Editing large articles

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By Jagged85

I've noticed that whenever an article has more than 1000 games associated with it, I just can't seem to edit it, but it just crashes whenever I try to edit them. I didn't have this problem with the old Giant Bomb site, but only with the current Giant Bomb site. Is there any way to fix this?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2 fisk0  Moderator

Are you trying to edit game associations or the article itself? I've found that the option to add more games don't always work, but haven't encountered anything like this with editing the actual article. You could try to go to the "Game Appearances" page under the "Related Pages" menu and edit from there, it seems to work more consistently for me.

Any examples of articles with more than 1000 games linked to them though? The most I've found is 800.

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jagged85

I'm trying to edit the article itself. I don't have problems with articles with 800+ games, but only articles with 1000+ games, like 2D, polygonal 3D, first-person perspective, etc.

I've also noticed the main text for these articles haven't been updated since the switch to the new site, suggesting other editors might be having a similar issue. Is there maybe a bug with the site? If that's the case, I might just create a new thread about this issue at the Bug Reporting board.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator

I tried editing the first-person perspective page, and, yeah, seems like something isn't working right. Got a "very busy" message for about a minute before it switched to the editor view. I tried changing the size of the mario kart 7 image to small and then save, and then sat at the save screen for about a minute before I got an "whoops, we ran into an error" message.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

This is a known issue. We have been working on re-building most of this to fix these issues.

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see. In that case, I'll just wait until it gets fixed eventually.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@jagged85: Can you post some changes you want? I'm going to try to debug something.

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jagged85