I don't think every pokemon or digimon should have its own page

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By kingmasters

because then you get 500 page that say nothing but "this guy is a pokemon/digimon form this game"
just like on the podcast you don't want 500 halo pages you just want one good halo page

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Systech

Yes, only significant Pokemon should have their own pages like the three starting Pokemon, Pikachu, and of course Koffing.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Homer

I think that they should. If you want to know something about a specific pokemon then it's great.

Avatar image for vash_the_stampede
Vash_The_Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Vash_The_Stampede
Homer said:
"I think that they should. If you want to know something about a specific pokemon then it's great."
But then again, this is not a Pokedex.systech said:
"Yes, only significant Pokemon should have their own pages like the three starting Pokemon, Pikachu, and of course Koffing."
Koffing? LOL
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Systech
Vash_The_Stampede said:
"Homer said:
"I think that they should. If you want to know something about a specific pokemon then it's great."
But then again, this is not a Pokedex.systech said:
"Yes, only significant Pokemon should have their own pages like the three starting Pokemon, Pikachu, and of course Koffing."
Koffing? LOL"
Yes, Koffing.

kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kingmasters

Koffing.and pikachu are the only ones that should have there own page

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By samcotts

I think it is fine. If people want to make individual pages for each Pokemon, let them, I see no problem. The more information in the database the better. It's valid information, and it's not like it will get in the way.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By brukaoru
systech said:
"Vash_The_Stampede said:
"Homer said:
But then again, this is not a Pokedex.
GiantBomb staff have said that they want the wiki database to be like an encyclopedia, so listing every pokemon and digimon would be significant in that regard.
kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kingmasters

that's my point is that it will and does get in the way when I'm trying to look for something I have slog through 500 pokemon pages
and sure it would be valid info if there was info but I've looked at 20 pokemon page that just say  "this guy is a pokemon form this game"
and there are hundreds more that say even less

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DualReaver
kingmasters said:
"that's my point is that it will and does get in the way when I'm trying to look for something I have slog through 500 pokemon pages
and sure it would be valid info if there was info but I've looked at 20 pokemon page that just say  "this guy is a pokemon form this game"
and there are hundreds more that say even less"
How is it getting in the way?
It's not like when you're searching for Half-Life Pikachu shows up.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By xruntime

I say let it be as long as its not point whoring - each article should be well written and detailed.

Personally I think its worthless information, but if someone just has an obsession with Geodude, then they can go write an article about Geodude.

kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kingmasters

well yeah I'd have no problem with it if there was well written and detailed articles
but I seriously doubt there will even be any and i want fans of pokemon if there are any still any to write well written and detailed articles just to spite me
because then I win and the pokemon fans win

Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Edgar
kingmasters said:
"that's my point is that it will and does get in the way when I'm trying to look for something I have slog through 500 pokemon pages
and there are hundreds more that say even less"
How often would you have to? If you're looking for a specific pokemon just type in their name and it wil come up. When you're searching for a game I doubt any pokemon would show up considering there aren't any pokemon named Pokemon.

xruntime said:
Personally I think its worthless information, but if someone just has an obsession with Geodude, then they can go write an article about Geodude."
I completely agree.
KuribosShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KuribosShoe

every pokemon is a character in a game, therefore, every pokemon should get a page.

believe me, there's enough useless info on all of them that none of those pages will really be blank

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#15  Edited By wefwefasdf
samcotts said:
"I think it is fine. If people want to make individual pages for each Pokemon, let them, I see no problem. The more information in the database the better. It's valid information, and it's not like it will get in the way."
I concur.
Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vlademir

I agree. There should be a Pokemon page for the actual story and games and then another page called Pokemon (Monsters) where you can list all of the separate Pokemon. The same should go for Digimon.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#17  Edited By LordAndrew
Vlademir said:
"I agree. There should be a Pokemon page for the actual story and games and then another page called Pokemon (Monsters) where you can list all of the separate Pokemon. The same should go for Digimon."
A franchise page and a concept (species) page?
Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Joker
systech said:
Agreed.
Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19  Edited By Termite

I think it's fine to have all the pokemon have their own pages

kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kingmasters
Vlademir said:
"I agree. There should be a Pokemon page for the actual story and games and then another page called Pokemon (Monsters) where you can list all of the separate Pokemon. The same should go for Digimon."
agreed
Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Daniel

Seems okay to me.