ipod touch - adverts automatically selected

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi,

Just wanted to report this issue. When I visit giantbomb.com or giantbomb.com/forum (or forums, whichever the link is) the adverts seem to be automatically loading as if I have selected them. Essentially this leads to the page not loading and me getting sent to the app store for bet apps and the like (none of which interest me). I use iOS 6 and this is using Safari on an iPod touch 4th generation (I think its a fourth generation one anyway).

This does not happen on any other sites and has only started happening today.

Thanks.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@johnlocke: Ah crappy. Remember which ad was causing problems? Will look into this on my ipad.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jslack: Sorry for the long time to respond. I tried the site again this morning on my ipod and it worked fine. Essentially when I was loading any pages as soon as the site page loaded I would get instantly pushed to the app store for Bet365 or Sky Bet apps from the Apple App store. I assume there was betting adverts on the pages as they did not show any when loading (I do not sign in on my ipod thus having adverts in the first place).

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@johnlocke: Ya sounds like a bad ad. We can report those ads internal to have them removed. So if that kind of thing happens again, feel free to post specifics. Companies always try to slip shady shit through.