Video Problems? Get in here!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thecuza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By thecuza

I've got the same issues as Spectral.

Also, videos used to remember what my quality settings were. If I picked HD then all videos would play in HD by default. It stopped doing this a couple of months ago and now every video plays in Auto by default. I have to change it to HD every time, even if I'm resuming a video from a saved position.

EDIT: Okay, videos seem to be defaulting to HD for me again. I don't know if someone fixed it or if it fixed itself.

EDIT 2: ...And it's gone back to Auto again.

flagrama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chrome: I'm constantly unable to play videos. The play button and video player never appear for me.

FireFox 47: HTML 5 video player stutters like crazy. Right-click > View video gives me the video file playing fine in FireFox's default player. I'll try with an updated FireFox 48 at some later point.

Jellybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@spectral said:

I'm having a few issues with videos at the moment. Flash works fine except that for some reason I have a general issue where most flash videos on any site seem to have the picture freeze for a second or so now and then while the sound continues. Specific to GB though I have major issues with the HTML5 player. Sometimes videos simply don't start. When they do they generally continue to play fine unless I use the seek bar to move forwards/backwards. When I do it jumps to that location plays for about half a second then freezes. I have to refresh the whole page to get any further response from the player.

Edit: I should add this is in firefox

Having the same issues with Firefox. Chrome is working fine though.

SolarFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I watch videos in Firefox - full screen - any time I hover over them with the mouse they start lagging/stuttering. No problems in chrome.

This started happening recently, probably after that big windows 10 update.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Getting some weird interference on live streams for the past week or so It's only a couple pixels high and will come and go as it pleases.

Chrome Version 53.0.2785.70 beta-m (64-bit)

FireFox Developer Edition (Aurora Channel) 50.0a2 (2016-08-22)

OskarSchindler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By OskarSchindler

Video wont start, tried multiple videos, tried chrome and firefox, cleared cache and cookies. Just clicked download for now and I'm watching it that way.

EDIT - Fixed, after viewing it as a download, it reset something. I'm guessing the error was caused by it caching the "resuming video where you left off" feature? maybe something was stuck. Anyway, back to metal gear scanlon.

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#307  Edited By gamerpigeon

I've been getting a white screen and no video in Chrome? Anyone else having this issue, it's not just on Giant Bomb though.

kidzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By kidzombie

I'm getting a similar issue. When I go to watch a video, the video player doesn't show up for me. Odd since I was using Chrome yesterday and the player was working fine.

Edit: The player works for me again. But now I am missing buttons on the player.

No Caption Provided

Edit #2: I uninstalled and did a clean install of Chrome now it works fine.

Falk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#309  Edited By Falk

Similar issues as the previous post. If I go to either the videos or podcasts tab I get a red banner up top saying "Whoops! Something happened and we are working on it!". The video player doesn't load at all when I'm logged in. If I log out it shows up sporadically but then I obviously can't watch the premium stuff.

Edit: Reinstalling Chrome solved it.

Avatar image for thirtiethtwelve
Pathos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The video player doesn't work in Chrome Beta (Version 54.0.2840.27 beta-m (64-bit)), but works in Microsoft Edge (Version 38.14393.0.0).

Instead of the player showing up, I see the background image and a red banner that reads "Whoops! Something happened and we are working on it!".

I will try reinstalling Chrome.

pocketmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're using pi-hole, you'll have issues getting video to work on the site. I recommend adding the following domains to the whitelist, but you're welcome to experiment.

giantbomb.com
static.giantbomb.com
vidtech.cbsinteractive.com
om.cbsi.com
hdv.giantbomb.com
dw.cbsi.com
Pozxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By Pozxz

I have an issue with the Giant Bomb app on my Roku 3. The problem occurs with latest two videos from GB West; "Quick Look: Hitman: Episode 5: Colorado" and "Unfinished: Dishonored 2 09/29/2016".

The video and audio desync. The video varies between a choppy and normal framerate while the audio plays normally. This causes the audio and video get more and more desynced over time.

Anyone else have this issue? The GB East videos have no problem. Is there some new encoding method being used on GB West that would cause this?

Thanks.

Edit: It looks like the newest GB West video; "Quick Look: Lichtspeer" works properly. I'll post again if the issue comes appears in later videos.

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By vdortizo

Hi guys, I've found an issue with the video player: After five or more minutes of playback the audio and video will lose sync forcing me to reload the webpage; so far I've encountered this with "Metal Gear Scanlon" parts 01 & 02. Not a huge issue, but it's annoying to have to reload the page every ten minutes.

Bye!!

Edit: Forgot, I'm using Chrome 53.0.2786143 m (64-bit) and the HTML 5 player.

Ghostface318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#314  Edited By Ghostface318

@pozo: just to chime in - been having the same issue on the Roku 3. The videos mentioned are desynched for me as well, as well as the latest Vinnyvania.

The same videos that can play over the YouTube app work fine, for what it is worth.

windh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By windh

Hi. All of a sudden I only get the 'error message's when trying to play any video through the GB Video Buddy Android (Marshmallow) app. It worked just fine a few days ago.

Any ideas?

harperdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Safari Version 10.0.1 (12602.2.14.0.7). I could watch videos last night as normal; this morning, multiple videos only say "Please use a Flash-capable browser" and don't allow me to interact with them in any way. I am using current Safari's ability to manage Flash, but I've either allowed it for GB or it hasn't been an issue. And, like I said, video was working perfectly less than 12 hours ago.

hach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harperdc said:

Safari Version 10.0.1 (12602.2.14.0.7). I could watch videos last night as normal; this morning, multiple videos only say "Please use a Flash-capable browser" and don't allow me to interact with them in any way. I am using current Safari's ability to manage Flash, but I've either allowed it for GB or it hasn't been an issue. And, like I said, video was working perfectly less than 12 hours ago.

Hey how about trying this

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/new-video-player-beta-1803910/#33

jaxxiczek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#318  Edited By jaxxiczek
No Caption Provided

Tried going full screen, then back, this happened. Latest MacOS & Safari stable builds.

vasari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using the Fill Browser option in Chrome OSX (10.10.5) seems to make the video larger than the browser window. The video is cut off at the bottom (i.e. I'm watching a hitman video and the bottom of the minimap isn't visible at the bottom of the screen). Resizing the window fixes the issue, but unfilling the video after resizing the window makes it look like this:

No Caption Provided
optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Player doesn't load at all anymore on PS4. Currently my only way to watch besides my phone so I'm kinda stuck.

M31SurosOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having the same issue with PS4 no option for HTML5.

matsemann08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@jaxxiczek: Same thing on the newest Chrome and Windows 10.

Jodski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Ok, so all i get is this?

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

@jodski said:
No Caption Provided

Ok, so all i get is this?

I get this on the Xbox One Edge app as well.

robthefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Streaming from video buddy to TV via chromecast, I'm getting annoying intermittent audio stutters. This started happening recently (last three weeks). It's a newer model running 1.21.74816 firmware. I also tried casting it through a URL using a TV Cast app. Same exact problem. This happens with every quality setting. Watching videos with YouTube app works perfectly, but no premium content on YouTube, so... I have 150/150 Mbits connection. Speed tests often exceed this and I get 155/162 on average. No other service is having this audio stutter issue (I.e Netflix, YouTube, twitch, etc) this seems to strictly be videos hosted on giant bomb's servers.

dricas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vasari: I'll chime in and say that I'm having the same issue where filling the browser blows the video up way too big. I actually noticed it while watching the most recent Mario Party Party, so I took some screenshots to help visualize. Here's one of it embiggened:

No Caption Provided

...versus the browser being filled:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, when filled, the bottom half of everyone's head on the bottom shot is cut off. Your trick of resizing the browser window does work as a temporary fix, so thanks for that.

matsemann08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#327  Edited By matsemann08

Soooo, I went back to the old player because of the "staying big after leaving fullscreen" bug, and now I can't see my cursor on the old player in fullscreen mode. The timeline doesn't pop up when I move the cursor either, I have to click "Esc" for the cursor to appear again.

I'm guessing you won't do anything about the old player as that's not the priority, but I thought I'd tell you anyways.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Soooo, I went back to the old player because of the "staying big after leaving fullscreen" bug, and now I can't see my cursor on the old player in fullscreen mode. The timeline doesn't pop up when I move the cursor either, I have to click "Esc" for the cursor to appear again.

I'm guessing you won't do anything about the old player as that's not the priority, but I thought I'd tell you anyways.

I'm having the same problem.

Seraphim84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm watching the Atari Flashback quick look and while the video tries to buffer, it seems to skip a quarter of a second. The buffering icon comes up, then I can see/hear a slight skip. Happens every few minutes for me. No issue when not in beta.

cronen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I've noticed that you no longer the get the 'timeline' at the bottom of the video when in 'fill browser' or 'fullscreen'.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm watching the new video player beta on my phone (Android - Chrome) and the player just crashes to reset every few minutes. It's impossible for me to finish watching a video unless I download it. I'm on a Oneplus 3.

Cantaloup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Live videos (UPF, podcasts, etc.) have not been working on macOS Safari for several weeks. There is a brief 404 message displayed then I get the message about using Flash shown in Jodski's post above. Enabling the beta HTML5 player does not help. Changing the User Agent to iOS allows the video to play, but the video is missing controls by default and other UI elements (like polls) are also missing.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started getting stuck "Loading Video" this week. Never had any problems before. Using Chrome Version 55.0.2883.75 m (64-bit).

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4