Metroid Dread

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Karl_Boss

This game should not have been deleted....it was never canceled and it was confirmed to be a real title by Yoshio Sakamoto in an interview.....the game could be considered to be vaporware but it is definitely a real title.

Yoshio Sakamoto's quote from kotaku.com:  "The day may come when Dread hits the stores"

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

That one quote means nothing.  It is pure conjecture and does not indicate that the game is in development in any way.  And where's the link to this interview?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Darkstar614

I agree that it should have been deleted. That title was born from some misread text on a screen in Metroid Prime or something, and doesn't confirm anything.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Karl_Boss

It was in development in 2005.....they halted development but it is still being hinted at like in this example....it may be vaporware but its still a game that has potential to be released based on what Mr. Sakamoto is saying.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hailinel
@Unknown_Pleasures said:
" It was in development in 2005.....they halted development but it is still being hinted at like in this example....it may be vaporware but its still a game that has potential to be released based on what Mr. Sakamoto is saying. "
Nothing of the game has been shown publicly at all.  All we have is hearsay on Sakamoto's part.  Not confirmation one way or another.  What would the game page say?  "A Metroid game that got stalled, then maybe cancelled, except not, and might be released at some point in the future, maybe...maybe not?"  Yeah, no.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Karl_Boss
@Hailinel said:
" @Unknown_Pleasures said:
" It was in development in 2005.....they halted development but it is still being hinted at like in this example....it may be vaporware but its still a game that has potential to be released based on what Mr. Sakamoto is saying. "
Nothing of the game has been shown publicly at all.  All we have is hearsay on Sakamoto's part.  Not confirmation one way or another.  What would the game page say?  "A Metroid game that got stalled, then maybe cancelled, except not, and might be released at some point in the future, maybe...maybe not?"  Yeah, no.  "
Yeah I guess it doesn't deserve a page.....But it would have been nice if you were more respectful towards me.....you seem overly aggressive in your writing.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I say we wait for a page to be created when we have more info if/when it arrives ^__^

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Karl_Boss

Yeah there really isn't enough info on it now....can't create a page based solely on what someone hinted at....oh well I'm only human.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hailinel
@Unknown_Pleasures said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @Unknown_Pleasures said:
Nothing of the game has been shown publicly at all.  All we have is hearsay on Sakamoto's part.  Not confirmation one way or another.  What would the game page say?  "A Metroid game that got stalled, then maybe cancelled, except not, and might be released at some point in the future, maybe...maybe not?"  Yeah, no.  "
Yeah I guess it doesn't deserve a page.....But it would have been nice if you were more respectful towards me.....you seem overly aggressive in your writing. "
I wouldn't say I'm being aggressive here.  Just assertive.  I'm sorry if you feel offended, but I felt a blunt approach would be best in this case.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Karl_Boss
@Hailinel: Haha more like all of your cases....just saying you come off as a very dry person.....nothing wrong with that but I would say you were being at least a little aggressive with me by belittling my argument....you said the quote I presented meant nothing when in fact it really does....it hints that this game could be released in the future.....may not be much but its not nothing.....but this topic can be locked now problem solved!
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King

Actually, I found something on the site which argues against the concept:

"Rumored titles should NOT be included here, only games that were confirmed by a game studio were in development at some point in time."

From the page on Canceled Games.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#13  Edited By LordAndrew
@Video_Game_King said:

" Actually, I found something on the site which argues against the concept:

"Rumored titles should NOT be included here, only games that were confirmed by a game studio were in development at some point in time."  From the page on Canceled Games. "

That's one of the criteria for attaching a game to that specific concept. It is not intended to specify which games are allowed pages on the site.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Karl_Boss
@Video_Game_King:  I don't see how this fits in to anything discussed here.....first of all its a game not a concept....and second we have already established that this game doesn't belong which is why it was deleted....Yes its true that rumored titles don't belong in the wiki but I thought that this game was actually in development when in fact I was wrong.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

Let me explain what I was trying to establish: I was saying the criteria for including a canceled game on the site. Since this game was just rumored and never announced (or even canceled), I was agreeing with its deletion and saying why.