Notifications linking to the wrong places

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By hassun

Recently I've been experiencing problems with the notification system on Giant Bomb. Clicking on the links to the messages in the top right "your notifications" tab doesn't always direct me to the correct place on the site. When I hover over the link, I can even see the link is wrong.

Here is an example:

No Caption Provided
  • When I hover over the SPCTRE notification I can see it's just going to link me to the page I am already on. (If I do this on another page, the link will change to that page.)
  • As you can see the actual mention was posted in the "Rise of the Tomb Raider Review" comments section.
  • All those horizontal lines in the activity feed are new as well as far as I can tell.
  • This error has only started appearing recently and I have no made any significant changes to my software but let me know if ad/script blockers could be the culprit.
wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wcarle

@hassun: A fix for this went out yesterday so it should be good now, let me know if you're still having problems

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hassun

@wcarle: I'm still getting it for previous notifications. Is it supposed to work retroactively or only for new notifications?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wcarle:

Update: Just had it happen with a newer notification as well so the issue is still unresolved.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#5  Edited By Slag

Same thing happens to me. Using latest version of Chrome.

only for replies to forum comments. Blog notifications work fine.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bummer, I was told it was fixed. Stop lyin' to me @frobie

I'll take another look