Roku streaming - constant buffering, which takes a long time

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Past couple of weeks streaming Giantbomb on the Roku has been horrible for me - about 2 minutes into any video it goes into buffering mode and it can take almost a minute before the buffering completes, only to happen again a few minutes later.

No such issue on other Roku channels and watching the videos via a web browser works fine. ISP is Comcast.

Anyone have similar issues? Does the Roku app use different urls than the website and if so is there a test url I can check out perhaps?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By rorie

Maybe @frobie may know something.

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've given up on playing stuff through the Roku app for that exact same reason.

Avatar image for madscientistcat
madscientistcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By madscientistcat

Just wanted to bump this - I've been having the exact same problem with the Giant Bomb app on my Roku. Constant buffering, loads sloooowly into some very low quality video for the couple minutes it will work. Then the video will usually crash to the previous screen and then none of the play buttons work and I have to back all the way out to the main Roku screen and restart the app to interact with it again. That used to happen rarely until a few weeks ago when it started happening every couple minutes :( I have 25mbs internet and can watch netflix/hbo/amazon videos on Roku in HD quality just fine. I know everyone is busy and working hard and I can watch videos work on my iPad, but I miss GB on the big screen!