Videos loading even slower than usual

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Streaming on the site gives me crap/medium video quality and I can't use the HTML5 player on this website because I'm using Firefox.

So I use the progressive loading feature. It works okay, usually the download speeds are a bit slow, not reaching 1MB/s but somewhere around 500KB/s or 600KB/s, which suffices. I often have to pause the video at the beginning and wait a bit before starting again in order not to come across any stuttering, but it works.

Today though, videos on this site are loading pretty slowly for me, at a speed usually between 150 KB/s and 300 KB/s on HD with progressive loading, which just isn't fast enough and makes me have to pause the video and wait for it to load for a like a solid minute in order to maybe not come across any stuttering which would make me have to pause and wait again.

I'm just going to lay out a whole lot of information here, because I'm not sure how much of it matters.

• Browser: Firefox v21.0
  • Hardware: 15" Macbook Pro early 2011 model
  • Internet Speed: Really fast, I've noticed download speeds reaching 6.0MB/s while streaming YouTube videos
danlongman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By danlongman

I have noticed the same issue lately. Can play video for 30 seconds then has to buffer for two minutes. Streaming HD to xbmc. Have same issue using html5 on chrome.

Frustrating trying to watch the premium content.

I have 25Mb/s connection. Not using connection for acting else, testing I am getting my full speed. Having no issue with with any other sites

Located in Regina, SK, Canada

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm wired in to ethernet right now on my laptop. Speedtest.net is giving me 60+ Mb/s, but downloading yesterday's Unprofessional Fridays I'm getting 70 Kb/s or less when downloading, and can't stream on High for more than 30 seconds without buffering for a few minutes. I'm on Comcast using Firefox.

Videos have always been bad for me, but I recently switched to the HTML5 player and it's been great, even on HD, but as of the morning (and possibly yesterday as well), it's been atrocious.