Why is premium content categorised as 'subscriber'?

baggykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Pretty much what the title says, everywhere premium content is labeled as "premium" somehow, yet in the Videos dropdown it is labelled as "subscriber". Why hasn't this inconsistency been changed after so long?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Giant Bomb is constantly growing and expanding as a site, and as you may have noticed, constantly on a state of practically exploding and breaking all over the place.

In other words, they used to use the word subscriber a lot more often back in the Whiskey Media days, and with everything else going on, no one thought to change it, because it's not a high priority thing. At least that's my assumption, I don't really know.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

yea what moosey said. the term premium is a "new" thing. it was subscriber for quite a while.

i think we should go back to subscriber. premium sounds more buzz wordy. subscriber sounds more professional....just like giant bomb.

baggykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mooseymcman: I imagined something along those lines, yeah. Just thought I'd point it out

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Premium content for subscribers. That's the best way to think about it, I guess. I too was confused/annoyed at the constant interchangeable use of the word.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like subscriber better.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Premium content for subscribers. That's the best way to think about it, I guess. I too was confused/annoyed at the constant interchangeable use of the word.

They usually call subscribers "premium members" though.

@legion_ said:

I like subscriber better.

I do too, for no particular reason.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

This is how I always looked at it. It's never really bothered me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60061752a57
deactivated-5e60061752a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To confuse and confound you.