (well, I personally didn't hate it), but I found myself rolling my eyes quite a bit. Being saved by the giant bird, the fact that kid went from waking up from being paralyzed to sprinting so quickly, the fact that the apes wouldn't chase kid through the river (even though apes can swim just fine). I liked it, but god damn is it silly.

Lucifunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lucifunk

Now that Tarantino, Smith, and Lee are getting old who would you say are the young indy guys changing how things are done these days.

Avatar image for crsadrnoremorse
CrsadrNoRemorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you get a chance to watch Only God Forgives, the new Winding Refn's movie? If so did you like it? What do you think of the general reception that movie got at Cannes, considering it is so wildly different from Drive?

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SeanFoster

You can only see one as yet unreleased 2013 film the rest of the year - what is it?

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

Have either of you watched the new season of arrested development. If so, what are your thoughts on it? Also what @thepickle asked

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#25  Edited By DarthOrange
EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EmuLeader

Do you think the Arrested Development season lived up to the hype? If not, what does that mean for the movie? Do you guys think that this type of TV show would even fit the movie format?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Is fear a choice?

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

Do you feel like there is a return of the "anthology horror movie" with stuff like V/H/S?

I like this question.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By musubi

How do you feel living in a world where a sequel to Grownups exists?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fredchuckdave

How well do you suspend your disbelief? After Earth was a good movie overall but I found myself rolling my eyes quite a bit. Being saved by the giant bird, the fact that kid went from waking up from being paralyzed to sprinting so quickly, the fact that the apes wouldn't chase kid through the river (even though apes can swim just fine). I liked it, but god damn is it silly.

*stares blankly in disbelief* Well uh... Yeaaaaahhhh... That's uhnotthecase. I guess there's still more room to go down for M. Night Shyamalan.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#31  Edited By Kidavenger

What videogame franchises do you think need to be turned into movies?

Why haven't videogame based movies been able to reach the same audience that comicbook movies have been exploiting for the last 10 years?

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you guys been keeping up with your cinema going since the death of the Screenedcast?

cheddartyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is there a movie where your love of puppies and cinema collide.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekdown said:

Anyway, I don't know how familiar you are with his work, but if you are, what is your favorite movie of his?

If answered, my guess is one, or both, will choose The Seventh Seal. My favorite is Wild Strawberries, which happens to be getting a Criterion Blu-ray next week.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How much of an impact do you think Netflix creating their own shows will have on the world of TV? Both in terms of the business end and the creative end (I interviewed Eli Roth and he said that not having to put in cliffhangers and stingers totally changed the creative process) do you think it's really going to shake things up?

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By devise22

Thoughts on rumors of Christopher Nolan taking over the Bond film franchise now that Sam Mendes is out?

Also excited or not excited for Michael Bay doing the new TMNT live action? :P

Avatar image for blastprocessing
BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BlastProcessing

What is the most absurd idea for a movie you've ever had? I've found myself wanting to adapt any of Kool Keith's albums (whether it be Dr. Octagon, Black Elvis, Dr. Doooom) into a movie, and make a straight to HD-DVD sequel of The Wash starring Action Bronson and RiFF RAFF. Surely you guys dreamed up concepts as ridiculous as those.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#38  Edited By TheMasterDS

Before a movie a few weeks ago I saw a trailer for Joss Whedon's take on Much Ado About Nothing which stars all of Joss Whedon's actors. What do you think of directors/creators/whatevers who play favorites like that and also do you have any take on it that film?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#39  Edited By ArbitraryWater

How excited is Rorie for Grown Ups 2?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By toowalrus

@fredchuckdave: I have a soft spot for cheesy si-fi (and will smith), leave me alone. Besides, I don't really let ratings dictate what makes a movie "good" to me or not- I love going to those Resident Evil movies every time, even though they review horribly.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus: Resident Evil is campy and entertaining action; After Earth is maybe one of the worst movies of all time. There's nothing wrong with liking mediocre movies or silly action movies; I liked both Expendables movies, I liked the first GI Joe movie, I love Arnold movies no matter how bad they are (keeping in mind some of them are ridiculously awesome); After Earth is a boring piece of shit though with absolutely no charisma and pretty much solely unintentional comedy to run it. I suppose if you want to watch a Uwe Boll movie for comedy purposes then you might like After Earth, but I think it's too boring to really hold up compared to Uwe Boll's masterpieces.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus: After Earth is maybe one of the worst movies of all time.

Awe, I think that's a pushin' it, a case of hyperbole, there are a lot of bad movies out there. It's definitely mediocre, but I really like some of the concepts behind After Earth- I dig the idea that humans return to Earth after abandoning it a thousand years ago- human eyes seeing vast rivers and forests after living on a desert planet for centuries had the potential to be powerful (even if it wasn't executed perfectly.) Some of the other choices they made, like the planet freezing over every evening and the enemies being blind were definitely lazy (though I did think the concept of ghosting was alright.) Yeah, it's not great, but I don't think it's totally unbelievable to hear someone say "It was good, I liked it."

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@rorie: What are your thoughts on Grown Ups 2?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By development

Real interested in some Game of Thrones talk, assuming you've both gotten caught up on it. I feel it being attached to HBO and it having high production values and amazing writing warrants at least some vague appreciation on a movie podcast.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#45  Edited By Yummylee

Is Christopher Lee immortal?

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mendelson9

What's up with Year of the Cage? Will we ever get The Rock review. It would be sad if this little project never got finished.

Also, do you know what's the deal with all those videos you guys made on Screened? It seems like new management is not going to do in-house videos and im afraid eventually those videos are going to be taken off the site. Do you have any say on how those videos are used.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47  Edited By wrighteous86

Do you think there's any future in the type of "tied experience" attempted with the SyFy show Defiance and its MMO?

What should Game of Thrones do to deal with the fact that they are catching up to Martin's books and will probably outpace him at this rate?

What obscure Marvel character would you like to see get their own movie?

Do you think it's a mistake for DC to try and chase after the Avengers approach, when they could be just following the Dark Knight formula and getting good writer/directors to put their personal stamp on a hero-by-hero basis?

Thoughts on the Grumpy Cat movie?

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By Winternet

Should [insert name of something that is popular right now, hell I don't know] talk?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I hate to ask, but Year of the Cage was about to hit The Rock and didn't. Can Alex confirm it's dead? Because I'm still foolishly holding on to hope.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By gkhan

Have you or Alex seen Upstream Color? Best movie I've seen this year so far.

Exactly my question. So, so good.