Is Square out of touch? Or just mean?

• 107 results
SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I will buy it the Nth time, I will play it the Nth time, I will name everybody Sephiroth and have a ball the Nth time. The game still hasn't aged as well as the other PS1 era FF games, but I would rather play it than 4-6.

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand the love for FF6 really. It feels like one of the weaker of the tentpole SNES RPGs for me. Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger or even the earlier weirder FFIV all felt like more distinct, more ambitious and ultimately more fun games.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somejerk said:

I will buy it the Nth time, I will play it the Nth time, I will name everybody Sephiroth and have a ball the Nth time. The game still hasn't aged as well as the other PS1 era FF games, but I would rather play it than 4-6.

liking playing it is one thing. playing it before 4 or 6 is crazy and I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT.

after all this talk I might install this on my vita. the only issue is ive probably played through that first couple hours so many times it might be hard

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By bongchilla

Like people have said earlier the translation is what really needs an update.

It's not just spelling and grammar mistakes, it hampers the plot as well. There are several areas of the game where important story information is difficult to understand because the translation is just terrible.

The rest of the game plays just fine if you like the JRPG genre.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You people are crazy. A swish remake of FF7 would be huge worldwide and sell gangbusters, regardless of whether it's any good or not. FF13 was total garbage and still sold about a jillion copies.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@frostyryan: This is Giantbomb. Shitting on FF7 is the thing to do around here. Now if Jeff praised the game, things would be much different.

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A full remake of this game would sell a whole bunch of copies at $60 a pop. However, even with just porting the PC versions they will still sell plenty of copies.

I'm still waiting for a HD remake of Legend of Dragoon. Now that would be awesome.