• 141 results
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Skytylz
@ProlificShadow:  you're just mad they aren't talking about mag as much :)
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FelixLighter said:
" @Sleepy_Insomniac: I felt that they talked a lot about Assassin's Creed 2 but the difference between those 2 games and Mass Effect 2 is the timing of their releases.  Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 were both surrounded by other huge games.  They had several huge games to talk about all at the same time, so none of those games got the attention that Mass Effect 2 is currently getting because there is really not much else to talk about.     Like you mentioned, they went into some pretty deep talk about those games, Uncharted 2 especially, during the game of the year podcasts. "
I really think this point is the one that is probably the most important. Also the one that's flying under everyone's radar. Nothing else is commanding their attention at the moment quite like Mass Effect.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By penguindust

I'm hoping for at least one more full Mass Effect 2 podcast similar to the one they did for Modern Warfare 2.  There is a lot to talk about with the game and since only Brad seems to have finished the game, there is still more to come.  Why hate on the game's coverage?  I still enjoy listening about games I have little interest in playing myself.  This is one of those rare experiences where they want to talk about it in detail, but can't because it's would ruin too much for people who haven't played the game yet.  They are excited by this game just as other folks get excited by other games like Demon's Souls, Dragon Age, or Fallout 3.   And, I remember a whole crap load of coverage across all gaming sites when Uncharted 2 came out, as well.  Big games get talked about. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ProlificShadow said:
" @Sir_Ragnarok:  The problem is over-saturation. The Bombcast, 4 Guys 1 Up, and the Gamespy Debriefings (just to name a few) have been dedicated to ME:2 for multiple weeks. "
Maybe spend less time with podcasts? I don't know, man. The issue really isn't any different. You're dealing with the first AAA title of the year (and possibly one of the most important of the generation) at a time when, almost literally, there is nothing else even close, in terms of pertinence. 

I mean, Mass Effect 2 is making waves outside the gaming world. It's an important thing.
Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#55  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
" @FelixLighter said:
" @Sleepy_Insomniac: I felt that they talked a lot about Assassin's Creed 2 but the difference between those 2 games and Mass Effect 2 is the timing of their releases.  Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 were both surrounded by other huge games.  They had several huge games to talk about all at the same time, so none of those games got the attention that Mass Effect 2 is currently getting because there is really not much else to talk about.     Like you mentioned, they went into some pretty deep talk about those games, Uncharted 2 especially, during the game of the year podcasts. "
I really think this point is the one that is probably the most important. Also the one that's flying under everyone's radar. Nothing else is commanding their attention at the moment quite like Mass Effect. "
Not everyone mind you, my 360 is broken right now. :(
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By ryanwho

Its a better game than Fallout 3 so it'll get at least as much coverage.

felixlighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By felixlighter
@ProlificShadow: This type of thing happened when GTA IV was released and when Metal Gear Solid 4 was released and just about anytime a big release comes out during the slower parts of the year.  It seems unavoidable because there is nothing else to fill the time.   It would just mean shorter Bombcasts, which wouldn't be any different than skipping the ME 2 talk in the first, except those who are interested won't have a chance to hear it.
Avatar image for deactivated-65d51c2303ca6
deactivated-65d51c2303ca6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sir_Ragnarok:
You really are blowing ME:2 out of proportion. One of the most important games of the generation? That's a bold statement for a game that has been out for barely two weeks. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ProlificShadow said:
We are two months into the generation, it's a little early to call it.
. . . 

What?

I think you want to substitute "decade" for "generation". Then, you want to realize you didn't catch my drift.
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Andorski

As a person who really liked ME2 and is now going with a second runthrough... I am getting tired of hearing about Mass Effect everywhere.  I've been playing 5 hour gaming sessions a day, and I kinda wished that when I turn off my console and go on the interwebz, I wouldn't be bombarded with more Mass Effect.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sir_Ragnarok:
That was clearly a mistake, it has been fixed. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ProlificShadow said:
" @Sir_Ragnarok:You really are blowing ME:2 out of proportion. One of the most important games of the generation? That's a bold statement for a game that has been out for barely two weeks.  "
It's a bold statement qualified by the word "possibly". Which means, in layman's terms, I'm not christening it as the second coming of Tetris, or some shit. It means it has the potential to go down in gaming history as something that seriously influenced the way mature, ambitious titles are crafted. 

And, honestly, Bioware games are consistently regarded as monoliths of quality. You can question that status, but in doing so, you had ought to question your sanity. Haha.
Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#63  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
@FelixLighter: I just want to make it clear that I'm not upset over the lack of Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed II discussion; it was just an observation that perplexed me. My main gripe is that the discussion was completely devoid of substance. I've played the first Mass Effect and couldn't give two shits about spoilers, what they talked about was just empty thanks to spoiler fiends.
Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Dogma

I didn't like Mass Effect, I don't like Bioware games but goddamnit! Mass effect 2 have peeked my interest alot during the later months and now that I'm playing it it's a really good game. I wouldn't call it revolutionary but the universe, characters and branching storylines are really really good and makes you want to experience more. To bad that I'm not as hooked on the battle part of the game. Anyhow.... I have no problem listening to the guys chatting about the game. The Giantbomb crew and more peoples enthusiasm is actually infectious so I have no problem listening about this game BUT I will stay away from the spoilercast until I played more. 

My point is that I have had much more boring times than during these ME2 rants. I personally thinks Star Trek Online have had way to much coverage than needed but hey...that's my opinion. I won't start to bitch about it because soon enough the guys will talk about something I do care about. I listen to the Bombcast to hears these guys opinions, interaction and jokes, wisch games they are talking about is pure bonus depending on my interest or their way to deliver commentary.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sir_Ragnarok:
Everyone acknowledged ME 1's flaws, and Dragon Age has been plagued by bugs and glitches. Yes, Bioware's games are extremely well-done, but they are all far from perfect. I'm not saying ME:2 is not a great game, I'm saying to call something "possibly one of the greatest games of the generation" you need to see how the game will hold up and look on the generation as a whole, which is impossible considering we are still in the midst of it.   

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dogma said:
I personally thinks Star Trek Online have had way to much coverage than needed but hey...that's my opinion.
You know. I'm inclined to agree with you there. But hey, they like it. I'll listen to what they've got to say.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dogma:
I definitely respect that, and by no means is this going to make me stop listening to the Bombcast (hell, I'm listening to it right now). I just thought it was an interesting thing to bring up. 
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By hatking

Well there aren't a whole lot of other games coming out they're playing, you know?  It is pretty much that or Star Trek Online which we got many hours worth in the open beta.  Either way honestly I didn't like their ME2 banter, it annoyed me how they played the game and Ryan really annoyed me that whole podcast.  His smug "you're doing it wrong" attitude gets to me sometimes and when he was the one actually "doing it wrong" I just want to scream.  Anyway.... yeah I'd be happy to hear what Vinny, Brad and Jeff have to say once they complete it.
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#69  Edited By damswedon
@ProlificShadow: look love, Mass Effect 2 is arguably the first HUGE game to come out this year and the fact that it takes a long time to play means that it is unlikely that any other game would of been played. Just get over it and until next week or the week after. Right babe.
Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Dogma
@HatKing: What do you mean with him saying "Your'e doing it wrong"? I bet you have a point but I don't remember everything they said in the podcast so please remind me. What annoyed you? I'm just being curious...
Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I guess it's sort of understandable. (brad is still talking about Fallout 3 when he can find a way to work it into the conversation) The only reason it bugs me is that I didn't get the game yet and I have to skip large parts of the podcast to stay away from spoilers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HatKing:
Yeah I know what you mean. I suppose if they are going to talk about one game so much I would prefer more of a overall view of the game, and not so much boring banter about pointless things relating to the game. I understand that is hard to do without spoilers, but if that is the case than just make a spoilercast and get it over with. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ProlificShadow said:
I'm saying to call something "possibly one of the greatest games of the generation" you need to see how the game will hold up and look on the generation as a whole, which is impossible considering we are still in the midst of it.    "
Does this even make sense, logically?

Before I can say something has the potential to be one of the most important games of the generation, I have to wait until the generation's over? Isn't that putting the cart before the horse?
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By hatking
@Dogma:
More or less him saying that you should play as a soldier, it was a little insulting.  There were choices he made too and just the way he speaks makes it come off like those are the choices you should pick.  Didn't help that he plays the game renegade... which I feel isn't the best way to experience it.  I don't know I just don't think we'd get along very well.  He is entitled to his opinion I guess, he just bothers me sometimes.  I am probably just being too sensitive.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By buzz_clik
@ProlificShadow: I think it boils down to the fact that when Ryan's asks what everyone's been playing, the truth is that everyone's been devoting a huge chunk of their time to enjoying ME2. It's kinda hard to talk about other video games when you've not been playing any.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#76  Edited By Vinchenzo

I'm 50 minutes in, and I'm already tired with all of the Mass Effect 2 talk.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Dogma

I would at least recommend people to let the game sink in before jumping to conclusions about GOTY or best game of this generation? Am I negative on the game? No, but experience have told me to let some time pass by untill you truly know hos great a game was. That's why I like GOTY times because it's the time for deeper reflection and the time to find what a game truly did in a overall perspective in hindsight. Some of these things a impossible to know untill later. I'ts never good talking about this when I game is hot of the shelfs  because your'e most passionate about it right then. As I said in the begnning...let it sink in and give it time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sir_Ragnarok:
I'm saying the staying power of a game and how it holds up is vital to how it ranks in it's generation. Obviously you can't judge how ME:2 will hold up considering it is a brand new game, and the only way you can really tell how a game holds up is when it is no longer a current generation game because of the quality of most games these days. 
OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By OldGuy
@HatKing said:
" @Dogma: More or less him saying that you should play as a soldier, it was a little insulting.  There were choices he made too and just the way he speaks makes it come off like those are the choices you should pick.  Didn't help that he plays the game renegade... which I feel isn't the best way to experience it.  I don't know I just don't think we'd get along very well.  He is entitled to his opinion I guess, he just bothers me sometimes.  I am probably just being too sensitive. "
Quoth Ryan: "I'm a dick."

So, as with most people who are like that (and, unlike most people who just are dicks, he's one who actually recognizes his dickishness), you gotta take everything he says in that light: "What the FUCK are you talking about... Oh, right, you're a dick, never mind."
Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Dogma
@HatKing: Aha... alright. Then I know what your'e talking about. Me myself plays as a Vanguard so yeah... it's kinda douchy to tell everyone that "this is the only true way to play the game....he's a soldier!". Hell... the Vanguard is pretty good at kicking ass too in my opinion. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dogma said:
" I would at least recommend people to let the game sink in before jumping to conclusions about GOTY or best game of this generation? Am I negative on the game? No, but experience have told me to let some time pass by untill you truly know hos great a game was. That's why I like GOTY times because it's the time for deeper reflection and the time to find what a game truly did in a overall perspective in hindsight. Some of these things a impossible to know untill later. I'ts never good talking about this when I game is hot of the shelfs  because your'e most passionate about it right then. As I said in the begnning...let it sink in and give it time. "
You're absolutely right, and normally I'd be gung ho with this philosophy before heaping my praise on it.

But the original Mass Effect is widely considered to be one of the most significant titles of the generation thus far. And if the sequel is so much superior, I don't see how we can logically suppress such discussion. It's a good discussion to be having, and I'm glad there's resistance to the idea. 

But. Man. I fucking love this game.
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By hatking
@Dogma: 
Yeah I play as an engineer on my main and I get enough heat from people saying it is a useless class without having to hear a 30 minute discussion why soldiers are the correct choice. 
@OldGuy:

You know?  I think that'll help if I just think that. 
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#83  Edited By KowalskiManDown

They talk about games they are playing at the time, so if they all played alot of Mass Effect 2 over the past week... what else are they gonna talk about?

gannon16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#84  Edited By gannon16

Nope.  I liked all the Mass Effect 2 talk. But I can see why someone wouldn't. (Paragon Response)

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#85  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I am kind of with the TC on this one. I am kind of sick of all the Mass Effect 2 talk right now. Admittedly its because there are no other big games to talk about, but I really want it to take a rest. It's awesome for sure, and while I think its a little early to be talking GotY, or "influence" on the game's industry, it is easily the biggest title that has come out so far this year.

The same goes for Star Trek online, which has been getting far too much discussion for a MMO that none of the GB crew is going to be playing in two months.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Dogma
@Sir_Ragnarok: You just keep loving it then. Just don't become one of those that force your opinion on others (I'm NOT saying your'e doing this). 

How many remember the total chaos that was the PS3/Killzone 2 fanboys? Killzone 2 was Christ reborn. What happened? One year later and people actually got some perspective on things. Killzone 2 was a really good game but jeeezus! The way it was celebrated by PS3 people was crazy! Two months before it's actually realease wich made the whole thing even more dumb for me that have had review copy of the game since late december and actually knew how the game was. 

Oh sorry... didn't mean to start a rant. But it is good example how some time gives you perspective on things.
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By CptBedlam

I normally don't complain but I grew tired of all the ME2 talk, too. It's okay if they have a segment to talk about it but the last podcast was about 40% percent mass effect 2. Even after they talked about something else they went back to mass effect 2 after that. Bah... 

It's not as bad as in the last 4guys1up episode though (I had to turn that one off).

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#88  Edited By TheHBK

Thats the big game, so its no big deal.  But maybe, it should be seen as there being Too Much Bombcast in my Mass Effect 2.

BrokenCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#89  Edited By BrokenCage

Bottom line: Regardless of ME:2's potential greatness or the lack of other titles out there, redundancy is not entertaining. You can make all the arguments in the world for why they would/could/should talk endlessly about ME:2, but it doesn't make it any more entertaining or informative. Too much of a good thing is bad.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#90  Edited By Brendan

Ryan asked at the beginning of the podcast what they were all playing.  They were only playing Mass Effect 2.  Therefore, they will talk about Mass Effect 2 in the section talking about the games they are currently playing.   

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BrokenCage said:
" Bottom line: Regardless of ME:2's potential greatness or the lack of other titles out there, redundancy is not entertaining. You can make all the arguments in the world for why they would/could/should talk endlessly about ME:2, but it doesn't make it any more entertaining or informative. Too much of a good thing is bad. "
Exactly. 
Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Dogma
@Brendan said:
" Ryan asked at the beginning of the podcast what they were all playing.  They were only playing Mass Effect 2.  Therefore, they will talk about Mass Effect 2 in the section talking about the games they are currently playing.     "
This. This is called logic. I like this.
Chirag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Chirag4

The game deserves it.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Venatio

Stop complaining, it's an awesome new game that just came out and it's all they were playing 

And there is alot to talk about regarding that game 

This thread is just stupid

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#95  Edited By Driadon

Same thing happened when GTA 4 came out, didn't it? If I'm remembering correctly it's because of: 

@Dogma said:

" @Brendan said:
" Ryan asked at the beginning of the podcast what they were all playing.  They were only playing Mass Effect 2.  Therefore, they will talk about Mass Effect 2 in the section talking about the games they are currently playing.     "
This. This is called logic. I like this. "
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#96  Edited By bubahula
@Chirag4 said:
" The game deserves it. "
NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By NoXious

Too little ME 2 - nothing else noteworthy hit the shelves last week and I want my Podcast to be up-to-date when it goes up.
And there was a bunch of AVP talk which is a game they played, what else are they supposed to talk about then?

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#98  Edited By JonathanMoore

I love that they talk about it this much, it's a huge game, it has huge hype and listening to them and there opinions is totally interesting and informative.

pepper_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By pepper_2000

I don't really see any other game that would be there.

Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Ye because there is SOOOOOOO much else to talk about, like machenarium or whatever the fuck its called or the amazing wii ware releases.  Oh wait.