Chat issues.

GnuStylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm no genius so if the answer is simple, my bad I guess.

While participating in chat in livestreams my Global Cooldown gets bumped up randomly and just recently it said my 'throttle limit' was exceeded. Dunno if I'm doing something on my end or what. Thanks in advance to the smart people that will know what the hell is going on.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@gnustylo said:

I'm no genius so if the answer is simple, my bad I guess.

While participating in chat in livestreams my Global Cooldown gets bumped up randomly and just recently it said my 'throttle limit' was exceeded. Dunno if I'm doing something on my end or what. Thanks in advance to the smart people that will know what the hell is going on.

We adjust the global cooldown during the chat upwards as more people join; with 5000+ people it's tough to let everyone chat as much as they want, so we bump it up as more people join. Nothing personal! The throttle limit just lets you know that you haven't had the cooldown expire yet, as far as I know. Most chats are nowhere near the 150s timeout that we have to have for big free chats, but the big ones have long cooldowns for sure.

GnuStylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By GnuStylo

@rorie Thanks so much for the answer! I was just making sure that I wasn't doing anything to bring the wrath of the Cooldown Gods upon me. Always happy to accommodate more people into the stream in that case.