Premium Podcast in iTunes Not Working?

Skywarpgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Skywarpgold

I'm trying to subscribe to the premium podcast RSS feed in iTunes, but it doesn't seem to be working. I get prompted to enter my login information, but it doesn't seem to take it. I noticed it's asking me to log in to www.giantbomb.com rather than auth.giantbomb.com, but maybe I'm entering the incorrect RSS url?

No Caption Provided

I'm entering the URL provided on the podcast page: http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premium/. Is there a different one that needs to be used in iTunes though?

Thanks!

EDIT: Note that I've tried both my username and email address, and neither seem to work.

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Try unchecking "Remember password".

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Skywarpgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Skywarpgold

@rorie: Hmm, that works in a web browser, but iTunes is giving me a 500 error, although I have a hunch I know what the issue is now. I'm going to try something.

EDIT: OK, the problem was that my password had special characters in it, specifically an at sign (@) and an exclamation point (!). I changed my password to use only letters and numbers, and now the URL you provided works like a charm. Thanks Rorie!!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Yeah, iTunes has some weird rules when it comes to passwords, unfortunately. For being the biggest podcast platform out there it does not support authenticated feeds very well, unfortunately.

Skywarpgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, you'd think they'd get on that. Oh well, it's working now, and that's all I need. Thanks again!