Spelling rules

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SolongWrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolongWrex

I recently came across an article that had British spelling. Since this is very much an American website, I wanted to ask if a decision has been made on this. Are we supposed to use consistent style across all articles or is it mostly up to personal taste?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By ZombiePie

@SolongWrex said:

I recently came across an article that had British spelling. Since this is very much an American website, I wanted to ask if a decision has been made on this. Are we supposed to use consistent style across all articles or is it mostly up to personal taste?

Jeff has stated that all text on the wiki must be written using American spelling. Correct any British spelling you encounter.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Fallen189

You'll never catch it all. I'm just naturally going to spell things British and alter American spelling due to virtue of where I live in the world.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

@Fallen189 said:

You'll never catch it all. I'm just naturally going to spell things British and alter American spelling due to virtue of where I live in the world.

Yah, well I'm going to correct everything you correct into Old World Latin, I will spend my days watching the Activity Feed just waiting for you to pounce.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By FLStyle

@ZombiePie said:

@SolongWrex said:

Jeff has stated that all text on the wiki must be written using Bastardised spelling. Correct any English you encounter.

:D

Agreed, it would be weird to have multiple spellings across the site.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Fallen189

@Dagbiker said:

@Fallen189 said:

Yah, well I'm going to correct everything you correct into Old World Latin, I will spend my days watching the Activity Feed just waiting for you to pounce.

Thems fighting words, squire

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Fallen189 said:

Gotta catch 'em all. Pokémon Pokemon.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Karl_Boss

@ZombiePie said:

@SolongWrex said:

Jeff has stated that all text on the wiki must be written using American spelling. Correct any British spelling you encounter.

Unless it's a game title that is officially spelled using British spelling of course.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By ZombiePie

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

@ZombiePie said:

@SolongWrex said:

Unless it's a game title that is officially spelled using British spelling of course.

Only if that's how it's spelled on the United States game-box.

There's nothing else to discuss here and I see many of you are already derailing the subject of this topic. As such it is being locked. So please remember to write any and all text on the Giant Bomb wiki using American spelling.