Embedded YouTube Videos Not Displaying (On Lists?)

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Seikenfreak

Noticed this started while continuing to update my GOTY 2019 list. Started within the last week or maybe two weeks? It just leaves a big empty area where the video should be. Used to work fine of course, have had some videos in my lists for a few years. They were working fine on this one as well until recently as mentioned.

https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/seikenfreak/lists/game-of-the-year-2019-users-choice/365097/ for an example. I'm using Firefox 71.0 (64-bit). Tried it in Chrome as well and no luck. Tried deleting the video from the list, saving, then re-embedding the video. Still just an empty grey area.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Wemibelle

I'm having this problem too. Tried posting my Top 10 Japanese/Korean song lists about a week ago and saw that none of the videos were showing up. Deleted them to try again later but it still keeps happening, no matter how many times I try. All my old posts still load the embedded videos, just not the new ones, for whatever reason. Can't actually put my lists up until it actually works, sadly.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seikenfreak

Hmm, none of the embeds on my previous lists are working either. Surprised yours are. Isn't working on the forums either for me:

Loading Video...

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

testing (Opera, 64-bit, Win 10)

Loading Video...

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seikenfreak

Well, allowing "cbsi.com" through my script blocker seems to have partially worked. (Edit: Or not, defaulted "cbsi.com" again and SuperJoe's video is still working. Seems to be tied to "embedly.com" which is obvious) My script blocker was one of the first things I tried when I noticed this issue and it didn't work. Guessing they moved something around because the site worked fine with my noscript settings for years..?

That being said, mysteriously, the video I posted here and the ones in my 2019 list are still not working. SuperJoe's video and the videos in my 2018 list are now working.. I'll see what else I can mess with.

Win 10, Firefox 71.0 (64-bit), NoScript v11.0.11

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forcen: I actually put two gifs in my list for the first time this year. Both are working and one is actually from gfycat.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I know this has popped up as an issue before but I'll file another bug to see if it can be fixed. Sorry for the trouble!

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems to be working now with the "youtube-nocookie.com" script I'm seeing on the list.

/thumbsup