Is anyone else nervous about how Fallout 4 will turn out?

• 120 results
cusseta80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jrm: A thousand times this.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Funkydupe

@whitestripes09 said:

@funkydupe: There's a kotaku article that has a video link of it. It's not 100% sure if the person took the longest or the shortest path, but they did go from one end to the other in 10 minutes. So take that as you will.

If it is similar to Fallout 3 or Skyrim, it's fine.

imrachers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's supposed to play better, so I'm on board. More polish than the past games is what has me interested. I've never been able to get into any Bethesda RPG, because of how boring the moment to moment gameplay is. Creating your own story is awesome, but I can't stand the walk-backwards-and-try-to-actually-land-a-shot combat. Also, VATS has been, and always will be boring to me.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was it always Bethesda RPGs reviews so close to release? Enbargo ends on 9th right? And it releases on 11th. I think it is a bit crazy considering how past games were received. I remember Witcher 3 reviews came out a week before it launched. It showed a great deal of confidence.

bhlaab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 15

#105  Edited By bhlaab

I think the game looks like junk and if I buy it at all it will be for $9.99 or less on a Steam sale years from now. I say this as a huge Fallout fan.

bhlaab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 15

@arbayer2 said:

The music selection I'm curious about. It seems that alongside the usual classic licensed music that Bethsoft elected to have lyrical music written for the game on top of its background score. I trust in Lynda Carter's good name even though I'm not really sold on the song I've heard on SoundCloud.

Gee, you'd think Lynda Carter was married to the CEO or something. It's like the Fictional Opera Within Citizen Kane of gaming.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.Ive seen ALOT of streams and gameplay of the game,and can say 100% that it will be one of the best games ive ever played.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing the game since Friday, and I have to say keep your exceptions to a minimum. I have some bullet point impressions over at Sessh "ask me anything about Fallout thread"

This is totally looking to be one of those games that gets praised, and hyped up, but 3-4 weeks down the line everyone will be talking about how disappointing it was.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I have seen so far, I'm not very impressed. I guess I'll wait a year or so before making the purchase through Steam. I'm sure as shit not shelling out $59.99.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Was it always Bethesda RPGs reviews so close to release? Enbargo ends on 9th right? And it releases on 11th. I think it is a bit crazy considering how past games were received. I remember Witcher 3 reviews came out a week before it launched. It showed a great deal of confidence.

Considering the majority of embargo's don't end until the game is out or the day before, I think a couple days before is generous.

LionsLinden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing for me is, when you're neither a fan of Bethesda games or Fallout, don't get too hyped this game might change that. Yet even if you're a fan of these games you still owe it to yourself to don't get hyped into oblivion but wait for some proper (quick) look into the game to see if it is for you.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's going to be the Far Cry 4 to the Far Cry 3 - A solid game that looks and plays a lot like the previous version.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will be a Fallout game, i dont expect anything spectacular. They are usually great games, but come with its own set of problems/issues.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it will be great if you liked skyrim a lot, if your going in expecting something mind-blowingly different then that with guns and some more polish then you will be disappointed.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@grantheaslip: I had high hopes this will be a huge step above the previous games, but despite all odds and negative press surrounding the technical nature of their games in the past it seems they just don't care in addressing those issues or innovating the formula. Sadly, seeing how many people continue to play Skyrim to this day doing lord knows what, they know that more of the same will sell just as good.

Monty_vaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#117  Edited By Monty_vaca

@grantheaslip said:

I just dropped my discounted Amazon pre-order. I’d been on the fence, having not been interested in any Bethesda games since Oblivion, which I spent dozens of hours trying to love to no avail. Between the E3 hype and a perhaps-misguided assumption that they might have finally addressed their long-standing technical issues, I was ready to give it a shot. The PS4 performance videos (and also shit like this report of a game-breaking bug) that have been leaking out convinced me that I’m better off waiting and seeing how it pans out. If I was a huge Fallout fan, I’d probably just power through, but I’m just not prepared to pay to beta test a game. At the very least (assuming the leaks are representative of the experience) I don’t want to reward their shameless lack of quality control.

Ditto, I only really pre-ordered it because of the discount, and yeah, finally thought better of that today and canceled the preorder. An extra $10 off isn't really going to make much difference to me if they haven't changed the things that pulled me out of Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Better to wait and get a better feel for it once reviews are out. Would love to hear that my concerns are unfounded (I'm less worried about the technical side, more worried about the writing side). It would be awesome to have a new game along the lines of 'New Vegas' which I loved, but just more Fallout 3 isn't super appealing to me.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I'm not worried about it per say since I'm not really a Betheseda fan, but I kinda figure if it's just another Betheseda game in their traditional best in class Lore Sandbox it isn't going to cut it this time critically. It's not 2011 anymore, their Open World competition has gotten better. They need to step their game up in terms of bugs, gameplay and story to catch my interest. Skyrim was a game I wanted to love, but it never hooked me.

So far I haven't seen anything that wows me, the extraneous systems seemed clunky and that iOS tie game seemed real mediocre. I didn't think it looked great visually either.

But you know no point in passing judgement until it's actually out.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#119 FinalDasa  Moderator

I'm more worried about any big save bigs that sometimes occur with games of this size. Or those little bugs that sometimes pester games at release like inconsistent frame rate or crazy long load times.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am not, at worst it is a Fallout game and I am very ok with that.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By FrostyRyan

This is totally looking to be one of those games that gets praised, and hyped up, but 3-4 weeks down the line everyone will be talking about how disappointing it was.

That literally happens to all great games now. There's always praise and then backlash. In other words, that's fine. Doesn't really matter.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The embargo breaks tomorrow so we will get everyone's thoughts on it then. I am really really interested as to what Jeff makes of it.

I don't even know what to make of it at this point. I've been riding the hype train pretty hard for the last week or so I'll mainly be glad for that side of it to be over.

Bethesda themselves seem to be hugely confident in it, so that's the main thing reassuring me.

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I feel that the "modern" fallout games were never really close sequels to the old fallout games so it is a little hard to compare their stories together. I always saw them as just an Elder Scrolls kind of game but with guns. They had the fallout property to play with so they took that as their jumping off point with this. I never really saw the story line as bad or the main point of the story. I feel the story comes from the world in these games and thats the magic of it.