What happened to my images?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I've uploaded nearly 5000 images to the site, but my profile says it's 0. When I go into the gallery, too, there aren't any images in there. It only seems to apply to the All Images tag, though, since clicking any other tag actually brings up images.

Chrome and Windows 7.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you don't have an image or a blog, the associated button doesn't appeares on your profile? Is this how the site works? Because you don't even have an 'Images' button on your profile. Weird.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexandersheen:

To be fair, that's how it worked on the old site, too, although there, the blank stuff was relegated to a drop-down menu.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The gallery has been pretty bugged for me as well, I'm not able to delete a good majority of my pictures and it tells me to "check back later". It's the woooooorst.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This appears to apply to "Previous Uploads" when trying to access my gallery from another part of the site (forums or wiki).

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Good timing. We recently pushed this fix (after such a long time). Can you see if your stuff is in now?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

It's definitely there, although now something weird's going on with the galleries (I don't think I have three galleries called "All Images"). Functional, but weird.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just noticed that an hour ago. we'll fix that tomorrow.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By musubi

Ghost Images.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

@mrpibb: I just came here to say my 3000 images, which have been gone since the relaunch, are back! Thank you so much!

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mrpibb
Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Cloudenvy

@mrpibb: I assume you've just restored every image ever uploaded in everyone's gallieries? The sucky side effect of this is that I now have about 1000 images in my gallery I've previously deleted that I don't really want there, as it makes my gallery a million miles long and a chore to go through.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

@mrpibb: I assume you've just restored every image ever uploaded in everyone's gallieries? The sucky side effect of this is that I now have about 1000 images in my gallery I've previously deleted that I don't really want there, as it makes my gallery a million miles long and a chore to go through.

This seems to be the case, although only to a point; any of the new images I upload (which reminds me) don't show up, although clicking the All Images tab does bring some of them up (again, only to a point, though).

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudenvy: do you want me to clear out your list?

@video_game_king: we'll look into it. Can you provide an example of an image you u/l'd that doesn't show up on your list?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

@mrpibb:

A lot of the images I've uploaded in this thread do not show up anywhere in my galleries. I can't even date it accurately, since some pictures from the same set don't show up with each other (the most recent one listed there is not in the same category as the image immediately following it). As I've mentioned before, the cut-off point is different between my generic Images gallery and if I click the All Images tag. I've also noticed this only on my profile, so it may have something to do with the frequency of my uploads (I don't think anybody else uploads as many images on as consistent a basis as I do).

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: thanks, they are attributed to you, but for some reason not linked into your all tags gallery. Are these uploaded via gallery mode? Or just individual uploads? Thanks for helping find the culprit (and I'll get them linked back up once we find the problem).

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpibb:

When I upload each set of screenshots, I choose all 20 in a single go. However, I don't think this is relevant; I've uploaded this screenshot (at the bottom) as one thing, but that didn't affect it getting into my galleries.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: thanks, we'll look into it and hopefully get you linked up soon.