Podcasts / Reviews showing up in forums

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

There's been a weird issue ever since Austin joined, that sort of looks like a bug?

Normally, non-news / editorial content doesn't show up on the forums, in other words they don't create a thread. Podcasts posted by the staff shows up in their usual section, as do reviews, as do trailers and other videos.

Not the case with Austin. His Interview Dumptrucks Giant Bomb Presents podcasts create a forum thread for themselves, as did the Galak-Z review.

It might have something to do with his recent hiring, but I can't remember this happening when Dan and Jason joined.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2 FinalDasa  Moderator

Not sure if this is a bug or not. There is probably an option in the CMS that can have an article or front page post also appear in the forums.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

I wouldn't go so far as to call this a bug, either. I like having that stuff show up on the forums.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@Mike:I can see it being a bit easier to browse / moderate when everything is in one place... But I dread seeing that happen during a big event like E3 and seeing every trailer get a forum thread.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

@gaff said:

...I dread seeing that happen during a big event like E3 and seeing every trailer get a forum thread.

That's kind of a far cry from having a few articles or podcasts attached to the forums, don't you think? I mean the guys have options where to post content to, I have faith that they are all smart enough not to cross post every single thing to the forums. I think you may be overthinking this one.