iOS 8 Airplay Button Missing

robthefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders. I noticed a small bug with the latest update to iOS 8. I use the giant bomb app non stop to watch content on my apple TV. Giant bomb has pretty much replaced my need for television.

I wanted to inform you of a bug where the little square button that indicates that you can broadcast to Apple TV is missing after the update to iOS 8.

If anyone else is experiencing this, there's a work around. Just pull up the bottom menu by swiping up from the bottom, and choose "Airplay" from that configuration screen.

laika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you're talking about Giant Bomb Video Buddy, @soup_menu is the guy to ask. (That's an unofficial app.)

kadaju86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe that is the way Airplay is working on iOS 8. Watching videos downloaded from iTunes streamed from my iPad to my Apple TV I need to pull up the bottom menu as well, the box icon is gone from the Apple apps as well.

soup_menu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for sending up the bat-signal, @laika.

@robthefrog I've been pretty swamped lately, so I haven't had a chance to really test out how GBVB performs under iOS8, but I do vaguely recall seeing that behavior in the betas. At this point I'm not sure if it's a bug or how things are intended to work in iOS8, but either way I definitely appreciate the report. I'll add investigating this to my to-do list. Thanks!