No notifications when replied to in forums

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

When someone replies to me in the forums (quoting or with the @ thingy) I don't get a mail notification at the top of the Giant Bomb page (not email I mean).

I need to know when dumb kids called me a dickhead or I'll never have chance to say "nuhhh uhhhhh" to them.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Check that notifications are turned on in your settings. They were legitimately broken a while back, then fixed, but fixing them seemed to have turned them off for some users.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@pandabear: Yep, looks like the notifications are turned off in your settings. Switch them back on and they should work correctly.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@rorie said:

@pandabear: Yep, looks like the notifications are turned off in your settings. Switch them back on and they should work correctly.

I am a fool. Thanks for the help!

Be on the Bombcast again.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@rorie: Probably not the right thing to do in bumping this thread with a slightly-related issue, but here's mine: notifications work fine for me when I'm replied/quoted, but not when someone manually types @ajamafalous . I've seen 2-3 threads/blogs that I'd looked at and found that someone had manually @-replied me but which I had received no notification for.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I actually did get that one; weird. Maybe it's been fixed within the last ~week or so?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous: Dunno, maybe! If people just type out @ajamafalous without actually using the pop-up tool for linking it to you, that won't work, obviously.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

@ajamafalous: Dunno, maybe! If people just type out @ajamafalous without actually using the pop-up tool for linking it to you, that won't work, obviously.

Yeah, I kinda figured that much. Specifically, it was this thread and this blog that I didn't receive notifications for.