Re: Subscription sale extensions

• 76 results
jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@brad_schl: Hey there. I've taken a look at your account, and you are in good standing. As far as renewal goes, there's currently an issue with some accounts, and it seems to be affecting yours. We hope to have a fix in place shortly so you'll be able to extend your account at the discounted rate. Don't worry, we'll make sure you get the discounted rate if it happens to take longer than expected to fix. We are hoping to have your account fixed tomorrow.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rorie So i've done the extension (twice) but it still says aug 2015 and i haven't been charged at all,and i don't see any record of my payment info to make sure. So is it just going to automatically renew at the discount? or am I just stuck at full price because of when my sub ends. Also I originally signed up with the t-shirt deal if that makes a difference.

Avatar image for theotherbelmont
theotherbelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just wanted to report that I was getting the same 403 Forbidden error on the same page as brad_schl when I attempt to extend my subscription at the discount price, but I am not too sure about my premium membership expiration date (sorry for not keeping that email). If my account is one of many having the same issue and part of some big fix taking place soon then just disregard this post and I will just hang tight until the fix is done. I just mainly wanted to report this so its on record.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theotherbelmont: Hey there, yes it looks like you are apart of the same batch. Your subscription will not lapse, so you are good to go until the fix is in. Please contact us if anything happens to your account status or if you have any questions. Another developer has been working on this, and we are hoping that the fix goes out soon(tm).

pixeldreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By pixeldreams

I seem to also be under the "bad batch". On my billing page, it states I am a free user, but the yearly sub is my current plan, even though I actually am a monthly subscriber. Any time I try to go to the update billing page, I am also hit with the 403 Forbidden error.

I wanted to get a year sub at the sale price, but wasn't sure if it would take considering it's not seeing my current subscription.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpgsquared: Yes, looks like you have an account that is awaiting some migration. We will fix up your account, and then you'll be able to add on the year sub at the sale price.

Creme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Creme

So, I can't upgrade because it says the transaction was declined. I'm using the exact same method for upgrading as I did last time with MasterCard. Anyone else or am I just unlucky?

If I follow Rorie's link, I get a 403 error.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cakebomb: You aren't the only one, sorry about that. We hope that accounts like yours are cleaned up shortly. In the mean time, if you contact support[at]giantbomb.com you can choose to paypal in the meantime, so you can get immediate access, and use the sale price.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a question!

My account is set to renew on the 15th. Will I still be paying $35 when it renews, or will I be paying more? Should I pay now or can I wait?

Sorry for the dumb question!

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onlykris: It looks like you have not purchased the discounted subscription, so it would renew at the regular price. If you want the discounted price, you should do it now (and if there is an error when you try, email support[at]giantbomb.com that you want to do it).

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wa27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the expiry date on https://auth.giantbomb.com/billing/reactivate supposed to be accurate now? Mine says May 15 2015 but it should be May 15 2016 because I bought an extension in November. I worry that my problem is different from the problems people were having during this sale.

Creme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Creme

So I used the Giant Bomb Emporium link and used PayPal to upgrade, but was given an error.

However, I used my regular MasterCard on that page and I was successful, I think. Weird.

EDIT: It's been some days now. Does the subscription take time or has something gone wrong with mine? The money has been taken from what I can tell.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By LeStephan

So I did bought a year extention too during the BLSL but it still says 8 august 2015 as expiration date like before. I got rories email saying it might take a few days for everyone extending their subscriptions through paypal, is that still going on?

EDIT: oh and I used paypal

Griffinmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By Griffinmills

If I recall correctly, on the most recent Unprofessional Fridays, Rorie has asked for a few more days to work on fixing these issues. I'm having the same issue, grabbed an extra year during BLLSL but it still says ending Jan 2016 on billing page which logically can't be correct.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, he said he had ~300 to get through still.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone confirm that once the additional year has been processed, our accounts will receive an email. (I'm not in a rush)

Avatar image for theotherbelmont
theotherbelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So since the extend subscription option is working now on my billing page, is there going to be anyway for me to still get access to the $35 special since I couldn't access it during the time of the sale? In hindsight, I probably should have just gotten an extension via the PayPal option but wasn't sure if that would complicate things with my account in the middle of the fixes that were going on.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theotherbelmont: Yep! Email support[at]giantbomb. Doing it via paypal won't complicate things, so thats a fine option too.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepullquotes: Emails might be delayed at this moment, and are not necessarily reliable. We have a fix coming that will allow you to see your updated date in your billing page (should be live tomorrow). Otherwise, I can PM you your details if you need it this moment.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack said:

@thepullquotes: Emails might be delayed at this moment, and are not necessarily reliable. We have a fix coming that will allow you to see your updated date in your billing page (should be live tomorrow). Otherwise, I can PM you your details if you need it this moment.

I'm fine Joe, I was just wondering how I could check it(when I've been looking, I've looked at the change payment screen)

Creme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any news? I'm still not a member :(.

DonMFJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DonMFJohnson

Upgraded from monthly to yearly, was billed a couple of days ago but my icon still shows a silvery medal. Will it update to goldie automatically or does someone need to jiggle the handles or fiddle the knobs?

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cakebomb said:

Any news? I'm still not a member :(.

Email support[at]giantbomb.com

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmfjohnson: There ya go :)

@cakebomb As YoThatLimp said, just hit up support[at]giantbomb and tell Rorie what you are looking for.

Creme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Problem solved.

Thanks for the speedy resolve Rorie!