• 56 results
fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 75

#51  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@monkeyman1138: Do you also happen to have to use a 32-bit version of iTunes? I saw you saying you also use 12.1.3.6 which is their final 32-bit version. I'm starting to think this may be some kind of SSL/TLS version problem, where that version can't handle current https encryption anymore? The iTunes version is from 2015 after all, and the most recent version of TLS, 1.3, seems to be from 2018, so it may not support that.

Still find it really weird that a current version of Google Play Music can't download the podcast either, but if we both use the same version of iTunes and have that problem, that may at least be part of the problem.

Monkeyman1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes that is the version I use.

Monkeyman1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monkeyman1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another bump, another reminder that this is still an issue, I hate to nag, but as a premium subscriber am getting very frustrated, particuarly as it doesn't seem like "Will" (I assume the tech guy) has even looked into it yet.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By rorie

Another bump, another reminder that this is still an issue, I hate to nag, but as a premium subscriber am getting very frustrated, particuarly as it doesn't seem like "Will" (I assume the tech guy) has even looked into it yet.

Hey, apologies for the slow progress on this, but I've re-pinged Will to look into now that we know it's restricted to the older iTunes versions. I can't guarantee that we'll be able to fix it if it's a security issue that's unsupported in the older iTunes, but hopefully he'll be able to say for sure.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

According to Will this is a limitation of that version of iTunes unfortunately and won't be something we'll be able to resolve:

This is most likely because of the tls version 1.2 limitations. Old versions of itunes cannot process requests made via tls 1.0. For security reasons we have disabled tls 1.0.

Security experts recommend disabling TLS 1.0: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security/solving-tls1-problem

Unfortunately we will not be able to fix this issue as tls 1.2 is a requirement for us