Chromecast Live Shows Support

Biddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I'm having issues using Chromecast to stream live content from the site (Unprofessional Friday's, for example). Every time I do, it will always start at the very beginning of the stream, rather than the live portion. It is very difficult, almost impossible, to fast forward to the live portion of the stream. This makes this feature very unusable.

Is there any fix to this in the works or any way to make this work? I'd love to be able to watch live streams reliably on my TV.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I don't think the site actually supports chromecast in any capacity (besides the video buddy, but that's different). That's just chrome seeing an html5 video feed and slapping a chromecast button on it. Works great for normal videos; not so much for live ones.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

They sometimes have YouTube versions (for non-premium streams), so I guess if there's the option that should work a lot better with Chromecast?

Biddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Definitely taking advantage of non-live shows that way, or through the video buddy.

@rongalaxy: That must be what is showing up on my feed. The HTML video feed. I hope this is something they can implement in the near future.

Maybe if they provided premium live streams on Twitch/YouTube, while still making it premium. For Twitch, I wonder if there is a way to provide a code for a monthly subscription on their channel. Then they could host premium live streams behind that wall and still limit access to all premium subscribers.

Biddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers