Having issues trying to download from Giantbomb

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Am I the only person having trouble downloading this? I've tried 3 times with the first download saying it finished its download when it only finished 150mb. Second 15.8mb. Third 50mb.

Also when I try to download videos (I live in the country so streaming is frustrating.. and for every failed attempt it eats my very limited bandwith...) it usually gave me a fairly accurate time but lately and only for Gaintbomb downloads it'll go for a bit and than just pause and stop receiving any data. So I'll be downloading at a semi decent speed to just nothing. This pause seems to be getting far worse and lasting longer. To the point that the downtime between actual receiving data and my comp just sitting there waiting for data from giantbomb has become very one sided of just sitting and waiting.

I've had a simply Download estimate 45 mins - 1 hour start jumping randomly to 17 hours and even multiple days. That is if the download is actually downloading at all.

So is this happening to anyone else?.. Also as I write this the fourth attempt failed to download more than a 100 mb before saying that the download is complete. This is truly frustrating as I have a very limited download capacity and for every failed attempt is a complete waste of my time but worse is the fact that it wastes the amount that i can download before getting charged exorbitant fees and this is the only site I have these download issues...

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@mason20 said:

Am I the only person having trouble downloading this? I've tried 3 times with the first download saying it finished its download when it only finished 150mb. Second 15.8mb. Third 50mb.

Also when I try to download videos (I live in the country so streaming is frustrating.. and for every failed attempt it eats my very limited bandwith...) it usually gave me a fairly accurate time but lately and only for Gaintbomb downloads it'll go for a bit and than just pause and stop receiving any data. So I'll be downloading at a semi decent speed to just nothing. This pause seems to be getting far worse and lasting longer. To the point that the downtime between actual receiving data and my comp just sitting there waiting for data from giantbomb has become very one sided of just sitting and waiting.

I've had a simply Download estimate 45 mins - 1 hour start jumping randomly to 17 hours and even multiple days. That is if the download is actually downloading at all.

So is this happening to anyone else?.. Also as I write this the fourth attempt failed to download more than a 100 mb before saying that the download is complete. This is truly frustrating as I have a very limited download capacity and for every failed attempt is a complete waste of my time but worse is the fact that it wastes the amount that i can download before getting charged exorbitant fees and this is the only site I have these download issues...

Hmm, sorry for the issues. It sounds like you might be having an inconsistent connection to our DNS (akamai). Are you just using a browser download, or have you tried a download manager like jdownloader? A good download manager should be able to automatically resume downloads when they're cut off and save you some of that bandwidth.

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Thank you! I have checked out jdownloader and that has helped beautifully. Also yes I was using the browser download since it worked when I had a decent internet connection and I do apologize if I may have sounded a bit like I was ranting.

Keep up the great work Rorie and thank you yet again!