Delete: LL Cool J & Ice Cube

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

LL Cool J  &   Ice Cube need to be deleted as they are not associated with any games. Ice Cube has GTA listed as a credit, but he only lent one of his songs to be used in the game, which doesn't qualify for a page.
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
TripMasterMunky said:
"LL Cool J  &   Ice Cube need to be deleted as they are not associated with any games. Ice Cube has GTA listed as a credit, but he only lent one of his songs to be used in the game, which doesn't qualify for a page."
i maybe wrong but i think it does qualify them for a page

as i have seen some people who have pages for just being thanked in the credits of a game .....
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

I'm pretty sure this exact discussion has come up before with Dave Grohl, and though the page hasn't been deleted yet, I think the consensus has been that the page should be deleted because licensed musicians don't get game pages.  If someone can show that Ice Cube and LL Cool J had more of a role in a game than providing a song or two (writing a song for a game, voice acting, etc.), then it's fine; if not, then Tripmaster's right - delete them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZombieHunter said:
"TripMasterMunky said:
"LL Cool J  &   Ice Cube need to be deleted as they are not associated with any games. Ice Cube has GTA listed as a credit, but he only lent one of his songs to be used in the game, which doesn't qualify for a page."
i maybe wrong but i think it does qualify them for a page

as i have seen some people who have pages for just being thanked in the credits of a game .....
"
I'm not sure about how being thanked works out, but I know someone just borrowing their song doesn't qualify. Otherwise this would be Rock Band & Guitar Hero central. LL Cool J doesn't even have any credits listed on his page - I don't know why Giant Bomb even accepts pages without any credits.

Although I do agree with you that people simply being thanked in game credits shouldn't qualify either (goodbye Jeff lol.) I mean, being thanked in a game? That's cool and all, but if you don't contribute to games yourself, what's the point? I guess we should have Cliffy B's mom have her own page then. A separate topic should be made for this argument though so it can be brought to attention more directly.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew
TripMasterMunky said:
"LL Cool J doesn't even have any credits listed on his page - I don't know why Giant Bomb even accepts pages without any credits."
Most pages came directly from MobyGames where they list the entire credits, including the people who did the music.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

You mean to tell me that Are We There Yet hasn't been made into a video game?! What are they waiting for?!?!

Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Not_Rage

I pretty sure your right, licensing dosn't count. Heres Jeff's stance:

Just to clarify for everyone, Person pages are only for people who have been credited in at least one game. A licensed appearance in a football game doesn't count. Except in rare cases where an athlete makes the end credits for consulting or whatever, they should not be in our database as Persons
Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Oh hell no. You saying Ice "mofo" Cube doesn't deserve his own page. I'd give that guy a page if I was making a website about astro-physics. And LL Cool J he alright too, he can stay.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yep, these need to be deleted:

Jeff said:

"Hey guys, wanted to give you a quick clarification on what we're accepting for Person pages.
We want those pages to only handle people who are credited in the production of a video game.

Musicians like Eddie Van Halen and Bob Dylan are not credited in this way. They're only mentioned in the context of their songs being licensed. That doesn't qualify.

We're considering other options that would allow us to handle bands, artists, and songs that have appeared in games. But please don't use Person pages for that purpose.

Thanks!"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keyser_Soze said:
"Oh hell no. You saying Ice "mofo" Cube doesn't deserve his own page. I'd give that guy a page if I was making a website about astro-physics. And LL Cool J he alright too, he can stay."
Hey I love rap too, but rules are rules homey lol. And LL Cool J is played out now anyways. But Ice Cube is still cool. But he still needs to be deleted. :P