GB video volume keeps decreasing, soon to be inaudible.

• 56 results
gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@superdomino: I thought that specifically related to the UPF set, not the quick look rooms. Nice to know either way.

Spellbot5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My issue is volume levels are different in so many vids now. It was bad enough when there was a difference between the volume levels on GBWest and GBEast vids, but lately it seems like every single video that they put out these days has a different audio level.

Considering your business is video content, kind unprofessional.

Spellbot5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I generally don't get to watch the live stuff while it's happening, so it's all the finished vids for me.

It started with a big difference between the GBWest and GBEast vids. It was annoying, but I chalked it up to teething problems with the GBEast offices when they first started. But it's still happening, and as I said, it seems to be creeping into all their videos to one degree or another, recorded in both offices. It's not a huge difference in audio levels, but just enough where I generally have to adjust the volume level on every video now to get it at a comfortable level. It's especially noticeable though with the "Quick-Look" logo screen at the beginning of every vid, where sometime it shows fine, and then another video it's blaring.

doublezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By doublezero

I don't know what Giant Bomb's recording setup is, but what I would suggest is recording the commentary and game audio to separate tracks.

In fact, I would probably record each person's mic to a separate track.

Then run it all through an R128-compliant volume leveling tool, and after that, turn down the game audio an additional 6dB, or whatever you decide is a suitable level.

That should ensure a consistent level of production across all videos.

mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By mithhunter55

@spellbot5000: I don't see how it can be that annoying. I am changing my volume every time I go to a different website, video or game. Probably adjust my volume hundreds of times a day. I never have an issue of things being to quiet. Though I do have to max my ipod volume for UPF, which is also only an issue if you ever forget before you put music on. My laptop has a software amp, and I use an amp for my desktop.