Premium access not disappearing..?

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By excast

I've been a subscriber off and on since the end of last year. I purchased my first in order to check out the Load Our Last Souls streams and have been happy with both the quality and the quantity of the content. You guys are doing a great job. One thing is bothering me a little though.

You see, I've only purchased monthly and even then it's only when access actually gets removed. My first month lasted 2 weeks longer than it should have. I was told that is the normal grace period. Fine, that's cool and I appreciate it.

My second month should have ended on February 8th. Here we sit on March 8th and I still have access to all of the premium content. I'm not sure, but I am guessing this is not working as intended. After speaking with a few others on Jeff's Mixlr stream it sounds as if this might not be an isolated thing.

I guess what it comes down to is that while I am sure all of the Giantbomb guys are doing much better financially than I am, and I certainly appreciate the access to all of the premium content, I don't like feeling that I am taking something for free that is not intended. I'm a little concerned that there may be some kind of bug in your system or something.

Has anyone else here had the same thing happen to them?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have sometimes heard that users receive a few extra days of premium service once their subscription ends but not a full month.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have sometimes heard that users receive a few extra days of premium service once their subscription ends but not a full month.

Yeah. The first time my subscription ran out I was told there is a 1 week grace period. It ended up being 2 weeks. The second time it has now been a month.

And while I am usually not averse to getting free things, at a point it does start to feel almost like theft.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By excast

Taking a quick glance over the last month in this forum I don't see anyone making a similar report. So maybe it is just me? Though that doesn't really seem to explain others telling me they have experienced the same thing. And where there are a few, chances are there might be a lot more.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I've heard from a few people about this. I'll file a bug for it and see if someone can take a look. Thanks for the heads up!

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By excast

Not a problem. I hope the top men are able to figure out what's going on.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a head's up, but it seems like the access was finally removed this morning. I hope that whatever bug was causing it was fixed.