The edit link dissappear on mobile.

michaeleconomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I’m not able to edit wiki pages on mobile, looks like the edit link disappears on snaller width browsers. Is there a workaround other than: use a laptop?

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#2 Marino  Staff

That's working as intended. Editing isn't feasible on smaller resolutions.

Also, as stated in your other thread, there isn't a mobile version of the site. The site scales to the size of your screen.

michaeleconomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for responding. I know the wikipedia allows editing on mobile. I find it frustrating when i see a small error, and have to go boot up my laptop just to do a small change. I tend to disagree that editing isn’t feasable on mobile, but hey, it’s not my site.

Another related case study is yelp, they initially didn’t allow you to post reviews from a mobile app (i believe the thinking was that users are more ‘careful’ about typos on a ‘real’ computer), but after a couple of years they changed it so you can now add reviews from mobile devices.

michaeleconomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another ‘disappearing’ piece of content on mobile is the status field on the user/wiki edits table. From my iphone, i can’t tell if my wiki edits have been accepted, or rejected, etc.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@michaeleconomy: If you’re using Chrome, you can use “Request Desktop Site” to make the edit button appear and go to town. However, I think it might only work on tablets.