Framerate hitching on embiggened and fullscreen videos

ComradeLarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ComradeLarko

Does anyone else experience a significant drop in framerate when you embiggen or fullscreen videos? Plays incredibly smoothly at the smaller size but the moment i enlarge it struuuugles like a mofo.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What browser are you using? I use Maxthon and get the same issues but when I click fullscreen, I'm still able to access my taskbar but it plays correctly in the latest version of Chrome for me.

Zendath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zendath

I'm having the same issue with Google Chrome, full screen and full window both drops a significant amount of frames to the point where it's just unbearable to watch.

Avatar image for theotherbelmont
theotherbelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having the same issue as well with Google Chrome version 25.0.1364.152m on a Windows 7 PC, which is odd because I was able to watch videos with no problems on Saturday, 3/2. The video plays smoothly when its on the smaller, default size that is on the page, but as soon as I go fullscreen, its slows down considerably.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. Videos are unwatchable for me because they are so laggy.

ComradeLarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ComradeLarko

I'm using Google Chrome Version 25.0.1364.97m on Win7.

The opening of the SimCity Quick Look makes for an excellent comparison. Smooth as when small, choppy and gif-like when full-screened. Watching vids on my HDTV is unbearable because of this.

Soulblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm having this issue in Chrome Version 25.0.1364.97 m as well. It's fine with Embiggen mode on, but as soon as I go fullscreen the FPS drops significantly. In Embiggen mode I get a steady 30fps (I usually have FRAPS running by default on my PC) and when I go fullscreen it drops to around 15-20, which is choppy and lame. I don't get the same problem when I go fullscreen on Youtube, for example, so there must be some issue with the browser and/or the player.

Eboria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I'm having the exact same issue but I can report that it tends to hitch up for me as well when I go fullscreen, and I'm running Firefox 19.0 on Win7.

zawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same issue as the above posters here.

Chrome Version 25.0.1364.152 m

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any word on this? It's making videos unwatchable.

voltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same problem here. Have to use youtube to watch quick looks. But you can't watch member only videos from youtube so I hope you fix this asap.

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exact same problem

Nigglenummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had this problem with chrome version Version 25.0.1364.97 m. I updated chrome to version 25.0.1364.160 m and the full screen videos seem to work fine with no frame rate problems. Press the "customize and control" button in the top right of the browser, then go to "About Google Chrome", and it will auto-update.

Avatar image for theotherbelmont
theotherbelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By theotherbelmont

I had this problem with chrome version Version 25.0.1364.97 m. I updated chrome to version 25.0.1364.160 m and the full screen videos seem to work fine with no frame rate problems. Press the "customize and control" button in the top right of the browser, then go to "About Google Chrome", and it will auto-update.

I just wanted to report this has fixed the issue for me as well.

zawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems to be fixed here too. Will do some more testing.

mr187uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm having issues with Full Screen/Windowed play back and it seems to only have occurred in the last week.

I've ruled out my Macbook as it also happens on my other Win7 Laptop, I'm also on a 70MBPS (Wireless N 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ) internet connection and other HD content streams fine.

Chrome, Firefox and IE are all having playback issues. All the latest versions.

Is this a GB issue or a update to a browser/plugin that has caused this issue that just doesn't seem to effect any other site?

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@nigglenummy said:

I just wanted to report this has fixed the issue for me as well.

Yeah 25.0.1364.97 m seems to have had a bug in there. Fixed.