#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
rathantoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By rathantoras

One of those pages seems to be just about the wii version which i've heard is somewhat different to the other versions however the page doesn't have enough information.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By droop

Oh I see. Well I guess it's up to the mods :s

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By iamjohn

Basically what happened is we had a thread a couple weeks ago in which some guy was going on and on about how different the Wii version is compared to the other versions so it should therefore have its own page.  He was a total dick about it, but the mods agreed with him and gave the Wii version a page.  And now the Wii version has its own page and no fucking information on it.

Man, fuck that guy.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@iAmJohn said:

" Basically what happened is we had a thread a couple weeks ago in which some guy was going on and on about how different the Wii version is compared to the other versions so it should therefore have its own page.  He was a total dick about it, but the mods agreed with him and gave the Wii version a page.  And now the Wii version has its own page and no fucking information on it.  Man, fuck that guy. "

This guy 

He has not been on for 3 weeks. And started insulting people left and right. 
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Shouldn't the wii just have it's own paragraph, like every other game that has different versions?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iamjohn
@VilhelmNielsen said:
" Shouldn't the wii just have it's own paragraph, like every other game that has different versions? "
You can make a case that if the two versions are significantly different enough (story-wise, gameplay-wise, etc.)--which Forgotten Sands Wii seems to be--it makes sense to give it a page that could better address what that game is all about.

My problem is more that this fucker fought so hard for a page to the point where he was a complete and utter douchebag to people asking him to explain himself, and then he proceeded to do nothing for said page.  What a cocksucker.
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vilhelmnielsen
@iAmJohn:  But it gets insanely confusing, since they're both called the exact same thing.
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@VilhelmNielsen said:
" @iAmJohn:  But it gets insanely confusing, since they're both called the exact same thing. "
Yes. But when he brought it up. He brought no proof and started calling me Mental handicapped. And was going after starfox as well. 

Our issues is. After all that. He did NOTHING at all. And just left. 
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iamjohn
@VilhelmNielsen said:
" @iAmJohn:  But it gets insanely confusing, since they're both called the exact same thing. "
Agreed.  I really wish we'd steal Screened's search that puts extra information about the game under the title (like maybe its year or what consoles it is for).  All I'm saying is that the reason behind the page is sound, despite the fact that it causes more problems than it does fix things... especially since said douchecunt has abandoned that page. >:|
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Demyx

All in all, I think the original page just needs to explain how the Wii version is different.
@VilhelmNielsen said: 

It's very confusing.
zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By zero_
@iAmJohn said:
 Man, fuck that guy.   
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Endogene

Here I am logging on on Giantbomb in a long time and i see this thread....  

Who to blame?  

The community, the mods, the staff? Dunno but it is nothing but an empty shell of its former self. Well hopefully it will turn around but the way things are going i doubt it. Well the forums and the wiki don't matter for the site really, most of the site visits are for the staff's content, would they simply be taken it away not much would change for Giantbomb. 

Well that is enough negativity for today. 

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By mracoon

This was already brought up and it was decided then that the Wii version was different enough to get its own page. Unfortunately, the person who was pushing for a separate page couldn't be bothered to fill it out, which is a shame. I'll set up a Wiki Task for the page and hopefully that'll help.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Karl_Boss

Yeah already a thread about this before.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CL60

I read through the original thread and I have to say...you guys started that. You were being incredibly picky with him. When all he was saying was based off his experience with it. Which he was correct about in the first place.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#18  Edited By LordAndrew
@Endogene: Hm? I'm not sure I follow you here. What exactly are you criticizing? I'm not sure if even you know. These issues have always existed. It's just that no one cared back then, so things just ended up happening however each individual contributor thought it should happen.