Cookies reseting

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey there. The past week or so, I’m getting cookie notifications to confirm my choices over and over again. I recall this happening before a while ago and it got fixed after being discussed on the forums here. Just wondering if it’s just me.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

This popping up at the same time people are starting to see the video player problems return makes me think that a recent update to the site must have caused some type of regression to occur.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By ZombiePie

@tartyron: @ben_h: As per talking to the engineers, there is a new cookies module that presents itself fairly regularly. Unfortunately, this is in response to new laws in the United States regarding tracking and cookies. The previous prompt is no longer possible, which, yes, when functional, allowed you to set your preferences across long sessions or multiple days. This current prompt cannot be removed.

If you have concerns that this new prompt has broken a part of the site, please share and I can guarantee it will be a high priority.

OrwellHuxZam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm getting the same issue. It seems like the cookie settings aren't sticking.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

No Caption Provided

Upon logging in, and while you explore different parts of the site, you should notice the ability to reset your cookies with this tab at the bottom of the screen. If this tab does not appear at all, feel free to chime in.

dtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dtoast  Staff

The engineers did just release a new update so it should be working.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: the problem was that it was piping up too often, like front page, pop up, enter preferences, go to game mess mornings, pop up, enter preferences. Multiple times on the same visit from page to page, that’s why I started the thread. It’s actually a little better now, I get it only when I first come by for the day, it seems to stick for 24 hours or so.