Why Can't I Download Video? (or) Where's My Videos?

Avatar image for themagicfishman
themagicfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Also getting the Jeff error with any video I try to play with GBVB. Just started

CptMaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was using the Giant Bomb Video Buddy app (up to date) this morning (Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, WIFI) and am now getting the Jeff authentication error on every video, same deal after testing with Luchadeer app. Restarted, cleared my cache, re-downloaded the app and re-linked my account and no dice. Using my desktop is fine, all videos load and my API request rate is fine. I've also tried using third-party apps (Default tablet video player, VLC and Dolphin browser player) and still had the same error.

Jetlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My RSS reader downloaded 7 of the E3 trailers today and then after that just error messages. Did I get rate limited because of the trailer dump?

Gracon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had the same thing happen to me and didn't even get to download anything. Saw that I had 24 trailers to download, marked the ones that I didn't need to watch, and the downloaded the 8 I was interested in. Every one was downloaded as the 41 second Jeff error message. I was wondering if E3 was going to break this new stupid system.

Avatar image for the_fart_wizard
the_fart_wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jetlag: I had the same thing happen too. In my case the client I'm using (Miro) makes 3 requests for each video; although I can't see my API limits on http://www.giantbomb.com/api/ currently.

@edgework: Any chance we could get an RSS feed which excludes trailers? I never watch them, but the only way for me to avoid them is to subscribe to 16 separate feeds. Also would it be possible to exclude HEAD requests from the API limit?

Jetlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I use Miro too. I let Plex index my Miro folders so I can watch the videos anywhere. I download everything because I don't have the bandwidth to stream. I hope this be can resolved.

Brazilianrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can confirm that after all the trailers posted on RSS (Pocket Casts) it became error message city.

Please advise.

CanadianCowz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like I'm having the same issues as everyone else. The site works fine, but Pocket Casts just quit this weekend, as well as the GBVB.

@jetlag: I had the same thing happen too. In my case the client I'm using (Miro) makes 3 requests for each video; although I can't see my API limits on http://www.giantbomb.com/api/ currently.

@edgework: Any chance we could get an RSS feed which excludes trailers? I never watch them, but the only way for me to avoid them is to subscribe to 16 separate feeds. Also would it be possible to exclude HEAD requests from the API limit?

I'd second this. I really just want GB original content feed.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Same here, all videos since Sunday have been the error video. :( I also second the request to not include trailers in the main video feed.

tandar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like the error message mishap is back! I had 20 out of 30 videos be error messages and they were all trailers.

itafroma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511  Edited By itafroma

Seems like I'm having the same issues as everyone else. The site works fine, but Pocket Casts just quit this weekend, as well as the GBVB.

@the_fart_wizard said:

I'd second this. I really just want GB original content feed.

Thirding this, especially if we're going to get rate-limited after downloading 20(?) videos a day from the feed.

sumjugei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4th-ing, i guess

My api page says I have no current rate limits, however, all the videos are still giving the error message on pocket casts

doublezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, that thing I said would happen 10 weeks ago, happened.

Now that E3 is here and trailers are being posted to the RSS feed, that limit of 20 items is far too small and easily exceeded.

Total file size that I've downloaded over the past couple of days is less than 5GB - smaller than many individual premium videos.

Trailers should be excluded from the limits and/or a trailer-free RSS feed should be provided - one which won't break every time someone adds a new video category to the site.

tandar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the limit thing people are talking about? Something that happened when they switched their RSS feed?

itafroma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tandar1: From the OP:

[If] you're using a generic app that uses our RSS feed to get the videos [or] you're running a homebrew script that needs some tweaking [...] you're going to need to append your API key to the video url or the RSS feed [...] Please note, you'll be limited to 20 unique video downloads a day downloaded this way.

If you hit the 20 video download limit, any subsequent video comes in as if you are unsubscribed or unauthenticated and you get Jeff's message instead of the video you wanted.

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#517  Edited By MillaJ

@smek: Thanks so much for this, you're doing God's work. My situation makes the use of a download manager necessary, and this is extremely helpful. Now I can watch all the GB videos I want!

nickervision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518  Edited By nickervision

I have been having constant problems with Video playing in the last month or so through the Plex Channel on my Nexus Player. I have tried countless things, uninstalling/reinstalling both apps, channels, I have even factory reset the Nexus Player. I can access all the videos through the Plex Channel in my Chrome browser on both my phone and computers. As well, the Plex Android app lets me watch the videos. But the moment I try to send it to the Nexus Player through chromecast or by using the Nexus Player Plex App, I get the 40 or so second clip of Jeff saying I could not be authenticated. I have several times been back to these forums looking for a solution and have yet to figure out what the heck is going on.

Does anyone else have a Nexus Player? Are they seeing this same problem? I would love to continue watching my Giant Bomb videos on the couch. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks

nickervision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a quick update, I tried removing the API key from the channel. And now I still get the Jeff Error message on the Nexus Player, the Android Phone Plex App, and in the Chrome Browser on the computer that I am running the server. But meanwhile it seems to work fine on a different computers Chrome Browser on the same network. Harrumph. Would love some ideas if anyone has them.

(just an FYI was testing with two separate videos, today's Quick Look of Overcooked and this Tuesday's First Ever Live GiantBombcast)

derFeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520  Edited By derFeef

Also reporting, does not work on the Xbox One in Plex, but works on my Windows 10 PC in Plex.

ablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GB channel on Plex app on Xbox One not working with API key for premium member.

jambowned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also having issues with Plex on Xbox One.

Works fine on my PC running Windows 10, but XBone is just the error video for everything.

Avatar image for the_fart_wizard
the_fart_wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm now getting prompted for my user+password. I've been successfully using the feed URL with the API key pretty much the whole time; haven't made any changes on my end.

Using Miro, if that's relevant.

sumjugei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a pocket casts user and subscriber to GB. I've been using the high quality feed with my personalized api for a while to manage videos on my ipad. It stopped refreshing and has no new episodes after 10/10. I am still able to get premium podcast feeds for the Bombcast and Beastcast.

I have contacted pocket casts also

Radish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Using the Giant Bomb App, no recent videos (starting around last Friday) will play anymore. When I try to download them, they fail and in the download manager it says "HTTP Error 404: not found." Older videos all work correctly and I am able to see the videos fine on the website.

smek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping old thread as download url changed and my jdownloader fix needed an update (unsure if this sill keep this way)

New fix code, you can add both and leave them in.

{

"enabled" : true,

"maxDecryptDepth" : 1,

"id" : 1489027003964,

"name" : "Fix Giantbomb 2",

"pattern" : "https://giantbomb-pdl\\.akamaized\\.net/.+\\.mp4\\?api_key=.+",

"rule" : "DIRECTHTTP",

"packageNamePattern" : null,

"formPattern" : null,

"deepPattern" : null,

"rewriteReplaceWith" : null

},

grim_wreeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smek: Thank you so much for both your original fix and this update!

rempresent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the "This is an Error Message!" video with Jeff's narration. Not seeing a solution in the first two pages, bumping the thread so that we can get a solution or a work around edited in the first post.

jinxplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am getting the error that REM is getting as well - using the Giant Bomb Video Buddy.

Fully up to date, I re-authed using the /boxee link and still getting this error on premium videos - streaming and downloading. I can DL non-premium videos with no issue.

I did add a fresh year of subscription during this sale, and anecdotally, I then noticed this problem.

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#533  Edited By tatsuyarr

@jinxplayer: @rempresent:

I had the same problem and the only way to fix this is to contact giantbomb support at support@giantbomb.com if I'm not mistaken, anyway the correct email is in the "This is an Error Message!" video. It was fixed in less than 24h for me.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@jinxplayer: @rempresent:

I had the same problem and the only way to fix this is to contact giantbomb support at support@giantbomb.com if I'm not mistaken, anyway the correct email is in the "This is an Error Message!" video. It was fixed in less than 24h for me.

Yes, please email me there and I can get you guys sorted. Just be patient; there are a lot of emails for me to go through. Sorry for the trouble!

rempresent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535  Edited By rempresent

@tatsuyarr:

Thanks for the help!

To everyone that started getting the video error

I had this pop up last weekend after resubscribing to Giant Bomb and it was resolved quickly by emailing Rorie (support@giantbomb.com).

Thanks for everyone's help and please be patient.

Frenden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seem to be getting this on premium content on the site, not when watching through a third party player or Pocket Casts, likely related to a recent resubscription? I emailed Rorie, so here's to hoping.

marokazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rick: Having an issue with an app called GBTV where I can’t play premium videos. Its gives that error message when I try to.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538  Edited By rorie

@rick: Having an issue with an app called GBTV where I can’t play premium videos. Its gives that error message when I try to.

Can you email me at support at giantbomb.com? I can try to look into this for you.

lukebr0wn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just signed up yesterday. I'm in my free trial period and downloaded video bomb and Giant Bomb video. Both apps give me the error message. Is it because i'm still on trial? If so i'll wait until the first payment has been taken. Using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lukebr0wn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541  Edited By lukebr0wn

Much appreciated Rorie. Last 3 episodes of The Run downloaded and watched today ?

emanpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Randomly started getting the Jeff message on Video Bomb, logged off there and logged back on and no luck. Now it's also happening on desktop site with Firefox. Haven't made any changes on either device and my subscription is good until September

andygazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546  Edited By andygazi

Hi Rorie. I have been getting these error messages on the xbox app and the video buddy. Also my LGOled browser won’t play premium when logged in. Is there a fix for these? Thanks!

jammysmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have started getting the Jeff video error using Video Bomb on my Galaxy s9. I've reinstalled the app multiple times and cleared its cache but nothing has changed. Premium videos still work in browser though.

APLandry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just ran into the Error Message video on all three apps; Video Buddy, Luchadeer, and Video Bomb. Playing in Mobile Chrome works, playing in Desktop Chrome results in the error until I switch from Progressive to HTML5. Let me know if y'all want any additional logs.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andygazi: @jammysmax: @aplandry: @emanpunk: Hey, sorry, I thought I responded to this yesterday. As far as we can tell the Video Bomb app is causing these API floods and I would recommend not using it until the developer gets that sorted out. If the error is still showing up, though, please let me know at support at giantbomb.com and I can see if an engineer can figure out your specific issues. Sorry for the trouble!

flammabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi!

My premium expired recently, and then I reupped a day or so later. Since then however, I always get the error video when trying to watch videos using the Giant Bomb Enthusiast App on Fire TV. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and reconnected multiple times. I've also tried running the app through the Android Emulator, as I've been toying with the app code lately. This also shows the error video.

Using the Video Bomb app on Android, and the web browser, both work fine. Is this likely to be an issue on your end? No code has changed in the version of the app installed on my Fire TV since it was previously working earlier in the week.