Flagging posts will sometimes refresh the page.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Tends to happen most often with videos and articles, but it still occurs on the forums, too. I should note this isn't a new problem I've encountered either, but it feels like it's become a lot more common lately and it's frankly really annoying.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I see this, too. When it does happen, I'm never sure if the flagging actually occurs or not.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah, this happened to me a couple of times. It sucks when you listen to the Bombcast, flag a spam and the page reloads.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

I think it only happens on specific types of pages (not that I can remember those specific types of pages).

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah, this happened to me a couple of times. It sucks when you listen to the Bombcast, flag a spam and the page reloads.

Yepppp. Happened to me when I was over an hour into a QL.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, so... this still happens sometimes, and while it's not especially common, the fact that it may still happen in the first place doesn't half deter me from actually flagging posts.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I haven't been able to reproduce this myself. The next time you notice it happen, try to link me to the specific page where it occurred and be sure to note your OS/browser, as well. Maybe unflag it and try it in another browser to see if it still does it if you have the time to do that.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee

@rorie: I'm currently using Chrome on Windows 8 64bit, though this also used to happen way back when I used Firefox, too. And it happened most recently when I flagged a post under Patrick's Freedom Cry review.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yummylee

Annnd it's happened again, this time for flagging a post in this thread here. Fortunately with threads & articles it's not that much of a nuisance (unless I happen to be in the middle of writing up a response), but again when it comes to videos and podcasts, it's just too much of a risk to flag posts.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yep, I experienced this too. I'm using Chrome on a Mac OSX Mavericks.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#11  Edited By audioBusting

It's happening again! The links are not AJAX! (Tagging @jslack to continue from previous thread).

This time it's for flagging the Zynga spam comment (page 2) on the Garden Warfare Quick Look, though it's the same with any comments if they are not on page 1. If the flags worked anyway, sorry for flagging random posts on page 2 =P

Also for some reason I could moderate my own comment on the same page, which I accidentally did and now it's gone...

Edit: oh and while I'm at it, while I was looking for threads to test this issue, I found that page 4645-4654 of the forums are empty. It's minor but I might as well report it together.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike

@rorie: Try deleting a video comment that is on the first page - then try deleting one on any subsequent page. On anything but the first page of comments, a deletion will cause a page reload.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By rorie

OK, thanks - good to know that it's only non-first-pagers. I wasn't able to replicate this before but I'll update the bug.