#1 Edited by Monkeyman04 (1010 posts) -

This is a strange one and I've tried to google this, but couldn't find anything that fits. I was able to watch youtubes embedded videos that people would post on the forums. Starting yesterday though I've stopped begin able to see the embeds. I don't mean seeing the embedded video with a black screen. I just don't see anything.

Examples:

And yet I can see youtube videos that were posted before yesterday.

I'm running Windows 7 with the latest version of Chrome. I've also tried this with ad-block on and off. Also in incognito mode too.

#2 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

I have the same problem. But I think I can see videos pther people have posted while I can not see the ones I have posted.

#3 Posted by RazielCuts (2937 posts) -

+1 on this. You see the embed when you're in the text box but then when you hit post you get a big blank space where the video should be.

I think @ltsquigs messed with something before he left as a calling card, Wet Bandits style.

#4 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5249 posts) -

It's been happening to me too. I've even seen other people post big empty spaces where videos were meant to be.

#5 Edited by Village_Guy (2498 posts) -

Video totally (not) related...

EDIT: Ahh! It's broken! NOOOO!!!

#6 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4930 posts) -

Same here. I can't see most of the videos that were shared or the ones I have embedded.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36047 posts) -

Video totally (not) related...

EDIT: Ahh! It's broken! NOOOO!!!

I can't even see the (quoted) video in the text box. I mean, I can swipe over it and get the buttons that let me fuck around with it, but the video itself remains invisible.

This thread's gonna get freaky.

#8 Edited by Kidavenger (3511 posts) -

#9 Posted by Rorie (2704 posts) -
Staff
#10 Posted by ajamafalous (11856 posts) -

Yeah, same issue. I knew something was missing from posts but I wasn't sure what it was.

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Firefox 26.0 and Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m

#11 Posted by Fattony12000 (7059 posts) -

O JEEZ!

#12 Edited by LtSquigs (253 posts) -

Weird none of the code around this has changed at all in like 5 months, will look into youtubes end.

#13 Posted by LtSquigs (253 posts) -

Testing

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (14569 posts) -
#15 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1010 posts) -

@ltsquigs said:

Testing

working on my end as well. Could you possibly say what was wrong? I'm super curious.