Separate Resident Evil 1 into two game pages

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#1  Edited By ArbitraryWater

The Resident Evil 1 page is unique in the fact that it contains data for both the original (For the playstation) and the Remake (For the Gamecube) simply because they have the same name.

Although this might make sense from some standpoint, the Original and the Remake are still very different games with different mechanics and gameplay. After all, if Metal Gear Solid can have a different page for itsremake and original, why can't Resident Evil?

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA

I've never played the original (and not much of the remake, for that matter). But judging by what Wikipedia says, they do differ enough to have two pages.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, I support this change.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

I only own the remake, so I'm not too familiar with the changes that were made.

So I'm looking at the Wikipedia page right now to help out. In addition to a claim by Shinji Mikami that it's "70% different from the original", there are a few gameplay enhancements, new modes and secrets, new endings, and a more fleshed-out plot and backstory.

Based on that, I think it should get its own page.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@ArbitraryWater said:
" The Resident Evil 1 page is unique in the fact that it contains data for both the original (For the playstation) and the Remake (For the Gamecube) simply because they have the same name. "
It's not unique. Many remakes are included in their original page. For example Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy IV have only one page each, despite having DS remakes. It is handled on a case by case basis, dependent on the amount of new content. In this case I'd say the new content seems sufficient enough to warrant a new page.