Q: How do I break out of Quotes????

ImBigInJapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ImBigInJapan

This may not be a bug, I may just be dumb.

I'm on Chrome v38

When I quote a user in the forum I can't seem to figure out how to get out of the quote block. My cursor lands underneath the quote but to the right of the vertical line that appears. I can't seem to find a keystroke to break out of that block so my response is not indented into the quoteblock. Hitting enter just extends the quote block and the indent buttons don't shift me any further to the left, and I can't seem to click my cursor out below the line. Like I said I am probably just being dense. I seem to be able to get out of the block by Editing but that's not ideal.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

You can use the quote option in the menu.

Select the text of your response, and click on the quote option, and your text will be unquoted.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I'm on Chrome v38

When I quote a user in the forum I can't seem to figure out how to get out of the quote block. My cursor lands underneath the quote but to the right of the vertical line that appears. I can't seem to find a keystroke to break out of that block so my response is not indented into the quoteblock. Hitting enter just extends the quote block and the indent buttons don't shift me any further to the left, and I can't seem to click my cursor out below the line. Like I said I am probably just being dense. I seem to be able to get out of the block by Editing but that's not ideal.

You are not dense it happens to me all the time.

Here's my workaround if it helps. What I usually do is type some of what I plan to write first, Place the cursor at the very beginning of my writing, Hit enter,leave the cursor in the new now first blank line and then hit Quote.

ImBigInJapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@slag said:
@imbiginjapan said:

I'm on Chrome v38

Here's my workaround if it helps. What I usually do is type some of what I plan to write first, Place the cursor at the very beginning of my writing, Hit enter,leave the cursor in the new now first blank line and then hit Quote.

Gotcha. Type response first, then edit quote.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@slag said:
@imbiginjapan said:

I'm on Chrome v38

I deal with it this way as well

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I usually leave an extra break below the quoted thing so when I add a quote when I hit down arrow it will leave the quote box.