Forum posts taking forever to post.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yup, It's pretty damn awful. Like multiple minutes to post a message.
I found that if i just move on it'll say an error has happened but it'll post the message still. So yeah.

It's still completely bumming me out.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yup.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been going on for a very long time, getting kind of crazy.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

And the forum filters don't work, and the reply notifications are broken, and things get automatically double posted all the time, and posting attempts sometimes timeout, and we for some reason have to be told that someone deleted their post, etc.

The forums on this site really have gone downhill lately. :(

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

Alexis was on the livestream a while ago and said that they're a few weeks from hopefully launching GameSpot. Then they'll return to focusing on fixing everything busted on Giant Bomb.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@hailinel said:

Alexis was on the livestream a while ago and said that they're a few weeks from hopefully launching GameSpot. Then they'll return to focusing on fixing everything busted on Giant Bomb.

What's happening with gamespot?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hailinel

@hailinel said:

They're giving GameSpot a completely redesigned site based on the same code that was used for the new Giant Bomb and Comic Vine.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By falserelic

@hailinel said:

@falserelic said:

@hailinel said:

They're giving GameSpot a completely redesigned site based on the same code that was used for the new Giant Bomb and Comic Vine.

Hopefully gamespot doesn't get the same technical issues as GB.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@falserelic said:

@hailinel said:

Hopefully gamespot doesn't get the same technical issues as GB.

GameSpot's issues will mostly be PR-related. They're dropping code that they had been building on for fifteen years for something fresh, and a number of community features are being dropped as a result.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By bigjeffrey
  • Hit post reply
  • Refresh seconds after
  • Post will be posted
Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I literally can not make a comment on any video recently

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting multiple posts per Post Reply button pressed. I pressed the button once and got three posts in row with the message that I posted too many posts in a row. I'm dreading pressing the Post Reply button now...

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By SeanCoughing

There seems to be A LOT of problems on the site lately (no chat for some, resuming a video from a saved position not working, subscriber videos page not updating etc.) I get that Alexis is working double duty but damn is this site a bummer right now. EDIT: this post went up right away, earlier when I posted from mobile I had the long post issue for what its worth.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14 chaser324  Moderator

@seancoughing: I don't know that Alexis would be the one to fix these issues anyway. He's more of a front end designer. Guys like @mrpibb and @ltsquigs do more of the backend engineering work.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I've found that while the little Bomb Head thing that suggests you are waiting for your post to finish stays there for ages, the message is actually posting quicker. Like, I opened the last page of a thread while the icon was still there and could see my post, even though I had no confirmation my post had gone through yet. So maybe it's just a visual glitch rather than the comment taking ages to post?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I wonder why settle on a site redesign that drops features? That's like building a new PC that looks nicer but doesn't have any USB slots or a CD ROM drive. Also the whole concept of GameSpot, a significantly larger site and staff, taking people from the minimally staffed GB to work on their website redesign is baffling. I hate complaining every time this comes up but as hard as they're working I'm sure they can understand how frustrating this is from the user perspective.