Failed image uploads - Image thumbnails broken and images cannot be viewed

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

I was attempting to upload some screenshots for my Ninja Pizza Girl user review, and there appears to be an issue with the uploader. It seemed to work fine initially, and I was able to add the images to my review.

However, the thumbnails/scaled versions of the images now seem to be broken (seemingly at random - refreshing the game images page sometimes results in one of the images showing up correctly), and it is impossible to view the images at full size (shows either the loading spinner indefinitely, or shows a red bar containing "Error loading image. Please try another.").

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@stordoff: Hmm, it appears to be working for me now, is it still busted for you?

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: It seems have been a temporary issue - I tried to reupload the images a couple of times and got the same issue, but when I tried a few days later the upload worked properly (at which point I swapped the images in the review for the working versions). I haven't had a problem uploading images since.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Just had this issue reoccur. Added three images to the Coffin Dodgers page, then went to add them to my review. Only one image showed up correctly in the review editor, and now all three images seem to be broken.

Both these images and those from the previous issue were Xbox One screenshots (downloaded via xboxdvr.com). It's probably coincidental (I've uploaded other Xbox One screenshots without issue), but mentioning just in case.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

@rorie: @stordoff: I have noticed the same issue with images I uploaded to the Happy Dungeons page. In the image gallery some of them are broken thumbnails. When they are clicked on the full image will work just fine.

If I try and insert those into a wiki page they appear as broken.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

This issue appears to still be happening in one form or another.

When I'm trying to add an image to a forum post, I've noticed that when I add a previously uploaded image, in the text editor (before I've submitted the post), the image doesn't show up properly. Once the post is submitted, the finished post does contain the image it's supposed to, but for editing purposes it's not working properly. I don't think I've had this problem when adding an entirely new image from a URL or my PC, just with trying to insert images that were previously uploaded to the site, but I'm not positive.

On Firefox, it just adds an indentation to the next line in the editor but there is no sign of the image or the image sizing/editing options at all. On Chrome, it adds the tiny broken image icon, but at least if you mouse over it, it does display the image sizing/editing options (none of the sizing options fix the issue, but they do function properly). In either case, I'm fairly sure that once you submit the post the image displays properly.

To @stordoff's point, maybe this issue only affects some types of images (screenshots somehow?). Things from my previous uploads that were originally just an image URL from the internet seem to generally be fine, but things from my previous uploads that were screenshots I took myself seem to have this display problem. Fwiw, I'm generally just hitting Print Screen, pasting the result into Paint on Windows 7, then uploading to the site. I think I generally save my stuff as a .png through this method, whereas a lot of the images I'm adding through other sources are likely .jpgs?

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: This still appears to be occurring - two images added to the Hue page are just displaying as broken thumbnails. Interestingly, uploading the same images to Imgur, then adding to the Wiki via that URL (rather than a direct upload), worked fine.