Video tagging seems lacking lately (not necessarily a bug, maybe a workflow thing?)

simben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I've looked around at many recent videos and found that most of them no longer list the featured games on the sidebar. I manually added a lot of them and see that, up to a certain limit, they will appear on the list on the tagging window when I check later, but almost never show up on the sidebar itself. Worse, when going to the game pages after they've been linked, it seems like most videos just don't get linked to their games anymore. This will make it pretty annoying for archival purposes when we want to find videos related to current games years down the line (say, if we want to find the stream where the duders initially reacted to the Super Mario RPG remake and SMB Wonder being announced). I've also seen stuff like the Four Swords Adventures page only listing two random episodes of Connectivity Compadres instead of the whole series.

My assumption is that there's a human pair of eyes that reviews these tags and links the videos to the games manually, which would explain the inconsistency (and prevent users from spamming bad tags, which I understand). But that process seems to be happening less rigorously lately. I don't know if some kind of workflow blindspot has developed or what but as a guy who catches up on old games a lot and likes to look up that game's wiki page to find all the videos related to a given game, it seems like it's gonna be hard to come back and do that for 2023 games down the line.

blitzfitness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Very interesting. I noticed the same thing as well and attempted to start adding tags also, and find that they don't show up for me. I assumed I had made some setting that caused them to not show up and/or they don't work anymore. Definitely curious about the situation now.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

I try to add people who are in a video when I see it missing, but I don't think I've ever seen a tag I've added actually surface at all.

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've tried using this feature the first week it was introduced, and since the beginning, I was not able to make any changes. I thought the mod team or someone were reviewing the tags before they showed up on the video, but would check months later, and they never did.